Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 27-03-2013, 09:31
wallster
Forum Member

Why is it that it's fine for us to name celebrities that we "know" are gay in this thread but we can't use names in the '100% alleged' thread? That's a genuine question, not outraged criticism!
Suggesting that someone may be gay doesn't harm anyone. In the other thread the discussion is about affairs and other things which may be detrimental or libellous.
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-03-2013, 20:59
Airborae
Forum Member

I think there was a gay actor in The Sarah Jane Adventures...but I can't think what his name is...
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 12:54
UnlikelyHeroine
Forum Member

Although I am gay I do believe bisexuals exist and I did think Duncan James was bisexual as a) that was what he said about himself and and b) he seemed to like women at some point. However lately his statements about himself have suggested that he is gay. Perhaps there was a point where he was bi and he was simply being honest about that rather than some planned public move from straight to gay where bisexual was a stepping stone. I remember George Michael saying there was a point where he thought he was bi and had relationships with men and with women and then he realised he simply preferred men and that was that.

The Jessie J one is interesting. She seems very keen to be clear that she is not lesbian but bisexual. I appreciate she might want to set the record "straight" (arf) and her bisexual identity might be very important to her, but the speed with which she was tweeting that she wasn't lesbian but bisexual when someone tried to out her as 100% gay was kind of intriguing. The rumours I hear on the scene in London (I am not saying these are true) is that she has a long-term gf and has not dated any men since she was about 17 or 18. Of course if these were true, she could simply be a bisexual woman who is committed to her girlfriend, and if Jessie J says she is bi then she is bi.
UnlikelyHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 13:03
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Yeah, I think it's fairly well known that Jessie J has a long term female partner. I'm guessing the reason it's not "public" is that her partner probably doesn't want it to be, and I'm not sure I blame her.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 16:19
waz101
Forum Member

Callum Blue! (Smallville, Dead Like Me, The Tudors, etc) Someone posted his Adam4Adam account screenshot

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089485/

CAUTION - Naked photo's further down the page!

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/76511629.html#ixzz2OwiXtBkd

I suppose if you are stupid enough to post naked pictures of yourself on the web it's a chance you take
waz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 20:33
UnlikelyHeroine
Forum Member

Yeah, I think it's fairly well known that Jessie J has a long term female partner. I'm guessing the reason it's not "public" is that her partner probably doesn't want it to be, and I'm not sure I blame her.
I heard it was not the partner's decision but the famous person's Again, who knows how true this stuff is.
UnlikelyHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 22:03
sparkle22
Forum Member

I haven't read the chloe govern book on her but apparently she was told to come out as bi not lesbian it's her business.
But if it's the case then it's sad how many young lesbians are out not many only beth ditto who is not mainstream.
sue perkins and clare balding are both in their forties.
I think elle jackson of la roux is bi going on recent interviews.
But again I think record companies are scared of having openly lesbian or bi singers.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 00:29
Cryolemon
Forum Member

But again I think record companies are scared of having openly lesbian or bi singers.
There are a handful of openly bi singers.
Old 30-03-2013, 14:20
PADDY75
Forum Member

Although I am gay I do believe bisexuals exist and I did think Duncan James was bisexual as a) that was what he said about himself and and b) he seemed to like women at some point. However lately his statements about himself have suggested that he is gay. Perhaps there was a point where he was bi and he was simply being honest about that rather than some planned public move from straight to gay where bisexual was a stepping stone. I remember George Michael saying there was a point where he thought he was bi and had relationships with men and with women and then he realised he simply preferred men and that was that.

The Jessie J one is interesting. She seems very keen to be clear that she is not lesbian but bisexual. I appreciate she might want to set the record "straight" (arf) and her bisexual identity might be very important to her, but the speed with which she was tweeting that she wasn't lesbian but bisexual when someone tried to out her as 100% gay was kind of intriguing. The rumours I hear on the scene in London (I am not saying these are true) is that she has a long-term gf and has not dated any men since she was about 17 or 18. Of course if these were true, she could simply be a bisexual woman who is committed to her girlfriend, and if Jessie J says she is bi then she is bi.
I agree about Duncan. I don't think he lied about being bi. Because at a certain point in his life that was true. He's pretty flipping gay now though. Jessie, I really do think she is gay. I know she had an off/on girlfriend for years and now claims that she is single. If she is with someone I don't know if it is the same girl. Daily Fail linked her to a female dancer recently but I think she denied that very quickly too. She is quite cagey about her love life and I don't think it is about privacy. There is is something disingenuous about her and how she discusses her sexuality. The bi thing was a marketing tool for sure but I think she is cagey because she is not being honest. Just a feeling.
PADDY75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 19:14
basdfg
Forum Member

