Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sandstrom Freesat+

Old 12-06-2013, 19:29
johnboy726
Forum Member

Hi Guys sorry for starting a new thread, but could you please help me, ?

Basically I have just bought my First FREESAT+ Box by a company called Sandstrom (Currys's Own Brand), since I have had this box, I have had terrible signal strength problems.

I live in a block of 6 flats 3 either side, and we share a dish either side. I,m positive it's not the dish, as I have previously owned a humax box, with very little prolems.

But since I,ve had this box (roughly 2 weeks), the signal stregnth just keeps dropping. this box has a twin tuner BTW. but only have one feed from the dish coming to the box.

Please help me on this. it's driving me mad
johnboy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-06-2013, 21:57
grahamlthompson
Forum Member

Looking at the box rear connections it's a rebadged Harvard based box (Bush etc) that does not have a good reputation.

Humax satellite tuners are very sensitive so may well work where others won't.
grahamlthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 13:22
zub
Forum Member

Hi, I would take it back and request a refund. Pick up a Humax or a Manhattan etc... box instead.
zub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 19:10
mjr
Forum Member

But since I,ve had this box (roughly 2 weeks), the signal stregnth just keeps dropping. this box has a twin tuner BTW. but only have one feed from the dish coming to the box.
Does the signal drop out entirely? If so, does the manual say the box can work OK with only one feed? Just wondering if it's appearing to drop the signal when it switches to the second tuner with nothing connected. The Humax boxes can work with only one feed, but I don't think that's too common amongst other brands.
mjr is offline   Reply With Quote