Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Closed Thread
Old 31-03-2013, 13:36
Dave1979
Forum Member

Where did the separate Rolf Harris thread go I wonder?
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-03-2013, 13:40
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I doubt they could, since you didn't mention anyone specific. I was just pointing out that libel applies to everyone, not just celebrities.
True, true *nod*.
Old 31-03-2013, 13:56
anonyy
Forum Member

i couldn't beleive it when someone told me that rolf harris has been arrested again, i didn't know he was arrested in November. From what someone else told me they have been digging into this, that what comes in the following few weeks will rock the nation.

So this savile story will get ultimately worse, watch out!
Old 31-03-2013, 14:01
Pink Knight
Forum Member

Well when I tried to dig into the Brand story and its claimed that when he said the names, the audience were very surprised.
There are stories around the net of someone being pals with a couple of people at a London gents club, who may have paid a lot of money to keep out of rumours.

I hope I haven't said anything to be told off on here.
Old 31-03-2013, 14:45
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Peterborough: Police smash 'biggest child-sex ring' in the UK
Six men have been arrested and almost 50 alleged victims of rape, abuse and sex slavery aged as young as 12
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ld-sex-1794787
Old 31-03-2013, 14:49
lexi22
Inactive Member

So true. Some of those tweets are really spiteful and from a bunch of people who actually know nothing more than anyone else does but choose to embellish it and have a person 'convicted and punished' online, just for sport. Some of those tweeting, themselves, are possibly more sexually 'deviant' than the person they are accusing.
They're certainly much sicker and nastier than those at whose expense they're getting their pathetic kicks.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:22
elnombre
Forum Member

They're certainly much sicker and nastier than those at whose expense they're getting their pathetic kicks.
If the allegations are true, hardly.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:33
Glenn A
Forum Member

I sincerely hope these rumours about Rolf Harris are untrue as unlike Jimmy Savile, who always came across as creepy and false to me( even though I liked his shows), Rolf always came across as the genuine good guy.
If someone is spreading these rumours about Rolf, please bear in mind he is elderly and not in good health and such malicious rumours could kill him.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:37
elnombre
Forum Member

I sincerely hope these rumours about Rolf Harris are untrue as unlike Jimmy Savile, who always came across as creepy and false to me( even though I liked his shows), Rolf always came across as the genuine good guy.
If someone is spreading these rumours about Rolf, please bear in mind he is elderly and not in good health and such malicious rumours could kill him.
I highly doubt that the police would arrest him twice based solely on rumours.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:42
Glenn A
Forum Member

I'll wait until the truth comes out. However, I was convinced Savile was innocent until more and more revelations came out.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:46
Orangemaid
Forum Member

not read this thread ,just popped in, but Rolf Harris..no
Old 31-03-2013, 15:53
lexi22
Inactive Member

You don't know what he's been accused of, or whether he's guilty or not, and yet you're ok with him being the butt of sick and spiteful jokes on the internet? That makes me wonder about you, not him.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Anyone who gets their kicks from this - as some on this thread also seem to - has no moral compass.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:05
elnombre
Forum Member

You don't know what he's been accused of, or whether he's guilty or not, and yet you're ok with him being the butt of sick and spiteful jokes on the internet? That makes me wonder about you, not him.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Anyone who gets their kicks from this - as some on this thread also seem to - has no moral compass.
Where did I say I was okay with it? What I actually inferred was that I didn't think making jokes was as bad as committing sexual offences, if that is indeed the case.

The fact that the arrest was made in connection with Operation Yewtree very strongly suggests that the alleged crime is child sex abuse. Perhaps you genuinely do think that making a sick joke is worse than raping a child, but if that's the case I suggest you check your own moral compass first.

You did after all say in clear terms 'They're certainly much sicker and nastier than those at whose expense they're getting their pathetic kicks.'

Unless you're privy to some information that the rest of us are not, I wonder what makes you feel qualified to make that judgement call. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable stating that I definitively knew an internet commenter was 'much sicker and nastier' than someone who has seemingly being arrested for alleged child sex offences.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:22
nanscombe
Forum Member

The fact that the arrest was made in connection with Operation Yewtree very strongly suggests that the alleged crime is child sex abuse.
Perhaps you genuinely do think that making a sick joke is worse than raping a child, but if that's the case I suggest you check your own moral compass first.
You do know that Operation Yewtree is NOT purely about child abuse, don't you?

Allegations by whom, the Police or a bunch of Twitter users? Check the accuracy of your own moral compass.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:49
lexi22
Inactive Member

You do know that Operation Yewtree is NOT purely about child abuse, don't you?

Allegations by whom, the Police or a bunch of Twitter users? Check the accuracy of your own moral compass.
Quite.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:54
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

We won't know the nature of some of the allegations until the court cases (if they get to court).

Then, the media will be all over them.
Old 31-03-2013, 17:07
jzee
Forum Member

i couldn't beleive it when someone told me that rolf harris has been arrested again, i didn't know he was arrested in November. From what someone else told me they have been digging into this, that what comes in the following few weeks will rock the nation.
Or alternatively someone has jumped to a conclusion who doesn't know the full facts & then hyped up this story for who knows what reasons....
Old 31-03-2013, 17:12
jzee
Forum Member

There are levels of wrong doing, some would be reportable as sexual assault now, but back then would have been brushed off i.e. putting a hand on someones boob or their bum, we also have no idea about the age the person was at the time of this incident so to say some people may be severely jumping the gun on twitter & elsewhere is putting it mildly. We also have to allow for the possibility that if this is only one person making a complaint it may not be true at all.
Old 31-03-2013, 17:13
jzee
Forum Member

The fact that the arrest was made in connection with Operation Yewtree very strongly suggests that the alleged crime is child sex abuse.
Sorry but this is just completely wrong, Dave Lee Travis was arrested for groping adults and this was said to be under the Yewtree investigation.
Old 31-03-2013, 17:17
pegasus2
Forum Member

Or alternatively someone has jumped to a conclusion who doesn't know the full facts & then hyped up this story for who knows what reasons....
Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly Rolf has a bit of a reputation in Oz. Not a total surprise to us, but let's wait for the facts.
Old 31-03-2013, 17:31
habby
Forum Member

He's been put under the category of "others" for this investigation.

And over the last 20/30/40 years it seems that no men have come forward and said they've been molested by any female "celebrities". Is it just a male thing to do?
Old 31-03-2013, 17:38
Stupid_Head
Forum Member

Was the current guy who's been arrested one of the two Russell Brand named?
Old 31-03-2013, 17:39
jzee
Forum Member

Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly Rolf has a bit of a reputation in Oz. Not a total surprise to us, but let's wait for the facts.
I've looked to see I if I can find any evidence of discussion about him of that sort prior to his arrest in November, and I can find nothing.
Old 31-03-2013, 18:06
pegasus2
Forum Member

I've looked to see I if I can find any evidence of discussion about him of that sort prior to his arrest in November, and I can find nothing.
Okaaaay, as I say let's wait for the facts. Suffice to say this really isn't a surprise in Oz. I've lived there, have you? Despite the Murdochs the press in Oz isn't quite as open as it is here.
Old 31-03-2013, 18:31
*Clem*
Forum Member

Was the current guy who's been arrested one of the two Russell Brand named?
Nope. Not if the two names I read were correct anyway.

Closed Thread