Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 03-05-2013, 00:57
Vixsta33
Forum Member

Sharon Maughan: If I said to some of us older folk, 'her from the coffee ads, did they/didn't they?' You'd know straight away, who she is. Stood in front of me in the queue, shopping in M&S, about 8-10 years ago, just before Christmas. I've met other famous people before, but she stands out because she started talking to me. I was giving her, (I thought), discreet, sideways glances wondering if it was her or not. As she was putting her shopping on the conveyor belt she turned to me, smiled and asked me if I was 'all set for Christmas yet'? And we then started talking about the stress of Christmas shopping. Lovely and a total Lady! Always thought she looked 'snooty' on T.V, she's far from it! I didn't ask her, if she was who she was, because her smile and voice gave it away, anyway!
Vixsta33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-05-2013, 17:17
andy_d77
Forum Member

Robbie williams - nice bloke dead straightforward friendly as was nigel kennedy at the hight of his fame good laugh too, roy wood again funny decent bloke. not nice certain ex members of the Australia cricket team, i won't name names but two of them did little to endear themselves to me.
andy_d77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:05
Jason100
Forum Member

but TOWIE were horrible, very up themselves and put themselves way above their level of fame..
Not surprised about this really, the programme is just as bad!
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:21
daniel99
Forum Member

Lucy Alexander- Very nice Lady
Frank Bruno- Very nice guy nice to talk to
daniel99 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 20:11
VideoNicey
Forum Member

I don't want to name names but a certain actress (rhymes with Lenise Belch) looks like a badly pebbledashed bungalow up close
VideoNicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:20
jeff_vader
Forum Member

Harrison Ford - doesn't suffer fools and can be very cantankerous, but lovely once warms to you.
Ewan McGregor - gorgeous
Jamie Lee Curtis - funny as f*ck.
Bridget Fonda - lovely
Frances McDormand - doubleplus lovely

Can also vouch for Sam Neill fans upthread - charming and handsome.

on the other hand:
Bruce Forsyth - what a c*nt.
jeff_vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 20:44
bluie2103
Forum Member

Met some of the hollyoaks cast at a charity football match today. All spent literally ages meeting people, posing for photos etc,all really lovely and friendly

Danny Mac (Dodger)
James Atherton (Will)
Nick Pickard (Tony)
Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren)
Tom Scurr (Barney)
bluie2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 21:48
sparkle22
Forum Member

I remember seeing that documentary on bruce forsyth on channel 4 not that long ago thought he was a bit strange.
I get the impression he's quite different off camera.
he's still a legend though but a bit strange.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:19
Glenn A
Forum Member

I have heard two conflicting accounts of Jon Pertwee( still my favourite Doctor, though). My grandmother met him in a shop at Skegness Butlins in the sixties and he had the whole shop in stitches with his funny voices and expressions. My late best friend met him in 1980 and when he recognised him as Doctor Who, he abruptly told him to change the subject and walked off. Apparently he didn't like being reminded of his most famous role until very late in life.
Glenn A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 15:24
Glenn A
Forum Member

I met Mike Smith outside the BBC in 1986 and found him completely rude and off hand. OTOH I saw Jimmy Young a few minutes later and he was a gentleman.
Also did anyone meet the infamous Jimmy Savile?I can remember the secretary of my local hospital radio meeting him and he said he found him creepy and false.
Old 06-05-2013, 22:35
soundcheck
Forum Member

I have heard two conflicting accounts of Jon Pertwee( still my favourite Doctor, though). My grandmother met him in a shop at Skegness Butlins in the sixties and he had the whole shop in stitches with his funny voices and expressions. My late best friend met him in 1980 and when he recognised him as Doctor Who, he abruptly told him to change the subject and walked off. Apparently he didn't like being reminded of his most famous role until very late in life.
Not excusing rudeness, but... Pertwee was (with some justification) afraid of typecasting, and felt that he stayed too long as the Doctor; he had been planning to leave a year earlier, but was persuaded to stay on, and it was the death of his close friend Roger Delgado (the Master) which finally convinced him to leave the series. He had quite a long list of successes both before and after Dr Who, and used to get quite prickly when he felt that these were being ignored. He was happy to talk about Dr Who as part of his acting career, but didn't like it to be the principal topic of conversation. Bit like Christopher Lee and Dracula (except that Lee has never got over Dracula, and I can't say I blame him).

