Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Beyoncé is pregnant with Baby #2!

Old 18-05-2013, 10:43
dee123
Forum Member

Since when does E! break news?
dee123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-05-2013, 11:01
Camino
Forum Member

Absolutely I have, that's my whole point. I hear this god-awful cliche wheeled out by the media ad nauseam and have yet to fathom what it actually means.

As far as I can decipher, it means a female celebrity who is frequently pictured doing seemingly 'normal' things with her offspring whilst wearing 'normal' clothes and cracking 'normal' facial expressions. See also Halle Berry, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Garner, etc.

In other words it could be used to encompass any celebrity parent bar Victoria Beckham. Or indeed, any parent at all who doesn't have a bevvy of nannies, hired help and designer togs at their disposal.

We have no idea whether, behind the cameras, a woman is a so-called 'earth mother' or not. I'm willing to bet that every celeb has at least one nanny and we don't have a CLUE which of these ladies has 'embraced motherhood wholeheartedly' or in fact struggled with PND, feelings of regret, etc etc.

That's why the phrase 'earth mother' is stoopid.

indeed
Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 11:16
lolly-licker
Forum Member

If she is, congratulations to them both. I kind of went along with the rumours with her first pregnancy, but having seen her in her documentary I don't believe them any longer.
As for being compared to a soldier - Beyonce has never claimed to be brave, but she is a strong woman and a role model. Pregnancy isn't an easy process (no, neither is war), and dancing as hard as she does on a world tour every ngiht will undoubtedly be difficult at times. There's no need to attack her when another FM said so!
I wish her all the luck for this second baby - it's her third pregnancy, and I don't blame her if she is taking her time to announce it.
lolly-licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 11:28
livingdeadgirl
Forum Member

Yes.

Compare her to those on the front line in Afghanistan; people undergoing gruelling treatment for life threatening illnesses and people trying to change social injustice in the 3rd world, and a spoilt, egotistical diva who will have every comfort thrown at her whilst earning $100,0000,0000000000000 per second for miming to a few records IS SO BRAVE.
This, she bores me stupid.
livingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:41
Sloopy
Forum Member

do ye know something I don't ?
Cue the next round of spurrilous rumours and conspiracy theories.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:48
Microkorg
Inactive Member

Vile pair
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 18:05
Viridiana
Forum Member

If she is, congratulations to them both. I kind of went along with the rumours with her first pregnancy, but having seen her in her documentary I don't believe them any longer.
As for being compared to a soldier - Beyonce has never claimed to be brave, but she is a strong woman and a role model
Role model for whom? I like my role models not to be known by shaking their bootie while dancing half naked and asking men to put a ring on it.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 18:11
fizzle90
Forum Member

Role model for whom? I like my role models not to be known by shaking their bootie while dancing half naked and asking men to put a ring on it.
Did you watch her documentary? The person she portrays on stage is a character - Sasha Fierce - (much like Keith Lemon etc) in reality she is a family girl with strong morals and a bloody good attitude towards life. She is certainly a role model in my eyes. I was always indifferent towards her until I watched her documentary.
fizzle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 22:23
NII 88
Forum Member

Well, she is laughing at the "low life people" talking about her alleged pregnancy:

"all I can do is sit back and laugh at these low life people who have nothing better to do than talk about me."
Taken from her instagram acc:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...13_634x634.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...high-gear.html
NII 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 22:27
Pandora 9
Inactive Member

I thought you had to wait at least 2 years between pregnancies if you had a c-section.
Pandora 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 22:40
kitty86
Forum Member

Well, she is laughing at the "low life people" talking about her alleged pregnancy:

I imagine that is more for the people who have been slating her song 'bow down' because it is offensive to women.

I suppose creating a story with no evidence at all is what that paper is about.
kitty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 00:50
da3bool
Forum Member

The picture was never uploaded on Beyonce's instagram. It's a fake. Usual lies from Daily Fail.

I thought you had to wait at least 2 years between pregnancies if you had a c-section.
c-section story was a rumour which was quickly dismissed.
Link
da3bool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 02:33
NII 88
Forum Member

The picture was never uploaded on Beyonce's instagram. It's a fake. Usual lies from Daily Fail.
Looks like TMZ attributed the quote to Beyonce's instagram before the DM:
http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/18/beyonce-pregnancy-rumors/
NII 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 18:38
sparkle22
Forum Member

there's a blind thead on a site called blind gossip about a celeb couple who used a surragate for their first baby.
and are now using another and the celebrity mother is also pregnant at the same time i'm not saying it's her for definite.
but whoever it is sounds interesting.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 19:39
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Did you watch her documentary? The person she portrays on stage is a character - Sasha Fierce - (much like Keith Lemon etc) in reality she is a family girl with strong morals and a bloody good attitude towards life. She is certainly a role model in my eyes. I was always indifferent towards her until I watched her documentary.

Possibly.

But it's a shame she's married to a man who routinely refers to women as 'bitches' and espouses hanging out with his ni***s. Meanwhile, she talks a lot of guff about 'independence' and 'empowerment'. & please don't tell me that he is playing a character....
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 20:06
duffsdad
Forum Member

Fair play to her for building an entire career round an arse (not her husband, although...)
duffsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 20:25
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

Can we ignore all the surrogate stuff for a minute and start making guesses at the baby's name?
I guess Purple Royale.

(Why I don't know)
Squealer_Mahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 00:47
Viridiana
Forum Member

Possibly.

But it's a shame she's married to a man who routinely refers to women as 'bitches' and espouses hanging out with his ni***s. Meanwhile, she talks a lot of guff about 'independence' and 'empowerment'. & please don't tell me that he is playing a character....
I couldn't have said it better myself.

And a character?! Please, she's been sprouting her idea of "empowerment" , while still presenting herself as a mysogynist rapper wet dream from the start. Who the hell wants to see kiddies on the playground dancing like her because she positioned herself as a role model?

A role model is someone like Rosa Parks, not some overpriveleged celebrity singing about being bootylicious. She did not contribute a thing to dispel stereotypes.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:34
musicfreak10
Forum Member

I couldn't have said it better myself.

And a character?! Please, she's been sprouting her idea of "empowerment" , while still presenting herself as a mysogynist rapper wet dream from the start. Who the hell wants to see kiddies on the playground dancing like her because she positioned herself as a role model?

A role model is someone like Rosa Parks, not some overpriveleged celebrity singing about being bootylicious. She did not contribute a thing to dispel stereotypes.
I like the fact you put that in your post. However it's sad that a lot of young people today wouldn't even know who that is
musicfreak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 12:00
poshnosh
Forum Member

Beyonce is pregnant with baby.

What else is she going to be pregant with???
poshnosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 13:04
Mrscee
Forum Member

whether is was a surrogate or not they will see the children have a good life with hopefully loving parents..well hope they do
Mrscee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 13:21
fizzle90
Forum Member

Beyonce is pregnant with baby.

What else is she going to be pregant with???
It's says 'baby number 2'.
fizzle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 13:56
MarleyB
Inactive Member

whats this one gonna be called pink meddow
MarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 14:54
Rose*~*
Forum Member

Nothing wrong with being a little schizo......
Rose*~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 14:57
Rose*~*
Forum Member

I like the fact you put that in your post. However it's sad that a lot of young people today wouldn't even know who that is
Yeah, so, she didn't want ppl. to tell her where to sit on a bus. I don't like ppl. telling me where to sit. So why does that make her some kind of hero?

Rose*~* is offline   Reply With Quote