Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Echostar HDS-600RS --- NEW FIRMWARE TODAY ---

Old 17-07-2012, 11:10
JeffT
Forum Member

9.99 for the android apps, phone or tablet.
JeffT is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2012, 02:22
jungleboy1
Forum Member

Hmm.... Has anyone tried the app on their iphone. I saw the which review on youtube and he is using it on his ipad in HQ mode, but for some reason i have purchased it and used it on my iphone for the HDS 600rs but it will only let me play in SQ. I posted on the sling forum and another person replied saying he had the same problem. I dont think i will buy it for the ipad but if anyone has bought it for ipad or android tablet, let me know if it works in HQ. I have a feeling ive wasted 10.50 for a SQ app which the sound quality is terrible!!

Anyone got it yet? It could be that im using a 3gs at the moment, i might need to try it on my iphone 4s later.

Ive even tried to stick it near my 100mb router, just to iron out that it could be because of a slow connection.
jungleboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 10:28
Gary Glimmer
Inactive Member

the only time i had a sound issue was when the box and my digital amp were set up differently to each other and i had no sound on the hd channels. i have zero issues with this box and it's in a different league to the goodmans one i took back to costco. Glad i didnt buy the old foxsat either. (waits for tedious rebuttal from fanboy graham)
Gary Glimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 20:36
ty webb

the only time i had a sound issue was when the box and my digital amp were set up differently to each other and i had no sound on the hd channels. i have zero issues with this box and it's in a different league to the goodmans one i took back to costco. Glad i didnt buy the old foxsat either. (waits for tedious rebuttal from fanboy graham)
Its a great box, any issues i had have been sorted promptly by Echostar. Excellent customer service
ty webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 08:00
JeffT
Forum Member

Having bought the android tablet app I have discovered it is not compatible with the HDS 600RS. Strangely thought Echostar tell me the phone app is compatible and works on android tablets.
JeffT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 23:32
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Has anyone else had any issues of their box locking up at all?
So far within a week mines locked up twice, the first while using BBCiPlayer and the second was while I was recording something and watching back a previous recording.
The picture froze with the sound continuing for a few seconds then nothing at all and the box was totally unresponsive.
Had to disconnect from mains on both ocassions to get it working again.
I'm sort of jumping to conclusions and now wondering why this box was so cheap in Maplin.
-GONZO- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 14:01
-GONZO-
Forum Member

I've just returned my 600RS to Maplin for refund as along with the lock ups the box randomly turned itself off while watching back a recording this morning.
I don't get a straight forward refund though as because it's got a hard drive they need to send it off to head office first to check it out so have to wait upto 14 days before I may see my refund appear in my account
I was slightly miffed when I returned it as the 'Special Offer Price' that ended on the 4th September is now the normal price they are selling for. Not too much of an issue as the price is the same, but at the time I bought it they make you think that this price is only for a limited time so you need to buy now before the price goes back up.
Old 09-09-2012, 15:51
Balb0wa
Forum Member

I think mine may be going back to Amazon , its missed way too many recordings lately, even with the latest firmware, most of time when two recordings are at the same time, and no clashes.
Balb0wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00
icstm
Forum Member

I mine has done a full lock up at least twice. REcordings get cut in two with some mins missing.
Given the amount of usage and double recordings during the summer of sport, it might not be a stress test, but for me at least it is above average.
icstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 11:49
-GONZO-
Forum Member

I've just received a marketing email from Echostar saying that ITV Player is now available.
Old 16-11-2012, 14:24
icstm
Forum Member

have u tried it yet?
will take a look
Old 19-11-2012, 09:53
icstm
Forum Member

quality is like iPlayer SD.
Main menu is much less descriptive, but playback menu a little better
Old 21-05-2013, 22:04
whiteswan
Forum Member

Bit confused ?

Am on latest software 123 but..............

I don't have any iplayer or itv player ?

Are they in the apps section ?

All I have in there is slingplayer.............

Dave
whiteswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 21:30
Wedjateye
Forum Member

Hi Dave, there aren't any apps. You'll find the players on channels 901 & 903.
Hope you're luckier than me though. After working very successfully for months they no longer connect on my Echostar box. Before you ask I am connected to fibre BB and all other services, including slingplayer work fine. David
Wedjateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 05:01
whiteswan
Forum Member

Thanks for the reply...........

Will try the players today and let you know if they work or not......

Dave
whiteswan is offline   Reply With Quote