Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jim Carrey incurring the wrath from Gun owners

Old 05-04-2013, 07:04
*Sparkle*
Forum Member

I don't see any contradiction about Carrey having armed security guards and being anti-NRA.
Security guards have guns in a law-enforcement capacity, and they've been psychologically checked so they won't go off on crazy gun rampages.

It's different from people taking issue with the fact the NRA wants to give US civilians access to the sort of firepower other First World nations restrict to the Military.
Very true. I own and drive a car, so does this mean I have to approve of driving without a licence, or like Top Gear?

The NRA like to give the impression that they represent all gun owners, and all decent people (who being decent should want to own a gun), but in reality their campaigning protects the businesses of gun manufacturers and people who want to own un-traceable guns.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not confident that all security guards/police officers are mentally stable, or that their background checks will be sufficient, but then I don't presume that everyone with a driving licence will always drive safely.

Within the whole gun debate their are many shades of grey, especially in country like America where guns are already rife. You don't have to believe in a total gun ban if you don't want a gun free for all.
*Sparkle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:19
dee123
Forum Member

He tried to get on his political "High Horse" a few years ago, when he was dating model and actress Jenny McCarthy!! Her son, Evan, was diagnosed with autism, and in her airy fairy mind she linked it to infant vaccines and a gluten diet. Anyway, her and Jim started campaigning for cleaner, safer infant vaccines free of additives, etc. and they took their cause to talk shows, medical shows, appearances on Oprah, Larry King Live on CNN and even to Congress and the White House!! Started online petitions and protests outside pharmacies, pharmacuetical companies, etc. But it was all to no avail, as prominent expert researchers could find no substantiated evidence to link infant vaccines to autism!!

Jim Carrey is a dopehead who wouldnt know how to be serious on certain subjects if it slapped him up the ass!!
What does autism and vaccines have to do with guns? Jim's not the only one on a high horse.....
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:40
TVGirl319
Inactive Member

What does autism and vaccines have to do with guns? Jim's not the only one on a high horse.....
I was just pointing out that politics, serious issues and Jim Carrey just dont mix!!!
TVGirl319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:52
dee123
Forum Member

I was just pointing out that politics, serious issues and Jim Carrey just dont mix!!!
Why? So he can't voice an opinion on politics and serious issues because he pulls faces and throws himself on the ground etc... What an odd position to take.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote