Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 20-05-2013, 01:39
getzls
Forum Member

So Tarbuck has the Cilla Black false scouse charm on camera, but off camera anti social.
Of The Comedians, I went to see Frank Carson in Ayr 30 years ago and apart from being hilarious, he really was happy to sign autographs and talk to people.
Yes, met and talked to Frank in Blackpool the year before he died.

Gentleman and much missed. A real one-off.
getzls is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-05-2013, 02:20
pmw_hewitt
Forum Member

A relative of mine worked at the Dominion theatre when the hi-tech musical 'Time' was running there. He was hugely relieved when Cliff Richard left and David Cassidy took over, because Cassidy used to treat the backstage crew to drinks and meals on regular occasions. As you've probably guessed, the artist formerly known as Harry Webb did not to this.
Your relative must have been fortunate enough to see Freddie Mercury when he made a surprise appearance once, which sadly turned out to be his final live performance. Did they get to meet Freddie?
pmw_hewitt is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 21:02
Harr123
Forum Member

Matthew Corbett's a legend (or as he's known in his home-town of Lymm, Peter Corbett). I went to see him do a one man show down there entitled "25 years of my hand up Sooty's bum" in February, he's great and I got a mention on the local Warrington newspaper website for travelling a long way to see the show (now THAT's a better thing to be mentioned for and here's the evidence http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.u...ess/Page1.html). I take it no-one on here ever met Jimmy Savile, thank god I never did, The scarily catchy theme song to Jim'll Fix It is one of my earliest childhood memories, and to think of what was going on there just beggars all belief and watching the documentaries, you could tell what an appallingly sleazy, sordid piece of work he really was. I was chatting to Matthew and his wife that night, they knew everything that was going on, I hope the repulsive creature rots in hell
Harr123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 21:20
Rip the TV Eye
Forum Member

Matthew Corbett's a legend (or as he's known in his home-town of Lymm, Peter Corbett).
Now there's a blast from the past.
Rip the TV Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23
pothuthic
Forum Member

Met some of the hollyoaks cast at a charity football match today. All spent literally ages meeting people, posing for photos etc,all really lovely and friendly

Danny Mac (Dodger)
James Atherton (Will)
Nick Pickard (Tony)
Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren)
Tom Scurr (Barney)
Recently I've had a brilliant opportunity to speak to a lot of the HO cast due to work, and I swear to god Nick is one of the nicest people I've ever spoke to let alone celebrity, we had a job to do, but other than that he was asking me what the weather was like and he was just so down to earth
pothuthic is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:40
size_13
Forum Member

i havent met him first hand, but Ross Kemp comes in to our office quite alot due to him doing business with my boss. always seems a down to earth guy, and whenever they go out he's happy to do autographs / photos.

also the DJ Gareth emery comes in every now and again. same story, down to earth and approachable.

met "comedy" Dave Vitty at a folk face gig, and chatted to him for a while about the Chris Moyles show and general stuff. seemed a genuine nice guy.

i used to work in a club in Sheffield where alot of bands played during the mid 90s. met various brit pop bands, as well as all girl rock group L7, who surprisingly from their punky attitude were really nice and chatty to a lowly cloakroom attendant.
size_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:43
tothegrand
Forum Member

I often find all celebrities and well known actors are total #%%&*+-. Not that I have met many.
tothegrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:44
wilehelmas
Forum Member

i havent met him first hand, but Ross Kemp comes in to our office quite alot due to him doing business with my boss. always seems a down to earth guy, and whenever they go out he's happy to do autographs / photos.

also the DJ Gareth emery comes in every now and again. same story, down to earth and approachable.

met "comedy" Dave Vitty at a folk face gig, and chatted to him for a while about the Chris Moyles show and general stuff. seemed a genuine nice guy.

i used to work in a club in Sheffield where alot of bands played during the mid 90s. met various brit pop bands, as well as all girl rock group L7, who surprisingly from their punky attitude were really nice and chatty to a lowly cloakroom attendant.
My heroes.

Donita Sparks, what a legend.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 16:07
unclekevo
Forum Member

My sister's friend is over at uni in Manchester somewhere and she has a job in a bar not far from the Coronation Street set so about six months ago Kym Marsh (Michelle), Ryan Thomas (Jason) and Sol Heras (Ryan) were in the bar and she was serving them, apparently they were all very nice.
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:40
Glenn A
Forum Member

My friend Paul used to do a bit of stewarding at Maine Road when he was a student to make some money and remembers when Oasis played there in 1996- he wasn't at the gig- that Patsy Kensit was absolutely horrible to the stadium staff and pushed a cleaner out of her way.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:56
Glenn A
Forum Member

I saw Kenny Everett, one of my heroes, outside Capital Radio in 1986 and, for all he was a bit shy and nervous, was pleased when I told him he was a legend and how much I liked his shows. However, he said he was running a bit late and couldn't stop to chat, but I was glad he didn't let me down by telling me where to go.
Barring Mike Smith and George Galloway, who I saw from a distance and had no interest in meeting( he looked sleazy and unpleasant), every other famous person I've seen has been fine.
Old 01-06-2013, 19:38
Soupietwist
Forum Member

I found myself standing next to Zoe Ball at the great escape festival in Brighton 2 weeks ago, she was really friendly and bubbly.
Soupietwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:40
Any Ideas
Forum Member

This is an odd one, as I've not met him myself, but I'm intrigued...

