Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 05-06-2013, 20:57
loveloveX
Inactive Member

Not heard a bad word about Hugh, he's meant to be one of the nicest guys in showbiz. At the end of the shoot he often buys a lottery ticket for all the crew. An insider who worked on Les Mis said that apart from Hugh who was as always lovely the rest of the cast were terrible to work with.
No idea what a relief that is!! now I just have to find a way to become his best friend

Im surprised if Helena bonham carter was awful. The rest wouldn't surprise me.
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-06-2013, 22:13
soundcheck
Forum Member

Im surprised if Helena bonham carter was awful. The rest wouldn't surprise me.
I've heard it said that HBC can get very stressed out on set, and can be very snappy as a consequence. But the same person said that if this happens she always apologises after shooting has finished for the day and she starts to unwind. Don't know how accurate this is; my source worked on the last two HP films, but is a self-confessed HBCoholic and might be putting a good spin on a bad situation. On the other hand, there have been several interviews over the years with other actors, who have had nothing but praise for her...
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 00:47
Any Ideas
Forum Member

I've always thought that was kind of 'the part he plays' on HIGNFY. He has come across quite differently on other things (notably Room 101) in which he was much more smiley and jokey, and far less blunt. He seems to make a point of not smiling or laughing at what people say on HIGNFY unless it's Ian.
When he looks blank like that, I really think he's just trying to think up jokes.
Mind you, wouldnt you want to tell Kilroy STFU?
Thanks for your responses.

I listened to an interview with Paul Merton here and he comes across very well, and he even explains his often serious expression on HIGNFY.
Any Ideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 21:57
Clark2012
Forum Member

Met Ben Hardy, Rupert Everett and Tom Colley after The Judas Kiss in March and have to say that they were all lovely. Rupert was a true gentleman, who really seemed to like being able to talk to his fans. Tom was also lovely, seemed to love his fans.

Ben was really shy, and really cute, a great guy. Considering that Tom and Ben had spent a good part of the show nude[both VERY impressive lower parts!], it surprised me how shy Ben was. All three were great, and the show was great too!
Clark2012 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04
katmobile
Forum Member

This is an odd one, as I've not met him myself, but I'm intrigued...

Has anyone met Paul Merton?

He seems an odd character. I watch him on HIGNFY and he seems at times to be disinterested. There seems to be certain guests on the show that he likes (Brian Blessed, Reginald D Hunter) and others that he just switches off from. There's the famous clip of him telling Robert Kilroy Silk to "shut the f*** up" repeatedly.
A friend of mine works in the West End and apparently he smokes a lot of pot - his dressing room stank of it during a production he was on - I'm not sure if this is something my friend experienced or if he heard about it from work collegues.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 11:15
BurlyBeaR
Forum Member

This must be the only place I haven't regurgitated my Dale Winton experience so I don't see why you should miss out...

It' was when he was in Pets Win Prizes so must be 20 years or so. He turned up in a gay club in Sheffield with a couple of other blokes. It wasn't very busy and I copped him staring at me several times. At the end I was outside waiting for a taxi and he appeared beside me. (Dale Winton voice) "I've been looking at you all night and trying to pluck up courage to talk to you..." So we have a chat, and I asked him why he was doing in Sheffield. He something about having family living there. He was very pleasant but then again he was trying to get into my knicks so....
Anyway after 5 minutes his mates polled up in a convertible, he said (Dale Winton voice) "0h god I'd better go" and he was off.

He was head to foot in snow washed denim with those big banana coloured caterpillar suede boots. He was very orange .

And no, I wouldn't have....
BurlyBeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:56
wilehelmas
Forum Member

This must be the only place I haven't regurgitated my Dale Winton experience so I don't see why you should miss out...

It' was when he was in Pets Win Prizes so must be 20 years or so. He turned up in a gay club in Sheffield with a couple of other blokes. It wasn't very busy and I copped him staring at me several times. At the end I was outside waiting for a taxi and he appeared beside me. (Dale Winton voice) "I've been looking at you all night and trying to pluck up courage to talk to you..." So we have a chat, and I asked him why he was doing in Sheffield. He something about having family living there. He was very pleasant but then again he was trying to get into my knicks so....
Anyway after 5 minutes his mates polled up in a convertible, he said (Dale Winton voice) "0h god I'd better go" and he was off.

