Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 12-04-2013, 19:02
Glenn A
Forum Member

I don't think you'll recognise the name Lorraine Crosby, but she sang on Meatloaf's massive hit, I'd Do Anything for Love, as Mrs Loud. I met her in North Shields last year, where she lives, and for all I didn't know who she was at first as the name meant nothing, it turned out she appeared on one of the biggest singles and albums of the nineties when she said what she did. Lorraine still tours now and again and appeared in The Voice last year, but she didn't make much from her most famous gig.
Also she was very pleasant.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-04-2013, 00:05
dee-rec
Forum Member

Saw her on the Voice last week, she seemed lovely and what a voice!
dee-rec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 16:47
Glenn A
Forum Member

I've heard Keith Richards is quite approachable when a fan recognises him. Also his notorious ex, Anita Pallenberg, is a familiar sight in Christchurch and people say she's totally unfazed by her fame and her past.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 17:18
WhiteShade
Inactive Member

I’m quite glad some artists still persist with privacy and mystique. I wouldn’t know who Kate Bush was if our paths were to cross to be honest. This is despite having her greatest hits album and being a fan of hers. I was disappointed that the Daily Mail mocked her weight when she picked up a CBE last week when they criticize current pop stars for being skinny and outgoing.

We saw Cheryl Fergison in pantomime at Christmas time, she was polite enough to sign my sister's programme twice as my Mum's pen didn't work and chat briefly to everyone considering it was quite late. I presume she wasn't staying at a hotel nearby because she made the same journey back back to the train station and was stood at a traffic light crossing beside us for a few minutes. A surreal moment.
WhiteShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 18:50
Femme Fatale
Inactive Member

Saw her on the Voice last week, she seemed lovely and what a voice!
I watched her audition on Youtube. It really baffles me when people like her fail to get any further than the blind auditions. Especially when you look at some of the rubbish who do make it through. I would buy her albums if she ever released any...she's quite reminiscent of Bonnie Tyler (who I love) but with a style of her own too.
Femme Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 18:53
Femme Fatale
Inactive Member

I’m quite glad some artists still persist with privacy and mystique. I wouldn’t know who Kate Bush was if our paths were to cross to be honest. This is despite having her greatest hits album and being a fan of hers. I was disappointed that the Daily Mail mocked her weight when she picked up a CBE last week when they criticize current pop stars for being skinny and outgoing.
Me too. A talented, wonderful woman who rarely steps into the public eye and yet when she does the gutter scum Fail just can't hold back from calling her "portly" and going on about how she's a recluse even though she's gone on record more than once stating that she isn't. It really is disgusting, and makes me embarrassed and ashamed of our media.
Femme Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 19:18
pothuthic
Forum Member

Deleted
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 23:12
sparkle22
Forum Member

agree she isn't 21 anymore if she wants to be overweight isn't it her business it's everyone's right to be who they want to.
the daily mail everyone hates them they victimise all the female celebs.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 19:10
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

I don't think you'll recognise the name Lorraine Crosby, but she sang on Meatloaf's massive hit, I'd Do Anything for Love, as Mrs Loud. I met her in North Shields last year, where she lives, and for all I didn't know who she was at first as the name meant nothing, it turned out she appeared on one of the biggest singles and albums of the nineties when she said what she did. Lorraine still tours now and again and appeared in The Voice last year, but she didn't make much from her most famous gig.
Also she was very pleasant.
The Voice has an uncanny knack of putting on people who've had previous fame just so they can be humiliated when none of the judges turn around. I think the only singer with previous experience to get through the blind auditions was the woman from 5 Star in the previous series.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 19:45
boddism
Forum Member

The Voice has an uncanny knack of putting on people who've had previous fame just so they can be humiliated when none of the judges turn around. I think the only singer with previous experience to get through the blind auditions was the woman from 5 Star in the previous series.
Tyler James had had 2 top 30 hits & was a finalist last year! Not not true that all ex-pop stars are humiliated.

I think this does rather prove the ageism of the music biz though. It doesnt matter if theyre turned the other way, an experienced musician would be able to spot a more "mature" voice from a teenager who's learning the ropes.
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 23:57
DavetheScot
Forum Member

Cleo from Cleopatra got through this week.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 00:54
XXRunXX
Forum Member

My uncle met Richard Todd while he was filming The Dambusters a very very long time ago. He waved him away with a cry of 'I cant work with these distractions' - every time that film comes on now its met with a chorus of that phrase!

Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin, over the Christmas period came into the Supermarket where I worked, He asked me politely where the Goose Grease was I replied "Goose Grease" He nodded
I was just about to tell him that he was in the wrong place and was going to direct him when Mel Martin his actress wife said sniggering " Darling SHE doesn't know what Goose Grease is!"
I replied with a and said I did and would they both like to be taken to it? To be totally fair he looked a bit
I found her attitude very snotty, rude and up herself.

But when Heartbeat was on (He played the Sergeant) The cries of "Goose Grease!!!" Actually anything he appears in he is known as Goose Grease now! And any family member viewing with me will ask "Do you know what Goose Grease is!!"
XXRunXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 11:09
katmobile
Forum Member

Stephanie Beacham - absolute class!

Were lucky enough to get tickets to see Strictly the week after she left. Somehow or other she got stuck with us plebs in a corridor waiting to go into the studio. Immediately took charge of the situation by asking us who we were supporting, and saying how great all the other contestants were. Very chatty, down to earth, funny and oozed class.
I'm glad to hear that she always came across on SCD as having a wicked sense of humour.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 21:30
quasimoron
Forum Member

Not quite a celebrity lol but Una Healy is up her own anus.
quasimoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 22:32
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin, over the Christmas period came into the Supermarket where I worked, He asked me politely where the Goose Grease was I replied "Goose Grease" He nodded
I was just about to tell him that he was in the wrong place and was going to direct him when Mel Martin his actress wife said sniggering " Darling SHE doesn't know what Goose Grease is!"
I replied with a and said I did and would they both like to be taken to it? To be totally fair he looked a bit
I found her attitude very snotty, rude and up herself.

But when Heartbeat was on (He played the Sergeant) The cries of "Goose Grease!!!" Actually anything he appears in he is known as Goose Grease now! And any family member viewing with me will ask "Do you know what Goose Grease is!!"
Makes one wonder what they wanted it for!
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 00:09
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin
I know him. He was in the 1978 Wuthering Heights TV series, as Hindley, and To Serve Them All Our Days, about a schoolmaster and his life between the Edwardian and World War Two era, which I saw in 1984. I think they were him, without checking.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 00:43
violetskies
Forum Member

I briefly met a couple of members from the band Il Divo and was pleased to discover they're just as nice as they appear to be on stage.

I'm very relieved to hear good things about Michael Bublé and George Michael, they're at the top of my ideal meet and greet list
violetskies is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 00:49
Mr_XcX
Forum Member

I have heard that the actress that plays Val on Emmerdale is very stuck up and ignorant.
Mr_XcX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 08:41
grantus_max
Forum Member

I have heard that the actress that plays Val on Emmerdale is very stuck up and ignorant.
It *must* be true then, if you've 'heard' it...
grantus_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:26
pfgpowell
Forum Member

Everyone who's met me says I very nice and approachable.
pfgpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:52
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Everyone who's met me says I very nice and approachable.
Who are you? Peter Powell?
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 14:05
diamond1
Forum Member

I met Nigel Mansel in the queue for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyworld, Florida the year he won the F1championship (he had a home in Florida)

He and his wife and kids were really chatty and friendly ... when we got on the ride he was in the front so "driving" our boat so lots of banter about chicanes coming up and being driven by a F1 champ

When everyone filed off the ride we didn't expect to see them again but when we got outside they were waiting for us so they could say bye and wished us a good holiday which was a nice gesture
diamond1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 14:07
pfgpowell
Forum Member

No, another P Powell. I'm most certainly far nicer than he was. Everyone says so. 'You're SO nice, the keep telling me. Of course, I blush, but, well there must be something in it I so many people say so. My sister says they are just being sarcastic, but that's just her being a real cow.
pfgpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 14:55
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I met Nigel Mansel in the queue for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyworld, Florida the year he won the F1championship (he had a home in Florida)

He and his wife and kids were really chatty and friendly ... when we got on the ride he was in the front so "driving" our boat so lots of banter about chicanes coming up and being driven by a F1 champ

When everyone filed off the ride we didn't expect to see them again but when we got outside they were waiting for us so they could say bye and wished us a good holiday which was a nice gesture
Aww. That's made me feel all warm and fuzzy. How lovely. This is right up there with my other favourites from this thread which include Roger Moore and Diana Dors.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 22:59
Mr_XcX
Forum Member

It *must* be true then, if you've 'heard' it...
My brother and his girlfriend met her and told me she was not very nice.

Mr_XcX is offline   Reply With Quote