Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour | Channel 4 | 5pm

Old 27-06-2013, 20:38
unclekevo
Forum Member

Hi all

So as a huge fan of CT, I have to admit, I quite liked last night's show. I liked the tension that broke out between a couple of contestants (which was a bit reminiscent of Coach Trip) during the dress-making task.

I do agree that the program should be on for longer though, to give us a better picture of how stressed and annoyed the contestants who were downgraded to that dingy bunk were, and maybe show them kicking off (if they did!) Of course, that might happen in this evening's episode when we see the aftermath of the two contestants' night in the bunk (the morning after the night before!) and if they're in a bad mood over it (or not). I loved the look on Lois's face when she found out she was being downgraded to the bunk! She was horrified!!

I do however miss the voting aspect and the resulting arguments that made CT so unique, and really created tension among some contestants.

According to this article though:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-my-coach.html
Coach Trip is just being "rested", it hasn't been axed, and Brendan talks about the possibility of doing something special for the 10th anniversary of CT (which is fairly soon I think?), and his wish to have Catherine Tate and Victoria Wood on a future Celeb Coach Trip!
They should get 'Nan' on it - 'What a load of old sh*t :L
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:01
Cass_Vurtok
Forum Member

^ Love Catherine Tate's 'Nan' character! She's great.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really like Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour, and have been enjoying it throughout the week. If anything, I've enjoyed it more and more as the week's gone on.

I liked the mutual dislike between Lois and Matt, and how cheesed off Cherie (sp?) seemed to be during the week. Her face when she realised she had to stay in the tent with Ninette after losing the downgrade challenge was a picture. She could barely speak!

I can fully understand why people feel this doesn't quite have the same punch as CT with the lack of the voting-off at the end and all the tension this can create on CT. But I still (really) like it! Maybe that's just me.
Cass_Vurtok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 11:28
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

I've been away since Tuesday and missed most of this week's show!

Will try and catch up over the weekend - although, reading the reviews on here and on FB, I may not bother!
BirthdayGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 15:11
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I've been away since Tuesday and missed most of this week's show!

Will try and catch up over the weekend - although, reading the reviews on here and on FB, I may not bother!
How was Amsterdam?

I haven't watched any of this so far, ANOTHER death in the family, so have been a bit busy!
guernseysnail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 16:56
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

How was Amsterdam?

I haven't watched any of this so far, ANOTHER death in the family, so have been a bit busy!
Amsterdam was fab!

Sorry to hear your sad news
BirthdayGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 20:06
tuppencehapenny
Forum Member

Even my series record seemed to take agin it - two failed recordings! I wasn't keen on Monday's as I needed to know more about the contestants to care about what happened to them. The voiceover was too fast - she gabbled. Poor Brendan did his best, but I found it dull.
tuppencehapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 18:57
Shadowlands
Forum Member

Even my series record seemed to take agin it - two failed recordings! I wasn't keen on Monday's as I needed to know more about the contestants to care about what happened to them. The voiceover was too fast - she gabbled. Poor Brendan did his best, but I found it dull.
Going off topic a little, I got two failed recordings on it as well! Wednesday and Thursday. I just thought my box was dying..
Shadowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 23:01
SilvioDante
Inactive Member

Sadly Coach Trip has now been cancelled by ch4, this latest effort of a show by ch4 is its replacement, in my opinion its another good tv show/format ruined by ch4. Think 4 Rooms, as another example, Tamara anyone? Brendan's Love Boat will also air later this year or next, channel unspecified.
SilvioDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04
CrazyLoop
Forum Member

I caught up with Thursday's & Friday's episodes this weekend, really enjoyed their tour thing lol

Am watching Coach Trip, thank god for 4OD keeping old series <3

Should be sleeping though
CrazyLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 17:04
Flanny
Forum Member

Not as good as Coach Trip but I'm still enjoying it.
Flanny is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:30
hoppyuppy
Forum Member

Only just noticed this was on, bet they were peed off that "Pointless" had grabbed the title they wanted.
hoppyuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34
Richardcoulter
Forum Member

If they bring back CT they have to change the rules. The last series was a farce. The newbies never had a chance
I agree, they should have kept CT, but tweaked the rules as the old lot always voting off newbies was getting monotonous.

