Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

One Born Every Minute Series 4

Old 03-04-2013, 21:03
GreenJadeDragon
Forum Member

Similar story here. I only just got around to watching it last night, and had not seen or read anything about the episode beforehand. I just sat down to watch as usual, and was taken aback by the sad turn of events. I think it's being realistic, not exploitative, and was very brave of the parents to allow the episode to go ahead.
I hadn't watched it live but had recorded it for later. One of my colleagues had warned me that it was sad but I wasn't prepared for the very sad show tonight. The parents were so very brave to share their experience
GreenJadeDragon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-04-2013, 21:08
Randysback
Forum Member

Here come the Mid-wifes.. Promoting hard work and healthy eatin
Randysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 21:30
gillypanda
Forum Member

I've been waiting for this episode - isn't this the little nan who runs in the corridor and calls "help, he's out!" ??
gillypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 21:32
Fiona72
Forum Member

I stopped watching this programme, I feel a lot of the patients are playing up to the camera!
Fiona72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 22:32
blondie_81
Forum Member

Ah, I loved Baby Nathen's parents (Jude and Mike)! I could relate to Jude so much when she talked about her background.

How amazing was it to see her husband praying for her and the baby, as she was having strong contractions? I'm glad all went well in the end for mum and baby.

it is quite clear that Bethany is going to be an fantastic Mummy.
blondie_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19
LaceyLouelle3
Forum Member

His face when he walked in and realised he'd missed Alfie's birth...priceless couldn't help but find that funny.

I found watching Nathan's birth very traumatic, must have been terrifying for the parents. So glad it ended well.
LaceyLouelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:40
Randysback
Forum Member

If this program reflects the population of Leeds then 90% of the people there are brain dead Zombies. "a met im darnt job centre then he came to us ouse firt tea ant that wer it"
Randysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42
LIZALYNN
Forum Member

Lovely couples in this last of series. Beth's grandmother is amazing too.
LIZALYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 14:27
clairekb
Forum Member

That young couple worried me. The VT of him saying this would be the most important day of his life but then he was too busy smoking to be there. When he came in and kissed the baby I was cringing, I could almost smell the smoke on his breath as he contaminated that poor baby. Also saying how shocked he was when she said she was pregnant 3 months after they met, contraception anyone?
clairekb is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 14:38
Loon
Forum Member

If this program reflects the population of Leeds then 90% of the people there are brain dead Zombies. "a met im darnt job centre then he came to us ouse firt tea ant that wer it"
I can assure you this isn't all that accurate. Yorkshire has it's fair share of chavs but no more so than anywhere else. I'm just guessing that the chavs are a) more prolific breeders and b) more likely to be ok with cameras filming them!
Loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:45
walterwhite
Forum Member

No, it reflects the population of Leeds who when asked 'Do you want the most amazing and intimate thing ever in your life to be broadcast on Channel 4 in exchange for a few quid' said 'Yes Please'!
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:05
lynwood3
Forum Member

That young couple worried me. The VT of him saying this would be the most important day of his life but then he was too busy smoking to be there. When he came in and kissed the baby I was cringing, I could almost smell the smoke on his breath as he contaminated that poor baby. Also saying how shocked he was when she said she was pregnant 3 months after they met, contraception anyone?
It does make you wonder how long they will last together.
I have been watching 'Baby Bomb' which shows couples who have just had babies and how it affects their relationships. It is clear that some of them, similarly, met and had babies far too early after getting together and are very unlikely to be together by the time the baby has its first birthday.
lynwood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:28
ratty0
Forum Member

I felt uncomfortable about them too, but not for the same reasons. I just thought she acted very young and seemed a bit kind of vulnerable. Almost like she was still a child - I know she was only 17 but I thought she came across as being mentally a lot younger. I don't know exactly what it was but they did seem a bit unaware. I found it funny that he said they couldn't take their eyes off each other in McDonalds yet she said she wasn't remotely attracted to him for a good while.

He was clearly agitated and I did find it quite funny that he missed the birth after being so worried about it. As someone said, the look on his face was priceless.
ratty0 is offline   Reply With Quote