Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 179)

1115116117118119121»

Comments

• Options
    orliefowlerorliefowler Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieron said this in the Gay Times interview that accompanied his naked photo shoot w/ PJ:

"A civil partnership is not something that I want to do personally. Weddings are fabulous but secretly I 'm thinking those couples just want to show off! My partner and I would rather buy a house together and signing that mortgage together will be our union."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would it be pointless for him to turn bad? The George eps already gave us a taste of what he's gonna be like in the next few months. He doesn't have anything left, he's acting out, and instead of spending his days crying himself to sleep he'll probably start doing illegal stuff like he used to in the past. Being good didn't get him anywhere, afterall...
    Also, this probably means that he'll stop working in the deli (I've been wondering if maybe the stuff Jonny Larkin wrote is them at each other's throats, fighting over the deli? And maybe Doug "wins" and so Ste is forced to start looking for a new job and that's when the new boys arrive?)
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 46,006
    Forum Member
    It's a Wolverine toy khughes. :cool:

Looking at Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine role on tv the other day, I did think he looked a bit like a beardy Emmett ...... and now that litle buddy seems to be following around! :D Strange. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »
    Watching the very very first Brendan episodes, you can tell they were going for the standard villain, weren't they? It probably would have stayed that way as well, had it not been for Emmett and his ability to make Brendan seem human. :o

I agree, they were going for a full on villain. I think we were meant to hate him. Emmett himself said he was hoping for most hated man in Britain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I agree, they were going for a full on villain. I think we were meant to hate him. Emmett himself said he was hoping for most hated man in Britain.

He was also still fleshing out Brendan and some of the longer pieces of dialogue were rather Charlie Casanova still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would it be pointless for him to turn bad? The George eps already gave us a taste of what he's gonna be like in the next few months. He doesn't have anything left, he's acting out, and instead of spending his days crying himself to sleep he'll probably start doing illegal stuff like he used to in the past. Being good didn't get him anywhere, afterall...
    Also, this probably means that he'll stop working in the deli (I've been wondering if maybe the stuff Jonny Larkin wrote is them at each other's throats, fighting over the deli? And maybe Doug "wins" and so Ste is forced to start looking for a new job and that's when the new boys arrive?)

But the deli belongs to ste. Brendan signed it over to him and him alone no?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really happy for them too :D

I think they'd probably have it small and private though, but I want it to be a celebrity wedding for the adoring masses and press :(. It'd be a treat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was also still fleshing out Brendan and some of the longer pieces of dialogue were rather Charlie Casanova still.

Yeah I think that too. Glad it didn't pan out that way though. I actually hated charlie casanova :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the deli belongs to ste. Brendan signed it over to him and him alone no?
    Well they're married, aren't they? Which means that what is Ste's is now Doug's as well? Also this is Hollyoaks. If they want Doug to have the deli they will ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On a different note, in the episode Brendan scurries along the village with Kevin's drugs, when he rips the gloves off with his teeth I loved it and was certain I'd seen it before. I had, in the episode just after he robs Chez Chez.
    Yeah I think that too. Glad it didn't pan out that way though. I actually hated charlie casanova :/

I enjoyed it, but in a strange way. Potentially just because of Emmett though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I hope they portray it like that, Hanni. That he's channeling his pain and thrillseeking, etc. The George stuff was good for that, as icky as it was at the same time, but I'm faith-challenged.

I just hope it's part of a greater storyline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    He's recently said a few times though in interviews that he doesn't want to get married that buying a house together would be the big commitment.

I think they are sooooo adorable together. Whether or not Kieron is really into marriage they have been together for so long now (6+ yrs?) so they are basically considered married anyway :cool:
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I had, in the episode just after he robs Chez Chez.

First scene he ever shot for Hollyoaks :cool:.
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Looking at Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine role on tv the other day, I did think he looked a bit like a beardy Emmett ...... and now that litle buddy seems to be following around! :D Strange. :eek:

There's an old picture of Emmett dressed in a vest with Wolverine claws from before Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    First scene he ever shot for Hollyoaks :cool:.

Sexy ;)

How do you know that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so maybe we shouldn't really expect him back until May, when the Roscoes arrive.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Sexy ;)

How do you know that?

He told me when we had the Bloggers' Day at the studios.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    He told me when we had the Bloggers' Day at the studios.

Ah, I see. How awesome! :D
  • Options
    orliefowlerorliefowler Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    And so maybe we shouldn't really expect him back until May, when the Roscoes arrive.

Nooooooooo....

He hasn't been off work though, has he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooooooo....

He hasn't been off work though, has he?

I don't think so, but he went to Dubai after he finished filming for Emmett's exit, and we already figured Ste wouldn't be around for most of April from the spoilers :o

He's got to wait for more characters to interact with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... He went to Dubai for like two days, and he's been working a lot since then. And he only has two days off for Easter, he's back at work on Tuesday I think. I'm definitely expecting to see him in April.
  • Options
    Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Crying with laughter at Ela and Joe on twitter :D

Hanni all this talk of weddings... where's my ring huh?? :cry:;)
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,263
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.