Only just noticed this was on, bet they were peed off that "Pointless" had grabbed the title they wanted.
LOL my thoughts exactly. It's as if they've taken CT and tried to pinch the task part of Big Brother to reward or punish the contestants...on a budget
Richardcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29
Forum Member

Does anyone know Sam's surname or the name he models under?
62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:46
broadshoulder
Forum Member

I dont mind this. The terror on their faces when they are downgraded is hilarious. Put them in a hotel where they are easily robbed i say
broadshoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:07
johnhugh
Forum Member

Sorry Brenden, I love you!, but you have been set up by the new head of C4 daytime. I've tried to watch a few episodes but it does not work. A combination of poor production values and putting you against Winbeldon.
Why in earth the head of C4 daytime thinks we need to cook against Jamie or Gordon, or need another quiz with Davina???? What is needed is a trip on the coach....
johnhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 21:25
joel turcotte
Forum Member

Sadly Coach Trip has now been cancelled by ch4.. .
Loved CT and never missed an episode.
Was really looking forward to this as I wrongly assumed it was CT format but visiting Mexico, Jamaica etc.
Have been away with work and came home to two weeks episodes, sad to say, its crap.
Whatever was Brendan thinking.
Seems most CT fans I know are similarly disappointed.
joel turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 21:25
nuttytigger
Forum Member

Is it in Cancun this week?
nuttytigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 22:20
Pakamack
Forum Member

Hello campers,old and new.I've been on holiday so only seen the first week of this,not too impressed. I didn't expect it to be like Coach Trip,but...it's just underwhelming,it's all about the tasks,there's no spark.I'll watch last week's and then decide whether or not to cancel my series link!
Pakamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 19:25
jacobyte
Forum Member

This programme is Pants! Boo! Get a grip CH4 & give us what we want.
jacobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 19:27
jacobyte
Forum Member

I'll give you a clue Pakamack. Every night 2 contestants stayed in budget accomodation & 2 stayed in a Luxury hotel with the crew that thought up the show.
jacobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:36
Saturn
Forum Member

I've stopped watching. What annoys me is that channel 4 will probably see the low ratings and think the public don't want this or Coach Trip back... Can't win.
Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 01:54
Pakamack
Forum Member

I'll give you a clue Pakamack. Every night 2 contestants stayed in budget accomodation & 2 stayed in a Luxury hotel with the crew that thought up the show.
Thanks,jacobyte, I had grasped that,even in my most senior moment,lol, I just find the whole thing boring. I would like to see more of the other contestants, and the places they were staying. Just my opinion,though.
Old 14-07-2013, 23:22
Pakamack
Forum Member

Hello again,I've caught up now,took a while,but I stuck with it! I thought the Cancun week was the best up to now,but I'm still struggling with it,to be honest. I don't like to compare it to Coach Trip,as it is a completely different programme,but I notice we still have the catch ups at the start, I would prefer to see more of the contestants as a whole group,more interaction. Hopefully,the powers that be at C4 will be aware of this,and the FB thread,and realise that CT was a better showcase of Brendan's talents,and bring it back out of hibernation. Funnily enough, I don't mind the presenter...but anyone is better than Dave Vitty!
Old 15-07-2013, 18:39
ROWLING2010
Forum Member

Nice shot of a boat during the start of part two with UFUK written on it.
ROWLING2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 17:19
David_Archer
Forum Member

I loved CT but hated this and gave up after week 1. Seems strange its over so soon or has it been pulled by CH4?
David_Archer is offline   Reply With Quote