Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Poll: Were Alec Baldwin comments homophobic?

Old 30-06-2013, 13:13
attackmusic
Forum Member

Ignorant and ill advised? Yes. Homophobic? Not in my opinion.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-06-2013, 16:28
Glowbot
Inactive Member

Homophobic no not really, violent, aggressive, bullying yes - then again it's about a gossip "journalist" so he should be able to look after himself. A non story.
He works for the daily mail, so he's a scumbag in my eyes. I don't care one bit if he was offended.

But when you use homophobic insults however, it isn't directed at one individual, it's saying you think homosexuality is a bad thing in general.

For instance, the ass comment, he was suggesting he would enjoy his foot up it because he was gay. To me that seems like hate speech *shrugs*.

I'm not saying I am bothered, just that's why homophobia is more than just about an individual.
Glowbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 20:19
Julie_Evans
Inactive Member

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...HapefyQ7gLB65A

Baldwin may have gone over the top with his comments, but he had every right to be furious, I know I would have been.
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16
gregsanison
Inactive Member

It seems very homophobic to me. He is working in the wrong town(Hollywood) for his anti-gay rants.

Stupid ignorant man
gregsanison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40
lexi22
Inactive Member

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...HapefyQ7gLB65A

Baldwin may have gone over the top with his comments, but he had every right to be furious, I know I would have been.
Agree. He has anger issues, for sure, but in this instance, his anger was imo entirely justifiable. Plainly the Mail is as clueless and ignorant about twitter timestamps as it is about everything else.

Also agree with Glowbot though re his terminology. While it was specifically directed at the idiot DM 'journo', it does have broader homophobic implications. Words matter.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 15:19
lucho
Forum Member

Not homophobic at all. Queens need to chill.
lucho is offline   Reply With Quote