He was head to foot in snow washed denim with those big banana coloured caterpillar suede boots. He was very orange .

And no, I wouldn't have....
Oh but it's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

He might have been trying for some panty action but at least he was a gent in talking directly to you. That's rather nice.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 14:30
Shadow2009
Forum Member

I have huge respect for any celebrity who is nice to their fans. It sounds stupid but think about it. We might want to walk from our homes to the shops for 10 minutes and you might be a bit tired, stressed out and hope you don't bump into anyone you know and then you get irritated when you bump into a neighbour, but think about what it must be like to be famous. Every single day of your life no matter where you go or what you're doing or how you're feeling you're going to have a crowd of strangers flashing cameras in your face and demanding autographs and pictures taken with them. I mean, sure sometimes they'll be in a good mood and have no problem standing around outside for ages pleasing everyone, but if you've travelled for hours on the plane to another country and the minute you leave the airport you get hounded by tons of people?

I could never do it. The old "they should be grateful to us because without us buying their songs/movies then they wouldn't have a career" argument is completely unfair because we aren't forced to buy their products. You make the choice of purchasing their album and as a consequence of that the artist provides their fans with a tour and Meet and Greet opportunities. You do not pay for their album (or download it illegally) and then call Ed Sheeran an ignorant bastard because he's flew from America to the UK and didn't stop to sign autographs for 100 other people. You choose to buy his album with the reward being the album itself, not an invitation to stop him in public and bombard him with autograph or picture requests.

I just couldn't imagine it. I'm recovering from surgery just now and I need to go for walks to get my strength back. The thought of being famous and me being harassed by strangers while in this amount of pain and discomfort makes me feel a bit ill and makes me glad to be anonymous.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 14:38
BurlyBeaR
Forum Member

He might have been trying for some panty action but at least he was a gent in talking directly to you. That's rather nice.
I often think how differently things might have turned out.... I could have been quaffing champagne in Marbella with Cilla, Biggins and my long term partner Dale by now.
Old 18-06-2013, 14:47
BurlyBeaR
Forum Member

I could never do it. The old "they should be grateful to us because without us buying their songs/movies then they wouldn't have a career" argument is completely unfair because we aren't forced to buy their products..
I would agree with that point of view more if it wasn't for the extreme lengths many of these people go to to get famous and then to maintain that fame.
Anyone who is on the gravy train needs to have respect for the people who are putting them there.
Old 19-06-2013, 16:54
ameredith
Forum Member

I met Prince Charles and Camilla and they were really nice to talk to. I also met Princess Anne and she was very nice too.

The Chuckle Brothers were also lovely and so funny. I went to school with Paul's son and one day I was in my newsagents after school and they gave me their autographs.

Apparently Prince Andrew was really rude and arrogant to one of my cousins but one of my aunts met him and said he was lovely.
ameredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:51
mysty211
Forum Member

Lee Ryan is lovely . Met him on the way into the Big Reunion. He and Abz and Scott from 5ive were walking in to rehearsal. They all stopped for pictures. Only me and my friend went to Lee but he was nice. I didn't know what to say to him but he was nice.
mysty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 22:41
nick202
Forum Member

Lee Ryan is lovely . Met him on the way into the Big Reunion. He and Abz and Scott from 5ive were walking in to rehearsal. They all stopped for pictures. Only me and my friend went to Lee but he was nice. I didn't know what to say to him but he was nice.
Yeah, I've read a few people saying that Lee's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer (doesn't always think before he speaks!), but he's a really nice guy. I quite possibly *would*
nick202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 22:42
nick202
Forum Member

I often think how differently things might have turned out.... I could have been quaffing champagne in Marbella with Cilla, Biggins and my long term partner Dale by now.
There but for the grace of God, BurlyBear, there but for the grace...
nick202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 10:12
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I met Prince Charles and Camilla and they were really nice to talk to. I also met Princess Anne and she was very nice too.

The Chuckle Brothers were also lovely and so funny. I went to school with Paul's son and one day I was in my newsagents after school and they gave me their autographs.

Apparently Prince Andrew was really rude and arrogant to one of my cousins but one of my aunts met him and said he was lovely.
I believe the general consensus is Charles, Camilla and Anne are all really nice.

