Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 26-04-2013, 00:25
Simon Rodgers
Forum Member

No she's bi and never hidden from that.
Simon Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-04-2013, 00:25
Simon Rodgers
Forum Member

Cliff Richard. Defo
No he's asexual. He does not like men or women in that way.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:55
Daughterqueen
Inactive Member

Interesting report out that says gay men smell different to straight men.. Makes sense however its difficult to go around sniffing men's armpits!
Daughterqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:06
incy wincy
Forum Member

No she's bi and never hidden from that.
She was out as 100% lesbian before she was big, started retracting that and saying bi when she got famous. Seems it was a compromise - she didn't want to pretend to be straight but she was told to say she liked blokes as well, so as to not put people off her.
incy wincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:29
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

She was out as 100% lesbian before she was big, started retracting that and saying bi when she got famous. Seems it was a compromise - she didn't want to pretend to be straight but she was told to say she liked blokes as well, so as to not put people off her.
I think you are absolutely right. She didn't want to say she was straight like lots of other people do but she compromised to appeal to male fans.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 15:19
waz101
Forum Member

Has any other celebrity tried to go back into the closet having previously been out?
Elton John came out in 1976 in Rolling Stone magazine and went on to marry Renate Blauel in 1984
waz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 18:34
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Has any other celebrity tried to go back into the closet having previously been out?
Julia Gillard, the Aussie PM, was supposedly openly lesbian at university. She's now married to a man.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 19:22
attackmusic
Forum Member

Searching around the Internet on this topic brings out a lot of hypocrosy. People saying gay men only say they think someone is gay because they fancy them which may be true of some guys, but not the case for a lot of them. Also some of the people who complain about that are fan girls who absolutely refuse to believe any guys they fancy could be gay and say any gay rumours about them must be bullshit. Ofcourse some rumours wont be true but some of them obviously will be. Closeting and bearding is a fact. What difference does it make either way anyway?!
Are you not being hypocritical yourself here? I mean you complain about people refusing to believe someone is gay, but you clearly don't believe people saying they are straight as you mentioned Mr Cruise. The gay rumours about him are based on nothing, he has always denied it, been married to a few women etc. Isn't it unfair to call someone a liar unless, like with Luke Evans, we have proof?

As a young teen I used to swear Kate Winslet was a lesbian based on nothing but my desire I just don't see why you would doubt every celebrity claiming to be heterosexual Not trying to have a go, just confused.

As for Jessie J, I am not sure. I have only ever heard her say she is bisexual but I have heard others (including a good friend of mine) say she said she was a lesbian when starting out. I guess I just believe people until there is good reason to think otherwise (step forward Danny Zuko)
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 19:49
Simon Rodgers
Forum Member

I think you are absolutely right. She didn't want to say she was straight like lots of other people do but she compromised to appeal to male fans.
That's strange, not only are people supposed to be okay with the sexuality of others but I thought she didn't care what people thought of her anyway.

Maybe her preferences changed? That can happen.
Old 26-04-2013, 20:46
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

Are you not being hypocritical yourself here? I mean you complain about people refusing to believe someone is gay, but you clearly don't believe people saying they are straight as you mentioned Mr Cruise. The gay rumours about him are based on nothing, he has always denied it, been married to a few women etc. Isn't it unfair to call someone a liar unless, like with Luke Evans, we have proof?

As a young teen I used to swear Kate Winslet was a lesbian based on nothing but my desire I just don't see why you would doubt every celebrity claiming to be heterosexual Not trying to have a go, just confused.

As for Jessie J, I am not sure. I have only ever heard her say she is bisexual but I have heard others (including a good friend of mine) say she said she was a lesbian when starting out. I guess I just believe people until there is good reason to think otherwise (step forward Danny Zuko)
No I am not being hypocritical. I didn't say I didn't believe anyone who says they are straight, I am aware that there are more straight people in the world, but I am also aware of the fact that a lot of people do cover up their sexuality so some of them obviously will be lying. Just because there isn't concrete proof of someone being gay, that doesn't mean they aren't. If people are in the closet then there are often rumours but not proof. Doesn't mean it is bull( although of course some rumours are) John Travolta is married. Tom Cruise could be gay. Not saying he is. Just that he could be.
Old 26-04-2013, 20:49
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

You shouldn't automatically think they are lying but you shouldn't automatically believe them either. Also if people just think someone could be gay because they 'ping' or not because of any other reason doesn't mean they couldn't be. It's not an insult to suggest someone could be gay and I hate it when people take it that way
Old 26-04-2013, 21:53
incy wincy
Forum Member

That's strange, not only are people supposed to be okay with the sexuality of others but I thought she didn't care what people thought of her anyway.

Maybe her preferences changed? That can happen.
Of course people are supposed to be okay with it, but the entire premise of being in the closet is because some people are not okay with it. She might not care what people think but I bet her record label do. You're right, preferences might have changed but that is not what is generally said about her by people who claim to be close to her.
Old 26-04-2013, 22:09
pobop
Forum Member

No he's asexual. He does not like men or women in that way.
He has lived with a priest for 30 odd years, and I don't think he's in any financial hardship... so him being asexual is a complete myth.
pobop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 22:19
waz101
Forum Member

He has lived with a priest for 30 odd years, and I don't think he's in any financial hardship... so him being asexual is a complete myth.
He's only lived with the former priest (John McElynn) since 2001. Prior to that his manager Bill Latham lived with him.