I agree about Duncan. I don't think he lied about being bi. Because at a certain point in his life that was true. He's pretty flipping gay now though. Jessie, I really do think she is gay. I know she had an off/on girlfriend for years and now claims that she is single. If she is with someone I don't know if it is the same girl. Daily Fail linked her to a female dancer recently but I think she denied that very quickly too. She is quite cagey about her love life and I don't think it is about privacy. There is is something disingenuous about her and how she discusses her sexuality. The bi thing was a marketing tool for sure but I think she is cagey because she is not being honest. Just a feeling.
Duncan James has a daughter I think so he was proabaly Bi at one point.
basdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 19:38
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I don't see how it's impossible for people's sexuality to change over time, but that point doesn't get acknowledged too much.
Old 31-03-2013, 22:05
sparkle22
Forum Member

agree about jessie I get the feeling she never wanted to talk about it in the first place but the rumours got too much.
I also don't believe lady ga ga is bi I think she has had sex with women but I don't believe she ever had a relationship with any as all her partners seem to be men.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 22:12
Cryolemon
Forum Member

agree about jessie I get the feeling she never wanted to talk about it in the first place but the rumours got too much.
I also don't believe lady ga ga is bi I think she has had sex with women but I don't believe she ever had a relationship with any as all her partners seem to be men.
I think Lady Gaga lives up to her name pretty well lol. She's probably bisexual in the strict sense, but as you say I'm not sure she would have a relationship with a woman.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17
incy wincy
Forum Member

I don't even think Lady Gaga is slightly bisexual, I think she's just used the label to get attention, might have drunkenly snogged a girl or two but that's about it.

I read somewhere that Jessie J used to talk about being a lesbian at gigs when she was first starting out, but as she got bigger it was hushed up and she was restricted to saying bisexual to avoid putting the public off her.
incy wincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:27
Pink Knight
Forum Member

I read somewhere that Jessie J used to talk about being a lesbian at gigs when she was first starting out, but as she got bigger it was hushed up and she was restricted to saying bisexual to avoid putting the public off her.
That's fairly low on my list of why I am put off her.
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38
MrMarple
Forum Member

I couldn't agree more.
MrMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

I couldn't agree more.
I really don't get the 'hate'* for her.

*I don't mean you feel so strongly it's just the best way to put it.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:39
Miriam_R
Forum Member

And that's the thing, if someone says they are Bi, Gay, straight or whatever (whether female, male, trans male, trans female) we as a public should just respect what they say. No matter how much we think differently and really believe that they are gay and not straight, or gay and not really bi..., and what whatever else, it doesn't matter, it is for an individual to label him or herself and no one else. Even if we think it as clear as day that someone is not what they say they are, we should allow them to identify as they want to and see fit. And the trouble sometimes is (whether knowingly or not) that some people (whatever sexuality) will label someone else a certain way because they want that person to be gay, or bi, or straight (for whatever reason) which shows how we sometimes think of ourselves and our own personal agenda when being adamant that someone is 'this; and not 'this'. I know people wouldn't always admit it, but the amount of times I'm with gay friends and they state how they'd love for a guy or girl in the media to be gay or bi, is just endless. And sometimes my straight friends too get disappointed that a gay girl or guy is not straight because, in some funny way, some of us relate our sexuality to theirs, and if it doesn't fit, it feels like a sense of rejection (even though you might have nearly zero chance of it actually affecting you in real life anyway). We are strange in that way as humans when we think that another person that we don't even know validates and shows support, or the other, of our sexuality. And even though its partly a joke and good fun at times when some of my gay friends say this, for them, especially for the gay girls, it is an expression of how starved of gay public figures they are that is the serious part underneath the the jokes.