Has anyone met Paul Merton?

He seems an odd character. I watch him on HIGNFY and he seems at times to be disinterested. There seems to be certain guests on the show that he likes (Brian Blessed, Reginald D Hunter) and others that he just switches off from. There's the famous clip of him telling Robert Kilroy Silk to "shut the f*** up" repeatedly.
Any Ideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53
size_13
Forum Member

was on a flight with eric cantona going back to manchester from france.
he seemed happy enough to sign autographs and pose for photos whilst waiting for his bags.

my step brother and 5 year old nephew met steve davis outside the crucible recently. they got talking and upon learning that he was a snooker player, my nephew asked him if he was any good (!). he laughed and said "well, i used to be!"
size_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59
dorydaryl
Forum Member

He seems an odd character. I watch him on HIGNFY and he seems at times to be disinterested. There seems to be certain guests on the show that he likes (Brian Blessed, Reginald D Hunter) and others that he just switches off from. There's the famous clip of him telling Robert Kilroy Silk to "shut the f*** up" repeatedly.
I wish I could remember who it was but I once read a commentary by a female columnist who was pretty hacked off with him. She was at some event with a friend who has a mobility-related disability. Paul Merton was at the same event and I think she and her friend had to negotiate a difficult stairway (the place can't have been very well adapted for disabled access). As he was the only one passing at the time, she asked if he could give a hand. Instead, he just mumbled 'sorry', brushed past them and went on his way.

Well, there could have been many reasons for that but the columnist was pretty hacked off with him, which is why she mentioned it in her column. It was some years ago. She had liked him and his comedy prior to that event. Thing is, we don't know his side of it.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03
Scarlett Berry
Forum Member

I wish I could remember who it was but I once read a commentary by a female columnist who was pretty hacked off with him. She was at some event with a friend who has a mobility-related disability. Paul Merton was at the same event and I think she and her friend had to negotiate a difficult stairway (the place can't have been very well adapted for disabled access). As he was the only one passing at the time, she asked if he could give a hand. Instead, he just mumbled 'sorry', brushed past them and went on his way.

Well, there could have been many reasons for that but the columnist was pretty hacked off with him, which is why she mentioned it in her column. It was some years ago. She had liked him and his comedy prior to that event. Thing is, we don't know his side of it.
Well with the greatest respect and I know there are always two sides to every story..if and I repeat IF he refused to assist he is even a bigger a*se that I imagined him to be.
Scarlett Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52
Westy2
Forum Member

Mind you, wouldnt you want to tell Kilroy STFU?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 17:08
Glenn A
Forum Member

I know he is widely despised now, but my grandparents met Hughie Green in Skegness when he was doing an Opportunity Knocks roadshow and said he was very friendly to the fans and was good with older people. I think for all Green was a womaniser, was a terrible father and an egotist, he always was fine with his fans.
Old 02-06-2013, 17:10
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

I know he is widely despised now, but my grandparents met Hughie Green in Skegness when he was doing an Opportunity Knocks roadshow and said he was very friendly to the fans and was good with older people. I think for all Green was a womaniser, was a terrible father and an egotist, he always was fine with his fans.
Long long before the internet my pet name for him was Spewie Green.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59
Sambda
Forum Member

When he looks blank like that, I really think he's just trying to think up jokes.
Sambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:11
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

When he looks blank like that, I really think he's just trying to think up jokes.
I've always thought that was kind of 'the part he plays' on HIGNFY. He has come across quite differently on other things (notably Room 101) in which he was much more smiley and jokey, and far less blunt. He seems to make a point of not smiling or laughing at what people say on HIGNFY unless it's Ian.
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:37
loveloveX
Inactive Member

Has anyone ever met hugh jackman or know of any Hugh jackman encounters, because I would die inside if I found out he wasn't as nice and warm and down to earth in real life.
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 16:09
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Has anyone ever met hugh jackman or know of any Hugh jackman encounters, because I would die inside if I found out he wasn't as nice and warm and down to earth in real life.
I don't think I've ever seen a bad word printed about him, seems to be a genuine good guy.
Eddie Badger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 20:18
HelenSnowflake
Forum Member

Not heard a bad word about Hugh, he's meant to be one of the nicest guys in showbiz. At the end of the shoot he often buys a lottery ticket for all the crew. An insider who worked on Les Mis said that apart from Hugh who was as always lovely the rest of the cast were terrible to work with.
HelenSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 20:46
BLUIE 2103
Forum Member

Not heard a bad word about Hugh, he's meant to be one of the nicest guys in showbiz. At the end of the shoot he often buys a lottery ticket for all the crew. An insider who worked on Les Mis said that apart from Hugh who was as always lovely the rest of the cast were terrible to work with.
Surely not Sam Barks and Eddie Redmayne?
BLUIE 2103 is offline   Reply With Quote