For a committed Christian he's unusually Pro Gay Marriage as well, calling for The Church of England to commit to it in 2008. In fact most of his recent statements on being Gay have been very positive, as this article shows http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...hares-his-life
Old 27-04-2013, 01:18
Simon Rodgers
Forum Member

He's only lived with the former priest (John McElynn) since 2001. Prior to that his manager Bill Latham lived with him.

For a committed Christian he's unusually Pro Gay Marriage as well, calling for The Church of England to commit to it in 2008. In fact most of his recent statements on being Gay have been very positive, as this article shows http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...hares-his-life
What has living with a priest got to do with it? I'm sure a few men live with other males with no intimate connections.

As a Christian, it is important not to be hostile to your neighbour so he is probably in favour of gay marriage so as not to oppress anyone.

But he and the priest would know it is against their religion to be gay themselves.
Old 27-04-2013, 08:48
wilehelmas
Forum Member

The people that keep coming here to moan that there's something wrong about a thead with a title that you DON'T have to read, ask yourselves: a.) why you keep coming back then b.) you don't have to click the link if it annoys you. Simples...?

There are a zillion other threads on other topics (many of which the dreaded 'gay men' here get involved with too).

Why is it okay for straight girls and women to ask questions and wonder/assume, but not anyone else? Hmmm...It's not as if we're all waving placards outside peoples houses.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 11:36
Simon Rodgers
Forum Member

The people that keep coming here to moan that there's something wrong about a thead with a title that you DON'T have to read, ask yourselves: a.) why you keep coming back then b.) you don't have to click the link if it annoys you. Simples...?

There are a zillion other threads on other topics (many of which the dreaded 'gay men' here get involved with too).

Why is it okay for straight girls and women to ask questions and wonder/assume, but not anyone else? Hmmm...It's not as if we're all waving placards outside peoples houses.
Was that in response to my post?
Old 27-04-2013, 13:59
vauxhall1964
Forum Member

But he and the priest would know it is against their religion to be gay themselves.
The (ex) priest would know that "being gay" isn't against their religion, just acting on it is (crazy i know but that's the current official line)
vauxhall1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 19:53
waz101
Forum Member

What has living with a priest got to do with it? I'm sure a few men live with other males with no intimate connections.

I never actually said that he is gay? and lots of men live do together platonically. I'm just not sure they move around three separate homes together as Cliff & John do
Old 27-04-2013, 20:52
cliffy91
Forum Member

Interesting report out that says gay men smell different to straight men.. Makes sense however its difficult to go around sniffing men's armpits!
What utter nonsense
cliffy91 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 21:32
incy wincy
Forum Member

As a Christian, it is important not to be hostile to your neighbour so he is probably in favour of gay marriage so as not to oppress anyone.

I don't know what kind of Christians they are but some denominations accept gay people and have churches that actively welcome gay people. Isn't it plausible that Cliff could be one of those?

Not that I'm saying he actually is gay, just religion doesn't mean he's not.
Old 28-04-2013, 22:08
sparkle22
Forum Member

do people actually believe cliff has gone 40 years without some kind of romantic relationship cause I don't.
I believe he is gay or bi remember the interview with piers morgan right at the end it was pretty much a coming out.
without saying it I like cliff he will never come out and he dosen't need to to be honest bit like barry manilow.
I believe michael ball could be gay read a recent interview where all he talked about was his dogs and family.
nothing to do with his wife which seemed odd to me.
refering back to whether anyone has gone back in the closet.
michael barrymore recently though he's now single also anne heche although she said she was mentally ill.
a bit of a nasty thing to say against the gay community.
as most people don't choose to be gay.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 08:41
incy wincy
Forum Member

I reckon Anne Heche was just an attention seeker, she got with Ellen right as Ellen was about to come out and they became the most famous lesbian couple at the time (not that hard then really) and Anne just wanted that fame. Did she have any girlfriends before Ellen? I'm pretty sure she hasn't had any since because it wasn't long after she denounced it all.
Old 29-04-2013, 10:03
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

I reckon Anne Heche was just an attention seeker, she got with Ellen right as Ellen was about to come out and they became the most famous lesbian couple at the time (not that hard then really) and Anne just wanted that fame. Did she have any girlfriends before Ellen? I'm pretty sure she hasn't had any since because it wasn't long after she denounced it all.
Looking at her wikipedia page I think she probably just wanted someone to love her and thought Ellen would be the best as she doesn't seem to have a good relationship with men.

So I agree she wasn't ever gay or even bi.
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 13:47
TTTango
Forum Member

Frank's been linked with the little un. Can't see it myself though. I thought he preferred Angels.

It was the States last weekend, and Portugal this weekend - they have gone on some golf trip to 'the Island' - Twitter.
These boys sure get away a lot of the time.

Does Mrs McP never get a romantic weekend away for two
Back to our two little Geordie's again. Industry opinion is that the taller of the two is straight and is in a genuine marriage, but there is one thing that I find strange. The' little un' lives two doors away from the McP's. This is not the first time either, when the McP's originally moved to Chiswick, the 'little un' bought a house two doors away. (He was living with a woman at the time so no-one found it strange). When the McP's got married, and moved to a new house, the 'now single little un' bought a neighbouring plot and built his own "bachelor pad" next door but one.

The McP's were up in Newcastle at the weekend for a family wedding, and the little un was there too. Has the little un not got a LIFE OF HIS Own. He seems to spend all his time with Mr McP.
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote