Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 20-04-2013, 17:44
vauxhall1964
Forum Member

Most of the posts aren't based on any face, or even rumor. It's just various fantasies being projected by gay men who are desperate for some of the worlds most successful / best looking / atheltic to be just like them and make them feel abit more normal. The insistence that the likes of Simon Cowell / Tom Cruise / Taylor Lautner / Louis Tomlinson / Tom Daley are gay reeks of a desperation that masks the fact that most gay men are actually are ( unfortunatley) not particuarly successful due to their sexual orientation.
oh please ... get a grip. If gay men were desperate to validate their - in your words - unsuccessful lives (talk about clueless) they'd hardly be willing to claim the likes of Cowell and Cruise, who are generally considered to be figures of ridicule.
Now go off and get some help with your own 'issues'.
vauxhall1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-04-2013, 17:46
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

I can't help but agree with the poster who said that most of these suggestions are just made up from fantasy. Philip Schofield has to be the most ludicrous one to date. He's marry with a wife and kids for crying out loud.
maddiesdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:59
SuperDude95
Forum Member

Most of the posts aren't based on any face, or even rumor. It's just various fantasies being projected by gay men who are desperate for some of the worlds most successful / best looking / atheltic to be just like them and make them feel abit more normal. The insistence that the likes of Simon Cowell / Tom Cruise / Taylor Lautner / Louis Tomlinson / Tom Daley are gay reeks of a desperation that masks the fact that most gay men are actually are ( unfortunatley) not particuarly successful due to their sexual orientation.
You have taken this thread way too seriously
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 18:35
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

Read the 'make them feel abit more normal'. Says it all.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 20:03
strictlyfloss
Forum Member

I can't help but agree with the poster who said that most of these suggestions are just made up from fantasy. Philip Schofield has to be the most ludicrous one to date. He's marry with a wife and kids for crying out loud.

^^ So you honestly think that having a wife and kids guarantees that someone is straight?
strictlyfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 21:33
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

^^ So you honestly think that having a wife and kids guarantees that someone is straight?
It makes it pretty much irrelevant

If someone is willing to go to such lengths as to marry someone and have kids with them, it's obvious they are never going to come out and publically embrace their homosexuality
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 21:43
strictlyfloss
Forum Member

If someone is willing to go to such lengths as to marry someone and have kids with them, it's obvious they are never going to come out and publically embrace their homosexuality

Hmmm - maybe, maybe not. Times change, people change! Elton John married a woman once, remember. No kids admittedly, but he still embraced the whole straight marriage thing as many other gay men have done.
strictlyfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 03:02
vauxhall1964
Forum Member

Sophie Ward did, as did Cynthia Nixon.
vauxhall1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 09:27
PatMcgroin
Forum Member

The little un is in love with his right hand man, but feelings are not returned.

Eternal bachelor

Well havin seen Mrs McP on the box last night I think she makes the perfect beard - the ultimate tomboy. She also looked more than a little bit bossy!

Great career for her out of this - never goes with them when they're away - they're in Portugal atm with Frank

Love the way the 'we're trying for a baby' spiel gets bandied around every now & then - yeah, course you are! That's the public silenced for another year or two
PatMcgroin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:18
TTTango
Forum Member

Well havin seen Mrs McP on the box last night I think she makes the perfect beard - the ultimate tomboy. She also looked more than a little bit bossy!

Great career for her out of this - never goes with them when they're away - they're in Portugal atm with Frank

Love the way the 'we're trying for a baby' spiel gets bandied around every now & then - yeah, course you are! That's the public silenced for another year or two
Did you see her face when SM asked whats the most romantic thing you have done, and A mentioned the Paris surprise.
I wondered if it was her he took to Paris or the little un.
Next question - which one of you puts your foot in it the most . Answer - I think that one goes to Ant. LOL
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:34
TTTango
Forum Member

Frank's been linked with the little un. Can't see it myself though. I thought he preferred Angels.

It was the States last weekend, and Portugal this weekend - they have gone on some golf trip to 'the Island' - Twitter.
These boys sure get away a lot of the time.

Does Mrs McP never get a romantic weekend away for two
Old 21-04-2013, 12:01
wilehelmas
Forum Member

oh please ... get a grip. If gay men were desperate to validate their - in your words - unsuccessful lives (talk about clueless) they'd hardly be willing to claim the likes of Cowell and Cruise, who are generally considered to be figures of ridicule.
Now go off and get some help with your own 'issues'.
I was going to tell him to trot on back to the Fred Phelps School of 'Learning' but you've done it nicely aleady.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 12:33
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I used to think he's gay, but I'm not so sure now. He's either concealing it himself, or his label are. But tbh it's become the norm to have at least one gay member in a boy band/group, their record label probably think it makes them more diverse and therefore marketable.
I don't think this is the bigger picture I'm afraid. They would let people come out at the time if it weren't a historical issue. Because it's a helluva PR headache with a gay bandmember in a female-focused band. Every major boyband that's had a gay bandmember had one living in hiding whilst their careers were peaking. New Kids On The Block, Westlife, Boyzone, even Blue...