It took a few years for him to get over this, and eventually he found that he liked the Dr Who convention circuit, and became a favourite.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 15:29
VideoNicey
Forum Member

Also did anyone meet the infamous Jimmy Savile?I can remember the secretary of my local hospital radio meeting him and he said he found him creepy and false.
Never met him but I saw him on a railway platform back in the nineties. I was a bit drunk and shouted "HEY JIMMYYYY!" He gave me a right dirty look as if he wanted to kill me.
More recently I spoke to a taxi driver who used to see Mr Sa-vile out and about in London, and his conversation consisted largely of "absolutely" and "marvellous", much like he was in the Louis Theroux documentary - "I love it, I love it, I love it. Next!" Not very clever or endearing.
Old 07-05-2013, 16:10
Ivy Rose
Forum Member

I went to the Star Trek: Into Darkness premiere in London last Thursday and the whole cast and JJ Abrams were amazing with the crowd. Chris Pine in particular seemed to sign autographs for ages. I got to see them all up close and they were happy, smiley people who really know how to get the fans on side when it comes to promotion. Met Alice Eve briefly and she was lovely.

I wish I could get to premieres more often. The massive ones like ST are brilliant fun.
Ivy Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 21:16
Westy2
Forum Member

Never met him but I saw him on a railway platform back in the nineties. I was a bit drunk and shouted "HEY JIMMYYYY!" He gave me a right dirty look as if he wanted to kill me.
Obviously not his type then.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 21:33
Glenn A
Forum Member

More recently I spoke to a taxi driver who used to see Mr Sa-vile out and about in London, and his conversation consisted largely of "absolutely" and "marvellous", much like he was in the Louis Theroux documentary - "I love it, I love it, I love it. Next!" Not very clever or endearing.
It wouldn't surprise me, he was completely false.
Old 07-05-2013, 23:10
Mumsy24
Forum Member

Natalie Cassidy was in the queue next to us in Tesco the other week
I didn't notice at first as I was reading the newspaper but OH said "Hello" to her and she was very friendly in her reply.

She is an awful lot slimmer than she appears on TV and really quite pretty..
Mumsy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:02
VideoNicey
Forum Member

This is really incredibly lame, but older forum users will remember a 1970s ITV series called 'The Comedians'.
My mum and dad ran into a group of the regular participants during a day at the races in the early seventies, including Duggie Brown and Charlie Williams, and apparently they were all absolute gentlemen.
Compare this to Jimmy Tarbuck who told my mum to "piss off" when she approached him for an autograph in 1966.
Old 10-05-2013, 16:38
cynet2007
Inactive Member

Windsor Davies a top fella and really nice guy in person!
cynet2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 16:43
Metermaid
Forum Member

Windsor Davies a top fella and really nice guy in person!
Can vouch for that. Lovely man. Perfect gentleman.
Metermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 16:50
Ella Nut
Forum Member

This is really incredibly lame, but older forum users will remember a 1970s ITV series called 'The Comedians'.
My mum and dad ran into a group of the regular participants during a day at the races in the early seventies, including Duggie Brown and Charlie Williams, and apparently they were all absolute gentlemen.
Compare this to Jimmy Tarbuck who told my mum to "piss off" when she approached him for an autograph in 1966.
Not lame at all. Not the first time I've read that about Tarby. Can't help thinking that a lot of 60's stars thought that coming from Liverpool, where it was all happenin / being pally or even just associated with pop royalty, ie The Beatles, made them royalty too. *cough ms black cough*.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 17:15
mike1948
Forum Member

I met Mike Smith outside the BBC in 1986 and found him completely rude and off hand. OTOH I saw Jimmy Young a few minutes later and he was a gentleman.
I had the misfortune to appear in a TV ad with the odious Jimmy Savile. I never saw the ad for Green Shield Stamps but luckily my encounter with him was brief - he kept on calling me 'superstar'.
mike1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 18:03
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I remember 'The Comedians' well. I think my dad used to book Duggie Brown for his club and found him okay. Never liked Tarbie.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 18:59
Ian Aberdon
Forum Member

Can vouch for that. Lovely man. Perfect gentleman.
Shouldn't that be...LUVVY BOY...
Ian Aberdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:11
dodrade
Forum Member

But would anyone say otherwise now? There were hundreds at his funeral but now everyone says they always knew he was a wrong'un, which clearly isn't true. Is there anyone who met him who would admit now they thought he was an ok guy at the time?
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:50
dorydaryl
Forum Member

But would anyone say otherwise now? There were hundreds at his funeral but now everyone says they always knew he was a wrong'un, which clearly isn't true. Is there anyone who met him who would admit now they thought he was an ok guy at the time?
Fair point, that. I think people originally cut him slack because of his chari-dee work even if they did think him a bit dodgy. When the floodgates opened, it changed.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote