Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Could BB hide the cameras ?

Old 07-05-2013, 00:40
MrTaylor
Forum Member

I heard they did this in the ozzy series once (I think)

So would you like a house where the HM's could not see a single cam?

Would be different... Apart from the camera runs they would have no idea who was been watched (if you know what I mean)
MrTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32
mrmattybeck
Inactive Member

Yeah think it wud be great
mrmattybeck is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33
big brother 9
Forum Member

like behind mirrors etc
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:41
soapnut
Forum Member

Yes this would be a good idea and put a stop to the cringeworthy 'performers'. Channel 4 did it on occasion so no reason why Channel 5 can't either.
soapnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15
farscape
Forum Member

I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed. We've heard the cliche that they forget the cameras but I always thought this to be guff. I'd say 90% they are aware they are on show, Hiding the cameras would help but not stop it imo.

HMs still hear cameras though. We often get complaints of "did you see x looking straight at the camera? It proves he's fake" when in reality when most times they naturaly look at the camera because they hear it whirring particularly if its turning to get a better shot, The HMs will still do that because they'll still hear it even hidden.
farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48
big brother 9
Forum Member

exactly farscape
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 13:42
Barracute
Forum Member

I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed. We've heard the cliche that they forget the cameras but I always thought this to be guff. I'd say 90% they are aware they are on show, Hiding the cameras would help but not stop it imo.

HMs still hear cameras though. We often get complaints of "did you see x looking straight at the camera? It proves he's fake" when in reality when most times they naturaly look at the camera because they hear it whirring particularly if its turning to get a better shot, The HMs will still do that because they'll still hear it even hidden.
I don't think it would make much difference as you say. But i do believe after a while the hms do forget about the cams, at least until something reminds them like when we go live to the house!
Barracute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 13:43
Barracute
Forum Member

Yes this would be a good idea and put a stop to the cringeworthy 'performers'. Channel 4 did it on occasion so no reason why Channel 5 can't either.
When did Ch4 hid the camera's
Barracute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 16:09
Veri
Forum Member

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you think that 90% of the time the HMs are consciously aware that they're being filmed, with that knowledge right there in their thoughts even when they're in the middle of a task, argument, etc?

If the cameras are hidden, that would also do a lot to muffle the sound, and in any case it wouldn't be so clear exactly where they are.

I don't think camera noise explains many of the times when a HM is looking at a camera. Think of all the times we see a shot that includes a group of HMs. If HMs naturally look at a camera when it makes a noise, we'd seen lots and lots of cases, day after day, when the group all suddenly look the same way, towards whatever camera's just moved. But we don't. Or whenever the camera we're seeing through moves, we'd see HMs turn to look at it. That doesn't happen all that often either. It's pretty clear that most of the time HMs either don't notice the camera sound or ignore it.

That doesn't mean a HM looking at a camera means they're fake, however. I think that what explains most of the times when a HM is looking at a camera is that there are lots of cameras, many placed where they can get face shots of the HMs, and there's someone who picks which camera's view to show and can pick one that gets a good shot of a HM's face.
Veri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 21:34
Gusto Brunt
Forum Member

I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed...
Well it would make a slight different as the nutty ones wouldn't seek out the cameras and flash their bums or whatever.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:37
johnan
Forum Member

Great idea.
johnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 17:17
imrightok
Inactive Member

I heard they did this in the ozzy series once (I think)

So would you like a house where the HM's could not see a single cam?

Would be different... Apart from the camera runs they would have no idea who was been watched (if you know what I mean)
A good idea,but a hm may inadvertently cover or obstruct the view of a camera.
imrightok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 17:21
emmetmcl
Forum Member

Hidden ones in the bathroom could be a possibility, as they may just think that BB aren't putting cameras in the toilets anymore, and then they would have more private conversations, etc. in there
emmetmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:24
Enidan
Forum Member

Well we have the visible cameras, the mirror cameras and the times when the camera crew are actually there in the house filming in person. So I guess a couple of hidden cameras won't hurt.
Enidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:49
InMyArms
Forum Member

Hidden ones in the bathroom could be a possibility, as they may just think that BB aren't putting cameras in the toilets anymore, and then they would have more private conversations, etc. in there
Trying to trick people into believing they're not being filmed while they're taking a poo whilst they actually are is ethically dubious at best.
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:55
Enidan
Forum Member

Trying to trick people into believing they're not being filmed while they're taking a poo whilst they actually are is ethically dubious at best.
Watching someone poo would be one of the more boring options for me.
Enidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 20:36
emmetmcl
Forum Member

Having hidden cameras to see people wasn't my number one reason for it, but I guess there are people who like to see that
emmetmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:05
honeythewitch
Forum Member

I know we want live feed but I would give that one a miss!

Too few cameras could make the contestants too aware of being filmed.
I think at the moment it is perhaps too obvious when filming is taking place or not.
If they filmed everything (or pretended to) the housemates would probably become less conscious of the cameras and it would stop them working out who is popular and what the important storyline is.
honeythewitch is offline   Reply With Quote