Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Shipwrecked - do you remember this happenning?

Old 05-04-2013, 22:03
topcat3
Forum Member

Something in real life made me think of this so just wondering if anyone else remembers

I only watched one series but there were tigers and sharks and sharks had this guy called Jeff and (i think) he was autistic and they made him live at the other side of the island on his own and completely blanked him when he came to get food everyday. Then the new recruits all chose the tigers cause of the way the sharks treated Jeff so they made him go home. It was so harsh i wonder what happened to him and if they now feel bad
topcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-04-2013, 22:38
Sex
Forum Member

what ever happend to shipwrecked?;o
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:20
Verence
Forum Member

Something in real life made me think of this so just wondering if anyone else remembers

I only watched one series but there were tigers and sharks and sharks had this guy called Jeff and (i think) he was autistic and they made him live at the other side of the island on his own and completely blanked him when he came to get food everyday. Then the new recruits all chose the tigers cause of the way the sharks treated Jeff so they made him go home. It was so harsh i wonder what happened to him and if they now feel bad
This series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipwre...e_Islands_2006
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:16
Glenn A
Forum Member

what ever happend to shipwrecked?;o
It was cancelled for good after the last series did badly in the ratings. Also Channel 4 wanted to abandon reality shows for teens and Shpwrecked had to go. ( The fact it was utter crap didn't help).
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:16
intoxication
Forum Member

I don't remember him being autistic, though he may have been. I don't recall that the show stated this? I do remember him being quite sneaky and trying to sabotage the team that he was on and when the other team heard of what he had done, they refused his request to defect to their team so he left
intoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:50
musicjukebox123
Forum Member

There was also a twist when Jeff sister came to the islands after he'd left and withheld her identity. Think she picked same island Jeff was on.
musicjukebox123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 16:11
Glenn A
Forum Member

To me it was a poor attempt at mixing I'm A Celeb with Survivor. I'm surprised Channel 4 made seven series of it as the ratings for the last two fell to 300,000. Also a prize of 5000 wasn't tempting when other reality shows were offering twenty times this.
Old 05-05-2013, 22:30
Alexis07
Forum Member

I much preferred BBC's Castaway series .
Alexis07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 00:20
Pandora.
Forum Member

I don't remember him being autistic. I didn't watch the first few episodes of that season though, so I'm not entirely sure why he was on his own.
Pandora. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 16:33
Glenn A
Forum Member

I much preferred BBC's Castaway series .
Surely not the 2007 remake, which sank without trace, but the 2000 one was good. Shipwrecked just didn't do anything for me and by the end most viewers.
Old 12-05-2013, 23:08
Pingu222
Forum Member

he wasn't autistic, he had adhd. i have no idea why i remember that but i do lol oh dear.
Pingu222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 14:08
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I might have heard of it but I don't remember watching it as I'm not much of a reality TV person.
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 22:08
Tyyleer
Forum Member

I remember he was a right idiot and brought it all on himself.

I used to love Shipwrecked! The whole Tigers vs Sharks thing. Hated the last one where it was just one island, think i lasted 2 weeks of it.

BRING IT BACK.
Tyyleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 11:51
Glenn A
Forum Member

I remember he was a right idiot and brought it all on himself.

I used to love Shipwrecked! The whole Tigers vs Sharks thing. Hated the last one where it was just one island, think i lasted 2 weeks of it.

BRING IT BACK.
No chance of it coming back now. Channel 4 cancelled it twice and gave it a third chance and when ratings failed to improve, ditched it permanently. Also since T4 has gone, I doubt reality shows aimed at the under 21s will be coming back.