Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Iron Man 3

Old 24-04-2013, 23:59
Octopus_Prime
Forum Member

going to watch this tomorrow, so cannot wait!!!!
Octopus_Prime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-04-2013, 02:56
darkjedimaster
Forum Member

Just got back from seeing it & absolutely loved it, will def be buying the Blu-ray when it gets released.

Spoiler

darkjedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 03:02
Des leader
Forum Member

Same as you DJM, great visuals, a bit darker than the past couple. Nice use of the suits. Loved Guy Pearce's Killian.

Spoiler
Des leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 03:06
CJClarke
Forum Member

Just got back from the IMAX double bill (got a sweet "IMAX 12:01" poster too!), absolutely loved it, best of the three Iron Man movies and almost as good as The Avengers for me. The action scenes were superb, the story was really strong, and the humour was great.

Spoiler

Also make sure you stay until after the credits

9/10
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:21
Motthus
Forum Member

I just watched it this morning and I really enjoyed it.Its a lot better than the second film but I still prefer the first film over the third one!

I have to say that watching the trailers over the past months spoilt the action scenes as most of them featured in the trailers but that's only a minor problem!

It did feel like the end of trilogy to me but with an open ending that could easily lead into a fourth film.I guess Marvel are just being careful with Robert Downey Jr contract talks still to happen!
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:29
Hitchhiker553
Forum Member

Saw it this afternoon and before I went in, I had no particular expectations as I'd really got excited for The Avengers and felt quite let down by it.

All I can say is Iron Man 3 was fantastic.

The story clips along at a really good pace, not staying still for a moment too long. All the actors played their parts in making this super great with no weak links for me.

It's funny throughout, not Avengers funny which left me cold comedy wise, while people around me in the cinema last year were laughing their heads off. The Mandarin was my favorite character today, very cool indeed.

I'm going to see it again on Monday and probably for a 3rd time later in May.

Up until now, Thor has been my fave movie from the Marvel Universe franchise but it's now a very close call with this.

Well done Marvel........nailed it!!!

10/10
Hitchhiker553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:26
Jonwo
Forum Member

Its a great film although I thought Tony wasn't Iron Man enough, did like Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin and Guy Pearce as Killian. Liked the post credit sequence as
Spoiler

Also liked the references to The Avengers especially Happy Hogans name for them,
Jonwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:44
Yuffie
Forum Member

Seen this last night and thought it was great. Not sure if I think its better than the first. It has a better story and better characters but that buzz feeling leaving the cinema wasn't there. But it is a great film. Had a bit of a Dark Knight Rises feel for me for a few reasons.

The Mandarin stole the show for me, he was excellent.

Spoiler

Anyway I'll be going to see another 1 or 2 times. I look forward to them.
Yuffie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:49
cunningham1471
Forum Member

The first was enjoyable, unexpectedly so.

The second was shrill nonsense. It was really boring with very little action. Most of the scenes seemed to consist of Downey Jr. talking over everyone else. The final showdown was a damp squib and Mickey Rourke's character was totally wasted. Even worse, it reminded me of 'Transformers', probably the single worst film I've ever seen.
Oh dear!

I saw this today and I left the cinema thinking it was on the level of Transformers and just as stupid.
cunningham1471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:50
Matt D
Forum Member

I went to the first showing last night, at midnight.

IMO...Better than Iron Man 1 & 2, but not quite as good as The Avengers.

The Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 1 > other MCU films.

Great fun, great action, and also bloody hilarious in places.

RDJ is awesome as always, while Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are both excellent. It was good too to see Pearce have a decent sized role again.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:52
Matt D
Forum Member

Oh, my only quibble...

Spoiler
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 21:18
Rincewind78
Forum Member

Oh, my only quibble...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 21:27
joshNOM
Forum Member

I wasn't a big fan of the first Iron Man, and didn't like the second much at all.

However, I really enjoyed this one. The story moved along really nicely (had some great twists too) and the cast did a great job, particularly Ben Kingsley. The action scenes were pretty damn awesome too.

Probably ranks as my second favourite so far in the Avengers film series (apart form the Avengers itself)
joshNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 22:27
C. Samurai
Inactive Member

This movie wasnt bad, but it's overrated, and reeneforces my opinion Marvel movies are the McDonalds of the comic book industry...you eat, it tastes good, but it's disposable, and you pay it no mind the next day

I can quote Nolan's Batlficks forever. To some degree I can recall a lot of Avengers despite not caring much about it. I won't recall a lick of this in a week. Entertaining, but nothing with any degree of substance.

your going to be disappointed then,and i don't have a clue why you say The Avengers was a shambles,for me it was better of the superhero films that came out last year,far better than TDKR for example was was
Good god man, get help. DKR was ten times better than Avengers.
C. Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 23:26
thierrynadal
Forum Member

I tried to watch The Avengers and got bored quickly, it's just every boy's fantasy however in my view, Batman begins has a better story and character development. Spiderman 1 and 2 is also better.
thierrynadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 23:32
CJClarke
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 26-04-2013, 00:54
Rorschach
Forum Member

I can quote Nolan's Batlficks forever.
Good god man, get help.
Pot...meet Kettle
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 04:52
Rincewind78
Forum Member

Well, I liked it a lot. As others keep saying, it was not as good as No.1, but much better than no.2.
I also liked
Spoiler
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 07:28
loonattic
Forum Member

is this filmed in 3d or has it been converted?
loonattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 08:08
GARETH197901
Forum Member

is this filmed in 3d or has it been converted?
Converted 3D
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:16
Motthus
Forum Member

I watched it in 2D but did anyone who saw it in 3D think that the 3D added anything to the film?
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 13:21
Dandem
Forum Member

I absolutely loved this film. Best in the trilogy by a mile. As an avid Liverpool fan, I also loved it when the Mandarin was watching our demolition of Chelsea last season

Spoiler
Dandem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:10
CJClarke
Forum Member

I watched it in 2D but did anyone who saw it in 3D think that the 3D added anything to the film?
I wouldn't say you'd lose anything by not seeing it in 3D, but the 3D was pretty good (at least it was on the IMAX, i can't speak for regular Real D 3D), it gave the film that added sense of depth rather than just throwing crap at the camera, the attack on Tony's house was particularly effective in 3D i thought.
Old 26-04-2013, 14:12
GARETH197901
Forum Member

I wouldn't say you'd lose anything by not seeing it in 3D, but the 3D was pretty good (at least it was on the IMAX, i can't speak for regular Real D 3D), it gave the film that added sense of depth rather than just throwing crap at the camera, the attack on Tony's house was particularly effective in 3D i thought.
I Agree,for a Conversion it was pretty decent
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:43
darkjedimaster
Forum Member

I absolutely loved this film. Best in the trilogy by a mile. As an avid Liverpool fan, I also loved it when the Mandarin was watching our demolition of Chelsea last season
OLAY OLAY, OLAY OLAY OLAY.
darkjedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote