Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 15-04-2013, 23:58
FusionFury
Forum Member

It could be either. They could move in the same celeb circles. Or, there may be more to it. Whatever way, if Ronnie is closeted he's closeted up to his eyeballs and won't be coming out anytime soon imo.

There was (unverified, as usual) talk he had a chap whilst at Man U. He is also said to be (or was) among Max Clifford's celebrity clients and like many a star, when he lived in the UK he was beset by constant tabloid womanising stories with competing call girls and glamour pusses (basically all people who it can be argued, can be paid to waffle). That all fizzled out (what a surprise) when he moved to Europe and in the UK we no longer hear a whisper about his 'flings' in detail. Funny that isn't it?
Max Clifford said he had a bisexual footballer client.

Isn't it strange how he had a kid with a unknown woman rumoured surrogate and nobody not even the press has found out who she was? we know how the press never give up the chase and this has Clifford's name all over it..

Weather he chooses to come out or not is another matter, he would have effectively have lived a lie his whole career to his millions of teenage girl fans. But he can make it a positive by encouraging others to come out..
FusionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:34
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Max Clifford said he had a bisexual footballer client.
I'd guess there are far more than one gay or bi footballers (and athlete generally, but footballers are the most high profile). I don't think Clifford is the only one who is, intentionally or not, keeping them in the closet.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 11:54
Conehead
Forum Member

I remember somebody said something I can't quite remember, but the fact is in celebrity land once the cameras are off everybody is doing it every which way with everybody else.

There. I said it.

So shoot me.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 12:03
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I remember somebody said something I can't quite remember, but the fact is in celebrity land once the cameras are off everybody is doing it every which way with everybody else.
It's true though.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:43
qantas330
Forum Member

i heard about philip schofield (pippi) in the early 90s too!! wouldnt be surprised.
qantas330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:53
qantas330
Forum Member

two more questions

ben shepherd

ant and dec.
qantas330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 18:09
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

Can see why people might question Ben Shepherd, but he's just posh really. He's married with kids.
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 18:20
TTTango
Forum Member

two more questions

ant and dec.
Ant is married - so I doubt it. There are lots of rumours about the little un though, but no proof.

A&D are on holiday in America at the moment, and they have left the wife (singular) at home. I guess she is too busy working. Follow them on twitter.

If A&D are indeed a couple, why did he marry Lisa? He seems too down to earth to have a beard.
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 19:11
Terry Hesticles
Forum Member

Ben Shepherd has never really pinged my gaydar but no male in the world of showbiz is a dead-cert hetero to me, so wouldn't rule him out. (I realise admitting this theory renders this whole thread pretty pointless to me but it's still entertaining )
Terry Hesticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 22:35
sparkle22
Forum Member

I don't think ant is gay i'm reading their biography at the moment just from the vibes I get I don't think he is.
I also think he is too down to earth to have a beard.
dec it's a 50/50 chance he could be gay they are both quite quiet outside of showbiz and dec is from a religious family.
There was some poster who posted on a thread about him.
and hinted that he may have a male partner but of course he could like women too quite ambigious.
does anyone have any proof about philip scofield?.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 22:38
Mattehhhftw
Forum Member

Louis from One Direction! Well in my dreams for sure!
Mattehhhftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 16:59
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Ant is married - so I doubt it. There are lots of rumours about the little un though, but no proof.

A&D are on holiday in America at the moment, and they have left the wife (singular) at home. I guess she is too busy working. Follow them on twitter.

If A&D are indeed a couple, why did he marry Lisa? He seems too down to earth to have a beard.
I am not suggesting Ant and Dec are not straight BUT, just imagine Ant and Dec are together as a couple and one has married for career reasons (probably not as they seem genuine but just go with me...)...

Do you think they'd get all those high-profile gigs on British television as an openly involved gay male couple? Would Cowbell look twice at them? Now for sure, I'd employ them, but I'm not the paranoid business suits sat in an office worrying about viewer ratings. Why draw attention to your hosts as being 'involved' (which would surely happen) when the focus should be on contestants?

If they were involved (theory only, folks) then the strategy has allowed them to become almost inseparable whilst flying under the radar. They are probably happy with their respective lives/partners, whatnot. I hope they are straight and happy with wives/gfs because the prospect of yet more closet cases in entertainment is depressing.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:03
SuperDude95
Forum Member

Louis from One Direction! Well in my dreams for sure!
He is probably gay
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:36
Lewnaticc
Forum Member

I used to think he's gay, but I'm not so sure now. He's either concealing it himself, or his label are. But tbh it's become the norm to have at least one gay member in a boy band/group, their record label probably think it makes them more diverse and therefore marketable.
Lewnaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 21:47
TTTango
Forum Member

If they were involved (theory only, folks) then the strategy has allowed them to become almost inseparable whilst flying under the radar. They are probably happy with their respective lives/partners, whatnot. I hope they are straight and happy with wives/gfs because the prospect of yet more closet cases in entertainment is depressing.
Only one of them has a female partner. Its the other one that is suspect. There are so many rumours about him, but he has not been linked with another male.

Most other in the closet males have been linked with another male at sometime or other hence the rumours.

Interesting theory wilhelmas

Industry opinion for all it is worth is the one on the right is Straight, but big question mark over the little un (every-one suspects - but no-one has proof)
Old 18-04-2013, 21:49
Mattehhhftw
Forum Member

He does sound it! but apparently has a long term girlfriend.
Mattehhhftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 00:34
Terry Hesticles
Forum Member

I've no idea about Phil Schofield, but one person I don't think has ever be mentioned on here that I've noticed is Toby Anstis - I've always had a gay vibe from him
Terry Hesticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 03:26
dee123
Forum Member

He does sound it! but apparently has a long term girlfriend.
Yeah her named is beard.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 03:31
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Toby Anstis - I've always had a gay vibe from him
No way. Remember the totally convincing rumours about Toby and Priscilla Presley a few months ago?
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 16:51
Airborae
Forum Member

I've no idea about Phil Schofield, but one person I don't think has ever be mentioned on here that I've noticed is Toby Anstis - I've always had a gay vibe from him
Me too.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 20:10
Rob1985
Forum Member

I assumed he was?!
Rob1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 22:40
sparkle22
Forum Member

agree with the previous poster cant think of any out gay presenters except for the camp queens like alan carr & graham norton people are afraid after michael barrymore.
though that was more to do with drugs and other things.
i've always wondered if ant and dec are more than best friends as they are constantly together.
although ant denied they were a couple when promoting their gameshow in america finished their biography.
but didn't find any clues two very private people.
we will never know the truth maybe dec will be like cliff the eternal bacholer.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 09:17
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

Oh dear
maddiesdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 16:49
TTTango
Forum Member

deleted
Old 20-04-2013, 16:50
TTTango
Forum Member

The little un is in love with his right hand man, but feelings are not returned.

Eternal bachelor