Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor Wood - Marriage ???

Old 24-06-2013, 12:04
geekays
Forum Member

He really was, though to be fair the whole thing was terribly miscast, especially Keira Knightly. Still, it is my favourite novel so I'm bound to be picky. I think he is a semi decent actor but in that role just no.

I do think there is a massive double standard when it comes to older women/younger men. If it was the other way round no one would care. They seem to be a lovely and comitted couple so what is the issue?? There are far worse things in this world then two consenting adults being in a relationship
i thought the movie was fantastic..... i loved the movie
geekays is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-06-2013, 12:21
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I was so unbelievably shocked when i found out that this very handsome young man ( Aaron Johnson) 23 is married to a 46 year old woman( Sam Taylor Wood) and has two kids already. To make it even worse the step daughter is 16 years old, 7 years younger than him.. I know that they say age is just a number but OMD.. It is just creepy imo.. what are your thoughts people???.. and this woman is not even attractive.. i wonder what he saw in her.... Yuukkkk
After some years together, marriage and 2 children I think they are past caring about peoples' 'moral outrage'.

They are each other's choices, so your opinion, whilst being your opinion, counts for nada in their lives.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 12:56
bookaddict
Forum Member

she is ugly.. end off ...she looks like a horse
Good grief, how old are you?
bookaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 22:08
geekays
Forum Member

Good grief, how old are you?
old enough
Old 26-06-2013, 11:29
earthling13
Forum Member

Probably but a bit of maturity might help.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 19:53
Never Nude
Forum Member

i thought the movie was fantastic..... i loved the movie
Really? I thought it was pretty dire. I love the book, but I don't think the filmakers did at all. Firstly, Johnson and Knightly were horribly miscast, I don't think they are untalented actors, but they were not right for the parts at all.

Secondly, the themes of the book were misjudged, the book is a social commentary through and through but this made it seem a lovesick melodrama. In the novel sexual love and desire is quite secondary but this brought it to the forefront in a way, (to me anyway), rang completely false.

It looked pretty though, i will give them that
Never Nude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 13:53
geekays
Forum Member

Really? I thought it was pretty dire. I love the book, but I don't think the filmakers did at all. Firstly, Johnson and Knightly were horribly miscast, I don't think they are untalented actors, but they were not right for the parts at all.

Secondly, the themes of the book were misjudged, the book is a social commentary through and through but this made it seem a lovesick melodrama. In the novel sexual love and desire is quite secondary but this brought it to the forefront in a way, (to me anyway), rang completely false.

It looked pretty though, i will give them that
i have never read the book, maybe probably that's why i enjoyed the movie...