Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebrity Privacy

Old 27-06-2013, 12:48
Just Vogue
Inactive Member

Depends entirely on the celebrity.

There are plenty of talented celebs who manage to have a private life and a successful career - Cate Blanchett, Johnny Depp are just 2 examples.

Then you have the Z listers who rely SOLELY on media attention to make money in the absence if any talent - Katie Price. She would shrivel up without media attention.
I agree, there is a difference. However it is unfortunate that the mass media don't seem to acknowledge this difference.
Just Vogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-06-2013, 12:59
Kat_12
Forum Member

I do think celebrities should have privacy. Just because they have job which means they are sometimes on television/in films etc, doesn't mean that every aspect of their lives should be laid out in public. Obviously, there's a lot of interest in them from fans etc. and if they choose to share certain things then that's up to them, but as someone said above there isn't a God-given right for the public to know every little thing.

The only thing that does bother me is the z-list celebrities who force us to endure every far end of a fart splashed all over OK! magazine/Daybreak/the Daily Mail but who when they do something stupid or embarrassing and are criticised/mocked over it they start crying about privacy.
Kat_12 is offline   Reply With Quote