Never thought much of Andrew. There are plenty of reports of his rudeness around.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 11:59
SourCherry
Forum Member

I met Harry Styles a few weeks ago. He was pleasant enough. Had a quick chat and a photo. Not a fan by any stretch, but it was fun to wind up the 1D fans on Twitter
SourCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:01
gregsanison
Inactive Member

I believe the general consensus is Charles, Camilla and Anne are all really nice.

Never thought much of Andrew. There are plenty of reports of his rudeness around.
Charles and Camilla tormented Diana. Prince Andrews goes to American paedo's party groping a young girl, SICK SICK SICK
gregsanison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:38
soundcheck
Forum Member

Don't normally like to pass on second-hand information, but since the topic came up...

My mother met Princess Anne a few years ago. Mum worked as a volunteer at a children's hospice of which HRH was a patron, and she (Princess Anne) came to open a new wing which had been built thanks to a substantial bequest.

After the official opening, photographs and glad-handing, Princess Anne shooed off her minders, sat with a couple of very sick young children and read them a story, then went off to the staff room to have a mug of tea and a natter with the nurses and volunteers.

My parents are Royalists in the sense of "we don't like 'em, but we like the alternatives even less", but to this day she won't hear a bad word said about Princess Anne.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 13:14
abs2512
Forum Member

I met Matt Willis (ex Busted) last night, he was absolutely charming. He spent plenty of time with fans, chatting, signing stuff and having photos taken.
abs2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 13:29
Aftershow
Forum Member

Reginald D Hunter
As he was mentioned - really nice bloke, and genuinely very funny.
Aftershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 14:05
Lildeakin
Forum Member

Dale is a close cousin of one of my dads good friends and has always been a sweetheart. When he lost a tonne of weight a fair few years back, my dad and his friend had a fun evening there helping themselves to his old wardrobe.

My dad says he's a very nice man!
Lildeakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 11:04
katmobile
Forum Member

I have huge respect for any celebrity who is nice to their fans. It sounds stupid but think about it. We might want to walk from our homes to the shops for 10 minutes and you might be a bit tired, stressed out and hope you don't bump into anyone you know and then you get irritated when you bump into a neighbour, but think about what it must be like to be famous. Every single day of your life no matter where you go or what you're doing or how you're feeling you're going to have a crowd of strangers flashing cameras in your face and demanding autographs and pictures taken with them. I mean, sure sometimes they'll be in a good mood and have no problem standing around outside for ages pleasing everyone, but if you've travelled for hours on the plane to another country and the minute you leave the airport you get hounded by tons of people?

I could never do it. The old "they should be grateful to us because without us buying their songs/movies then they wouldn't have a career" argument is completely unfair because we aren't forced to buy their products. You make the choice of purchasing their album and as a consequence of that the artist provides their fans with a tour and Meet and Greet opportunities. You do not pay for their album (or download it illegally) and then call Ed Sheeran an ignorant bastard because he's flew from America to the UK and didn't stop to sign autographs for 100 other people. You choose to buy his album with the reward being the album itself, not an invitation to stop him in public and bombard him with autograph or picture requests.

I just couldn't imagine it. I'm recovering from surgery just now and I need to go for walks to get my strength back. The thought of being famous and me being harassed by strangers while in this amount of pain and discomfort makes me feel a bit ill and makes me glad to be anonymous.
I think a lot depends on the person too - for example I think some celebs are natural extraverts of enjoy meeting their fans and interacting with them whilst some are much more intraverted. John Simm in an Radio Times interview was honest about feeling harassed by being approached by Doctor Who fans in the supermarket although none of them were particularly unpleasant - a friend of mine ran into him and said he was perfectly nice but seemed to not want the attention and that fits with the picture I have of him who a nice but very private man.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 11:50
TTTango
Forum Member

Ant and Dec are staying up at Cameron House Hotel in Scotland. They both got very drunk last night and were extremely rude to staff and customers in the bar. I have family up there, and have only heard this second-hand. Its put me off them as I was a big fan.
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 15:26
mysty211
Forum Member

Yeah, I've read a few people saying that Lee's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer (doesn't always think before he speaks!), but he's a really nice guy. I quite possibly *would*
He's not that bad I think he has changed now over the years as he's reached 30 now. He's actually quite a deep sensitive guy if you read his tweets cares a lot about society.
mysty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 21:20
KittenParty
Forum Member

I see Cilla Blacks name popping up here a lot, someone finally called her on it in the Daily Mails comments. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...errifying.html
KittenParty is offline   Reply With Quote