Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 07:46
clsyorkshire
Forum Member

Rude colleagues in open plan offices.

People who want to speak to me shout across the office instead of coming over to my desk to talk. I ignore these people and in the end they are forced to get up and come across.

People who want to speak to me but I'm on the phone to a customer. Instead of politely waiting until I'm finished, they walk to my desk and hover over me until I'm finished. Sometimes I string out the call deliberately to make them wait.
clsyorkshire is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39
giz a tab
Inactive Member

People who want to speak to me shout across the office instead of coming over to my desk to talk. I ignore these people and in the end they are forced to get up and come across.

People who want to speak to me but I'm on the phone to a customer. Instead of politely waiting until I'm finished, they walk to my desk and hover over me until I'm finished. Sometimes I string out the call deliberately to make them wait.

You force them to come over to your desk and then deliberately make them wait?
A right bundle of joy.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41
Watcher #1
Forum Member

The fact that the spare wheel on my car is stored in a ridiculous underbody tray contraption, rather than inside a well in the boot
Old 09-05-2013, 10:04
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

I wasn't going to include this but I have too. The mrs coming into the bathroom (while i'm having a bath) and taking a dump. WTF is the need for that. Like that advert that used to be on for WKD, but role reversal. How iv'e put up with her for 10 years is beyond me lol
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50
malpasc
Forum Member

I wasn't going to include this but I have too. The mrs coming into the bathroom (while i'm having a bath) and taking a dump. WTF is the need for that. Like that advert that used to be on for WKD, but role reversal. How iv'e put up with her for 10 years is beyond me lol
Put a lock on the door?!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52
Ben_Copland
Forum Member

I thought that was a sign of love, being able to watch your other half empty their bowels.
Ben_Copland is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54
ixHellstormx
Forum Member

Put a lock on the door?!
there is one but its the kind that can be opened from the outside (in case the kids locked themselves in) but we never use it tbh. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind her coming in to use the toilet but she just seems to always want to poo when i'm having a bath
ixHellstormx is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02
dreadnought
Forum Member

People who do lots of continuous little sneezes instead of one big one.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:16
Andy2
Forum Member

You force them to come over to your desk and then deliberately make them wait?
A right bundle of joy.
Except that isn't what he said.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17
Andy2
Forum Member

there is one but its the kind that can be opened from the outside (in case the kids locked themselves in) but we never use it tbh. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind her coming in to use the toilet but she just seems to always want to poo when i'm having a bath
Why not just tell her not to? It sounds disgusting to me, but I suppose it takes all sorts.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21
Melody.ExE
Forum Member

- People who can't hole punch in the middle, even when the hole puncher has one of those measures on the side! (Stop making my folders all messy!)

- People who just take pens from my desk while I'm not there because it's closer than the stationery cupboard

- People who (no matter how many times I ask) insist on putting new paperwork in my "Outwork" tray, and then compain at me if I miss it.

- People who put multiple staples in one document.

- Late people (If we agree on a time, I expect you to be ready to leave by that time, not just getting changed)

I could go on, but I think I should stop before I get legitimately annoyed!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27
Watcher #1
Forum Member

People who arrive early for a social event. If we say "get here for 7:30 to 8", don't arrive at 7:25. It is worse than people being late
Old 09-05-2013, 11:34
Melody.ExE
Forum Member

People who arrive early for a social event. If we say "get here for 7:30 to 8", don't arrive at 7:25. It is worse than people being late
Guilty... I'd be the guest to get there at 7:30 on the dot (Literally sit in the car around the corner until 7:30...) Because when I host things and say "Get here for 7:30", I'm all set up by 7:00... And then no one arrives until gone 8:00
Old 09-05-2013, 12:02
FirstChibi
Forum Member

People who abandon their trolleys at one end of an aisle in a supermarket, to get something from further down the aisle.

People saying "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less" and a new one that keeps cropping up, "on accident" instead of "by accident".
Old 09-05-2013, 12:12
cbe21ok
Forum Member

I wasn't going to include this but I have too. The mrs coming into the bathroom (while i'm having a bath) and taking a dump. WTF is the need for that.
Please tell me you are joking!.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:15
Flufan
Forum Member

Except that isn't what he said.
Yeah, pretty much what I thought when I saw that post. Talk about twisting things!

For content: this strange, relatively recent use of the word "rammed" when people mean "crammed".

Maybe I've just never noticed it before or perhaps there IS an alternative meaning, but to my ear saying, "I got on the tube at Embankment and it was rammed!" just sounds wrong. People may well have been rammed in order to make them fit in, la pictures I've seen of the Tokyo subway system; but then the carriage would be said to be crammed.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:20
offtotheraces
Forum Member

- People getting in the way in supermarkets/shops, then acting like you are at fault

- Coins on the top/receipts on the bottom when cashiers serve you

- Outbreaks of snails and slugs

- People in the neighbourhood leaving their bins all over the place days after rubbish day. Someone has left their bin outside my gate, making me look lazy and untidy

- My bedroom turning into a suntrap every morning. It's like being in a greenhouse

- People playing music loudly outside or in their cars in sunny weather

- People who can't live without their mobiles/facebook/instagram/twitter to the point where they let it dominate outings and are rude but don't care
Old 09-05-2013, 13:25
offtotheraces
Forum Member

One more, and my number one pet peeve of all time:

- People who don't know how/don't care to behave in a cinema or theatre

It's felt great getting all this off my chest!
Old 09-05-2013, 13:28
malpasc
Forum Member

People who take photographs of their food and then upload it to social networks.

Seriously, I could not give a f**k what you are having for "your teas". Even worse, you make yourself look like a tosser by adding stupid filters to it to make it look like a 1970s Polaroid snap.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:29
StaceySky
Forum Member

People who take photographs of their food and then upload it to social networks.

Seriously, I could not give a f**k what you are having for "your teas". Even worse, you make yourself look like a tosser by adding stupid filters to it to make it look like a 1970s Polaroid snap.
This one made me laugh.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:40
jrmswfc
Forum Member

People who don't indicate, which is a pet hate of a lot of normal people.

But almost as infuriating as that was the stupid woman in a Fiat Panda who was in front of me yesterday, who actually indicated to go around bends in the road..
Old 09-05-2013, 13:53
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

this fashion some women have of wearing long flaired jeans which drag along the ground , can you imagine the crap they scrape up ! I see them on the bus and the bottoms of their jeans look disgusting .

still I suppose they're sweeping the streets .
Old 09-05-2013, 13:53
cantelpit
Forum Member

"Booyah" and "Boom!"
Irritating when when written, beyond irritating when spoken
Old 09-05-2013, 13:54
Cstar2229
Forum Member

I make it a point never to talk to people from other rooms and if I am called, I ignore them - they might be talking to someone else for all I know.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:55
Cstar2229
Forum Member

I like taking photos of well presented food for my own album.

Closed Thread