Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Will & Kate's baby name?

Old 31-03-2013, 16:26
Willow33
Forum Member

Doing who??? Hewitt?? They didn't meet until Harry was 2 ... You can't change that fact ..

How do you know its fact?
Willow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:27
Betty Britain

How do you know its fact?
I looked it up...
Betty Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 16:44
Babe Rainbow
Forum Member

I'd like them to go traditional and historic without being too obvious.

So Elen / Eleanor for a girl or Owain or Llewellyn for a boy - Davydd/David maybe ... being the Wales connection.

I would love Diana too but I don't think that will happen.

Elizabeth, Victoria, Charles, Edward etc are just obvious and boring.

I actually liked the names of the York girls. Different and unexpected without frightening the horses.
Babe Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 17:20
Anya D
Forum Member

He is very like his uncle Earl Spencer.. And has the look of The Duke when he was a young lad.. It's cos he has ginger hair everyone assumes the Hewitt connection..
Yes, willfully ignoring the red hair in Diana's family.
Harry looks very 'Spencer' to me. Not particularly like his mother but certainly like her siblings.

As for Kate and Wills, I don't think anyone needs to hold their breath in anticipation of anything even remotely off the list of usual suspect royal names for the first born.
I recall reading that Diana wanted to call William Stephen, but it wasn't considered royal enough.
Anya D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 19:14
The Dane
Forum Member

Red hair runs in the royal family too. Queen Alexandra was a redhead.
The Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:19
d0lphin
Forum Member

Girl: Elizabeth Diana Alice
Boy: George Charles Philip
d0lphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:22
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Yes, willfully ignoring the red hair in Diana's family.
Harry looks very 'Spencer' to me. Not particularly like his mother but certainly like her siblings.

As for Kate and Wills, I don't think anyone needs to hold their breath in anticipation of anything even remotely off the list of usual suspect royal names for the first born.
I recall reading that Diana wanted to call William Stephen, but it wasn't considered royal enough.
I thought it was also partly to do with the association to king Stephen and the civil war(s) in the 1200's?
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:31
stud u like
Forum Member

Adelaide.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:39
Emmersonne
Forum Member

For a boy, William again? Elizabeth for a girl.
Emmersonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:53
cazzz
Forum Member

Coolio for a boy
Madonna for a girl...its never going to happen
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:54
sueh21
Forum Member

It'll be Diana Elizabeth if it's a girl I'd bet. Although I think they should name it after a fictional character; such as Bruce Wayne Windsor or Draco Malfoy Winsdor. No particular reason, it'd just amuse me.
I highly doubt Diana will be the first name. Can you imagine the uproar of proud step-granny Camilla holding a baby called Diana
sueh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 20:56
cazzz
Forum Member

I highly doubt Diana will be the first name. Can you imagine the uproar of proud step-granny Camilla holding a baby called Diana
if its a boy they could have Spencer as a middle name
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20
Jimmy Connors
Forum Member

Maybe they should use my Sunday name Elizabeth
I like it! It's a very distinguished name, she'll become Queen Betty.
Jimmy Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48
bbnutnut
Forum Member

Charlotte Louise for a girl and John Philip for a boy.
bbnutnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53
Bungitin
Forum Member

Horace
Eric

Chantelle.
Honey boo
Bungitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01
Skaface
Forum Member

He was born in '84 .. Hewitt and Diana didn't meet till '86 ...
Not according to two books by different authors I've read. It's said in both of them, that's the official line to throw people off the scent and keep the truth hidden, but Di and JH were alleged to have been bumping uglies way before Harry was born.

Also, let's not forget the fact that the old baked bean stepped in at the 11th hour at Burrell's trial, causing it to collapse by suddenly 'remembering' she had given him permission to keep the items belonging to Diana for which he was up in the dock charged with stealing. Although she didn't 'remember' until halfway through the trial, which just happened to be the night before he was due to take the stand and give his evidence. Funny that.

Those of a cynical, or at least, questioning nature might wonder if she rather belatedly got him off the hook to prevent him blurting out something she'd rather the GBP never found out.... and I don't mean him letting it slip that she likes a couple of Jammie Dodgers with her cup of Earl Grey.

Harry's parentage wasn't the only revelation in those books either ~ there were plenty more regarding many members of Buck House, some of them going back years. Both books were a very enlightening read. If anyone's interested, please PM me and I'll give you the titles and authors names.

Anyway, back on topic ~ Bertie for a boy, Gertie for a girl.
Skaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:34
Bungitin
Forum Member

We could have a Jeremy Kyle special about the royal family.
Bungitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51
kizzib
Forum Member

I think Alice/Charlotte/Elinor/Emma/Isabella/Eloise are nice for a girl and George/James/Alfred/Arthur/Alexander for a boy.

Middle names could include Victoria or Elizabeth. I don't think Diana will be a middle name but if its a boy, why not Spencer as a middle name? William will also be a middle name.

Last edited by kizzib : 01-04-2013 at 10:00. Reason: Edited after looking on historical European royal names on Wiki!
kizzib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38
conchie
Forum Member

Elizabeth is a bit obvious for a first name.... turn it around and Alice Elizabeth Diana would be far nicer !

Really like the choice of George Charles Philip for a boy !
conchie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44
conchie
Forum Member

I think Alice/Charlotte/Elinor/Emma/Isabella/Eloise are nice for a girl and George/James/Alfred/Arthur/Alexander for a boy.

Middle names could include Victoria or Elizabeth. I don't think Diana will be a middle name but if its a boy, why not Spencer as a middle name? William will also be a middle name.
Love your choice in girls's names. Can't see Emma though... not really regal... and doesn't Helen Taylor already have an Eloise... so thats taken. The others are real contenders.... Alice/Charlotte/Elinor and Isabella are gorgeous and lets not forget, its not just a princess being named... this kid will be Queen one day so it has to be a name fit for a Queen.

George topping the list for the boy's name.. love it !! Alfred and Arthur seem a bit old fashioned, can't see James being used, even though I love it... as it may be suggested that good old controversial Uncle James on the Middleton side of the family is being given a nod of approval !! Alexander ...mehhh...can't really see that. I wonder would Henry be considered as a nod to Harry and Charles could be up there as well as a favourite with them.
conchie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52
cazzz
Forum Member

Not according to two books by different authors I've read. It's said in both of them, that's the official line to throw people off the scent and keep the truth hidden, but Di and JH were alleged to have been bumping uglies way before Harry was born.

Also, let's not forget the fact that the old baked bean stepped in at the 11th hour at Burrell's trial, causing it to collapse by suddenly 'remembering' she had given him permission to keep the items belonging to Diana for which he was up in the dock charged with stealing. Although she didn't 'remember' until halfway through the trial, which just happened to be the night before he was due to take the stand and give his evidence. Funny that.

Those of a cynical, or at least, questioning nature might wonder if she rather belatedly got him off the hook to prevent him blurting out something she'd rather the GBP never found out.... and I don't mean him letting it slip that she likes a couple of Jammie Dodgers with her cup of Earl Grey.

Harry's parentage wasn't the only revelation in those books either ~ there were plenty more regarding many members of Buck House, some of them going back years. Both books were a very enlightening read. If anyone's interested, please PM me and I'll give you the titles and authors names.

Anyway, back on topic ~ Bertie for a boy, Gertie for a girl.
I couldnt tell when Harry was young but in the last few years i think he does look like Prince Charles (minus the ears!)

I think you are right about the other stuff, Queenie suddenly remembering things was the last minute scramble to shut him up.

Back on topic, i think they will go for a name not already used so the girl or boy will be xxx the first, rather than Victoria the second etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

If it is a girl calling her Diana would just be cruel, poor kid.
Leicester_Hunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38
Psycho_Kitty
Forum Member

Right, I think if its a boy I'd love Arthur, Alfred or James.
Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:28
kazzy
Forum Member

Charlotte or Alice
Arthur or George
kazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:33
Shirley Carter

Very boring names.