As separate, I think all people (whether gay, straight or bi) are too quick to label other persons based on whether that person fits stereotype (either of physicality, behaviour or way of talking). And what annoys me is when people forget that we are all a diverse bunch, and whether gay, straight or bi, we can all fit in and out of these stereotypical boxes because of that diversity of humans. It's silly that we just presume humans are like books and are just how we look on the surface. Of course some gay people fit the stereotypical box, but plenty don't and merge in with the equal stereotype of what looking and behaving straight is (which not even all straight people resemble even if they are that way identified). Also, the other pet peeve is that people presume who you sleep with equals your sexuality as concrete fact, and mistake that for some, doing an act doesn't end up being the label that ties so rigidly with that act. For some, experimentation is the pathway to a realisation to what they indeed are (whether permanently for now or the long term future). But for others, it'sa stepping stone to confirming what they are for the present and maybe the future, (or maybe not). That's what sexual fluidity is, it's about going with the flow and just taking it for what it is, which some gay and straight people hate, not because they don't want to accept that person for what they are but again for a personal response of feeling rejected if that person's flow of sexuality steers away from them. I know it sounds crazy to to say this, but a lot of our fears of others sexuality is sometimes not our fear of how society will become, but where it places us as individuals in terms of importance. Those that don't mind a person being gay, straight or Bi are usually more comfortable not just in their own sexuality but as a person and their place in the world (I know, crazy theory, but I've also found there to be an underlying personal reason why someone doesn't want there to be more gay men or women in the world, or in reverse feeling with some gay men and women). What I also find is that Bi people are seen as the even more disruptive group out of the gay, straight and BI one, because they are not gay enough, not straight enough and can (supposedly) benifit from heterosexual privilege (even though Bi people can't choose who they fall in love with any more than straight or gay people can, and even though gay and straight people like to use the Bi label- whether intentionally or not- when it suits them and don't realise how that just perpetuates the negativity that lies on the Bi identity). With labeling in general, sometimes the emotional factors are put second to sexual activity, and the realisation that there are men and women that can easily sleep with someone without emotionally connecting to them (or vice versa with sexually connecting but in no way emotionally doing so). Sometimes that is where the confusing of Bi-sexulaity, homo-sexuaity, and hetero-sexuality lies. The emphasis is all about who you bed. And i you bed sex even just once, you are suddenly stamping that sexuality on your forehead (even if you heart has only ever been for one sex, or even just one individual). At the end of they day some of us (I know some will argue not all people) are complex people emotionally and sexually. The fact is, there is no label to clearly describe all of us when it comes to our timeline of sexual and, or, emotional experiences in life. And that's also the thing, sometimes we as humans just experience things and sometimes that will and won't define our sexuality. Some people can describe their life as only a one direction path, but others go on a multi path that even when finding a long stopping place, can not be guaranteed to end there. None of us know what is to come (when it comes to our own sexual/emotional experiences) so why do we always presume we know a celebs so well when we're not even experiencing it with them.
Miriam_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 14:25
attackmusic
Forum Member

And that's the thing, if someone says they are Bi, Gay, straight or whatever (whether female, male, trans male, trans female) we as a public should just respect what they say.
You are my hero! So sick of people trying to decide people's sexuality for them, especially when we don't know them at all.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 14:55
dee123
Forum Member

And that's the thing, if someone says they are Bi, Gay, straight or whatever (whether female, male, trans male, trans female) we as a public should just respect what they say.
While i agree, what is your opinion on someone like Luke Evans and what he has done. I have a couple of friends who think he's the gay Judas and refuse to see any film that he is in.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:59
loveloveX
Forum Member

Princess Anne.
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:45
attackmusic
Forum Member

While i agree, what is your opinion on someone like Luke Evans and what he has done. I have a couple of friends who think he's the gay Judas and refuse to see any film that he is in.
His case is different. He admitted he was gay before, then retracted that statement once he got famous. There is evidence to suggest he is lying.

I'm talking about people like Louis Tomlinson, who has a girlfriend and has always said he is straight. Yet complete strangers on DS think they can say "He's clearly lying", just because they either want him to be gay or think he is camp. Respect what he says, only he knows
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:33
BBaddict212
Forum Member

Tom Daley I have so much respect for him and everything that he has achieved at such a young age but it's just too obvious that he is gay/bi-sexual. I don't usually speculate but he is almost a dead cert.

Dermot O'Leary After the previous 2 serious' of X Factor he has been acting extremely camp i.e. dancing, clicking his fingers and worshiping Nicole Shwerigetlostafterthat . I always got vibes from him among many other people on here seemingly thinking it too. I know he's married to a woman but that doesn't count for anything at all.

Keith Lemon Any man that talks about t*ts and fa**y so much immediately makes me question them! From all the time I have known him doing Celebrity Juice etc I have never ever saw him linked or rumoured to be dating anyone. He is also very very camp!

Andrew Stone I absolutely love this guy but yeah he is definitely a friend of Dorothy's for sure!
BBaddict212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:00
Pink Knight
Forum Member

I really don't get the 'hate'* for her.

*I don't mean you feel so strongly it's just the best way to put it.
Don't hate her. As with Wand Erection she is hype over talent, (in my opinion.)
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 18:11
rob551
Forum Member

Tom Daley I have so much respect for him and everything that he has achieved at such a young age but it's just too obvious that he is gay/bi-sexual. I don't usually speculate but he is almost a dead cert.

Dermot O'Leary After the previous 2 serious' of X Factor he has been acting extremely camp i.e. dancing, clicking his fingers and worshiping Nicole Shwerigetlostafterthat . I always got vibes from him among many other people on here seemingly thinking it too. I know he's married to a woman but that doesn't count for anything at all.

Keith Lemon Any man that talks about t*ts and fa**y so much immediately makes me question them! From all the time I have known him doing Celebrity Juice etc I have never ever saw him linked or rumoured to be dating anyone. He is also very very camp!

Andrew Stone I absolutely love this guy but yeah he is definitely a friend of Dorothy's for sure!
You do know that keith lemon is not a reak person and that he's just a character played by a comedian / actor?
The rest probably are gay.
rob551 is offline   Reply With Quote