Only lately, Union J's Jaymi HAD to come out because there were so many pics floating around of he and his boyfriend on their holidays etc, on the net. I doubt it was a case of him just wanting to be honest. There was too much evidence of an ongoing relationship to conceal...

And conceal it the POTB would have if they could. They even put out an article in a magazine where he was 'quoted' as saying he couldn't speak much about his partner (why? others can) but that 'she' wore the trousers.

'She' of course, turned out to be Olly. But for bi or gay guys that don't have/are too young to have a permanent same-sex partner their teams of people quickly rush to 'strategize'. It shouldn't be but it has been for years. If it wasn't the case the 3 gay lads from the majors (NKOTB, Westlife and B-zone) would have come out at the start/during the peak of their careers.

I don't think the strategy is ever to purposely look for gays lads to get into song and dance groups. They just look for charisma, good looks, a spark of something quirky. And they hope they all turn out straight so they can mould them into their little cashpots. Easier than it looks, heh.

I remember one boyband group that didn't make the cut and Simon Cowell having an undignified pop at the very attractive lad who could sing, but, who...of course bleeped Cowell's own gaydar by wearing a low-cut (probably female's) v-neck sweater. Cowell pretty much ridiculed his dress without explaining why (those of us that know, know why). 'You will have to lose that sweater, okay...smarm smarm, strict face...'

They end up with gay and bi lads because they are often drawn to creative arts; drama, dance, music and gravitate to auditioning for these sorts of groups. Many of them are very good (Jaymi, possibly has the strongest voice in Union J if you watch them). And which is why they often get through.

Then the management teams have their sexualities to 'iron out' for Simon Cowell''s fat botox land of plenty and that's when it starts to get a li'l sticky!
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 13:55
TTTango
Forum Member

Then the management teams have their sexualities to 'iron out' for Simon Cowell''s fat botox land of plenty and that's when it starts to get a li'l sticky!
Do you think it is possible for Simon to keep his almost '40 something' TV presenters in the closet, and find beards for them Even although they don't appeal to the little girls. I can think of at least 4 TV presenters, both sides of the pond, that work for Cowell and have rumours about them. The American one allegedly being a 'special friend'
Old 21-04-2013, 19:04
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Do you think it is possible for Simon to keep his almost '40 something' TV presenters in the closet, and find beards for them Even although they don't appeal to the little girls. I can think of at least 4 TV presenters, both sides of the pond, that work for Cowell and have rumours about them. The American one allegedly being a 'special friend'
Possible? Probably, if you pay them enough. Likely? No.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 20:05
sparkle22
Forum Member

seems to be more women coming out these days than men.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 20:19
Cryolemon
Forum Member

seems to be more women coming out these days than men.
Rightly or wrongly, there's less social stigma attached to lesbianism.
Old 21-04-2013, 20:21
sparkle22
Forum Member

agreed but there's still pressure for many young women to get married by 25 and many people of both sexes are trapped in marriages look at michael barrymore.
i'm not saying he didn't love cheryl but I believe many gay people get married to try and be straight.
even elton admitted that's why he got married in the 80's.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 21:40
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

It isn't the 80's anymore though. And nowadays it would be seen as weird for a woman to be married at 25.
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 23:23
Cryolemon
Forum Member

It isn't the 80's anymore though.
What with Thatcher in the news and football riots every other day it's starting to feel like though lol

And nowadays it would be seen as weird for a woman to be married at 25.
I dunno about that. Im 27 and I've got quite a few female friends who are (or were) married.
Old 21-04-2013, 23:31
Airborae
Forum Member

Aaron Carter. Surely...
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 03:33
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

^ Aaron and his older brother!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 03:49
THEONEFROMHERE
Forum Member

Gerry McCann
THEONEFROMHERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 08:59
Terry Hesticles
Forum Member

Agree re Nick Carter!
Terry Hesticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 09:44
Moggio
Forum Member

Not sure about Nick, although no doubt he had to bend over and think of England when Lou Pearlman was their manager.

Aaron on the other hand is almost certainly a friend of Dorothy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6z3TyFVG5Y

You go girl!

There's also a blind about him getting bummed in the back of limo by a certain Hobbit way back when.
Moggio is offline   Reply With Quote