Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doctor Who: The Bell's Of St John Prequel

Old 25-03-2013, 12:10
The Gatherer
Forum Member

At least you directed your yawns at the correct post. The Gatherer will be pleased
Indeed.
The Gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-03-2013, 12:12
The Gatherer
Forum Member

Or maybe he just doesnt take a bloody kids show as seriously as you pessimist nerds do and enjoyed himself.

I liked the prequel myself, and my standards are fine. Unlike you, I also get laid
Do you really? Why do you feel the need to tell us? Do you think we remotely care?
Old 25-03-2013, 12:40
DiscoP
Forum Member

Glib and totally missing the point.

All over the net people have expressed that this idea is a rehash. If your standards are that low and you're happy with it, fine
Oh well, if it's all over the internet then it must be true. Pardon me for having such low standards. Clearly all the other prequels to all the other shows are of much better quality. Oh no wait, there aren't any...
DiscoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:55
The Gatherer
Forum Member

Oh well, if it's all over the internet then it must be true. Pardon me for having such low standards. Clearly all the other prequels to all the other shows are of much better quality. Oh no wait, there aren't any...
That's fair enough. But you shouldn't complain when people with higher standards want something a bit better.
Old 25-03-2013, 13:25
saladfingers81
Forum Member

'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah,

I love how this thread as predicted did just turn into mindless Moffat bashing after all. Call me Gypsy Rose Saladfingers, soothsayer and sage for the ages!
saladfingers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 13:41
DiscoP
Forum Member

'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah,

I love how this thread as predicted did just turn into mindless Moffat bashing after all. Call me Gypsy Rose Saladfingers, soothsayer and sage for the ages!
But please bear in mind that all of these ming mongs have much higher standards than us Gypsy Rose. We should know our place
Old 25-03-2013, 14:20
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Glib and totally missing the point.

All over the net people have expressed that this idea is a rehash. If your standards are that low and you're happy with it, fine
Whinged would be closer to the mark.

It's a two and a half minute scene.

Chill the hell out.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 15:31
The Gatherer
Forum Member

But please bear in mind that all of these ming mongs have much higher standards than us Gypsy Rose. We should know our place
Surely you are one of the ming mongs Saladfingers is referring to, as well as himself, or are people only ming mongs if they disagree with your opinion?
Old 25-03-2013, 15:36
DiscoP
Forum Member

Surely you are one of the ming mongs Saladfingers is referring to, as well as himself, or are people only ming mongs if they disagree with your opinion?
Hmm, I quite like the sound of a ming mong. Yep I'm happy to be a ming mong too. A ming mong with VERY low standards obviously. Anything else Gatherer?
Old 25-03-2013, 15:40
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Hmm, I quite like the sound of a ming mong. Yep I'm happy to be a ming mong too. A ming mong with VERY low standards obviously. Anything else Gatherer?
We should get t-shirts with "Ming Mong and Proud!" on them.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 15:59
tomwozhere
Forum Member

The prequel was used to:

- Put the Doctor in the place Amy was in The Eleventh Hour (circularly structure)
- Show that the Doctor had found her, he just hadn't realised it
- Be ironic. Clara said that destiny was silly even though the Doctor's idea worked
- Give us something extra
tomwozhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 21:02
Lorelei LaFleur
Forum Member

'All over the internet'- hahaha. It is quality research they are throwing at us so I think we should all heed their words and admit Doctor Who is now rubbish and Moffat should be sacked. Because some ming mongs on the interweb said so. Waaaaaaaaaaaah, :
Gypsy Rose Saladfingers is really rather an excellent name.

We should get t-shirts with "Ming Mong and Proud!" on them.
Ming Mong with Mojo.
Lorelei LaFleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 02:14
smokencheese
Inactive Member

Spot on
smokencheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 11:02
Airborae
Forum Member

The prequel was used to:

- Put the Doctor in the place Amy was in The Eleventh Hour (circularly structure)
- Show that the Doctor had found her, he just hadn't realised it
- Be ironic. Clara said that destiny was silly even though the Doctor's idea worked
- Give us something extra
That's all I thought it was. Just a little extra. I just found the conclusion to be predictable. Is Moffat running out of ideas? may sound harsh. But he has definitely used the same themes with different characters.

BUT ENOUGH!

The prequel is a little extra and the main event is on Saturday night! Now that's what we should get our knickers in a twist for!
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote