Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Torygraph to put up metered paywall

Old 07-04-2013, 11:44
*Sparkle*
Forum Member

No it's not; I read that in about 2 days there - if it includes blogs as well as news stories.
If you are reading 20 articles in two days, then it is probably only fair that you pay. Or if you are that fussed, play around with cookies and browsers to get around it.

I'm not a natural Telegraph reader, but I am a big fan of there being choices in broadsheets and alternative points of view, so I'm pleased that there will be a number of free hits each month so people can follow links to specific articles.

With the Times, I quite often find myself nipping into my local library on the way home from work if something crops us during the day that looks interesting, so this is much easier!
*Sparkle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-04-2013, 20:27
Turnbull2000
Forum Member

Think I might pay up. 20 per year seems very reasonable.

And as much as I usually disagree with the Guardian, I would probably be willing to pay 20 per year for their online content.
Turnbull2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 21:36
husted
Forum Member

It's free to browse Telegraph with Google Chrome on Incognito Mode.

Chrome has an incognito mode so that history and cookies aren't recorded or registered, and paywalls don't work.
husted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 23:20
Parker
Forum Member

It's free to browse Telegraph with Google Chrome on Incognito Mode.

Chrome has an incognito mode so that history and cookies aren't recorded or registered, and paywalls don't work.
Only as long as the Telegraph lets you read a number of articles for free. If they went the same route as The Time this wouldn't help.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 00:21
husted
Forum Member

Only as long as the Telegraph lets you read a number of articles for free. If they went the same route as The Time this wouldn't help.
Jeeze! I don't know how long this will work. But more importantly, it works now!

I thought some people would appreciate me sharing info on how you can browse Telegraph for free. Silly me!
husted is offline   Reply With Quote