Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Closed Thread
Old 17-07-2013, 18:54
PLM
Forum Member

Right after Doc tripped over Mrs. Avrill's cat Tom-Tom, Martin described the village as a petting zoo (dogs, cats, badgers) and he and Louisa agreed that they both hate cats. I always figured it was a little joke, a play on CC's surname.

Hey, Renee, your photo with all of the DM stuff is wonderful! How fun is that?

Caroline Catz has said that there is an irony about her professional name in that she is, in fact, allergic to cats. Her name was chosen on the spur of the moment in a phone booth after being told she could not register as an actress under her real name (Caplan) because another actress with the same name had already registered. There was a graffiti of a cat in the phone booth and so she chose Catz on the spot.

Incidentally, Season 3 of William and Mary is only available as a Region 2 DVD--but available at amazon.uk for about US$15 or $16 including $6 shipping. At the US amazon, it is $33. But, one needs a region two (more accurately all regions) DVD player which is about $50 from amazon.com. I agree that Mary became too shrewish as the series went on, but overall, I liked all three series.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-07-2013, 19:26
Biffpup
Forum Member

There's a series of photos up at FB now showing a Louisa scene being filmed in late March. Very interesting scene, with an explanation of what we're seeing with one of the photos.

Shop Girl, isn't that the Rix house in these photos? Or just similar?

Spoiler

Keep clicking next to see the whole scene.
Old 17-07-2013, 19:47
Biffpup
Forum Member

dmbesotted, maybe this will help.
Spoiler

And note that there are a LOT of new photos posted today, including quite a few of the scene in which...

Spoiler

And quite a few additional photos scattered here and there. Fun stuff.
Old 17-07-2013, 20:03
Biffpup
Forum Member

I am so mad!This so rude. Here we go again with those awful ads blocking part of our posts. It seems to clear up for a day or two, and then they are up to their old tricks.. The Universal Orlando and Transformers Resort people blocking on page 198 over post #4926. Do these people pay an advertising fee to Digital Spy for invading us like this! Who gets these ads on here in the first place. I am typing this with a cast over my right hand, by the way.
They were looking into this last week. I've noticed they've been especially bad today. Can you notify DS support of your info? forum@digitalspy.co.uk
Old 17-07-2013, 20:23
NewPark
Forum Member

Spoiler

And note that there are a LOT of new photos posted today, including quite a few of the scene in which...

Spoiler

My sense is that even with all these pictures, entertaining as they are, we still don't have any real idea of what is going on (with one notable exception). It looks to be a very diverse set of events; hopefully not focusing so much on the Martin-Louisa relationship --it gives me hope that they can come up with enough varied and interesting story lines to definitely nail down a Series 7.,
Old 17-07-2013, 20:30
robspace54
Forum Member

Egad! Major spoilers on Facebook! Avert your eyes at all cost! Your choice...
Old 17-07-2013, 20:34
dmbesotted
Forum Member

Spoiler

Spoiler

I finally found one of Caroline on one of the FB sites. This is really getting confusing trying to juggle multiple FB
Old 17-07-2013, 20:40
Biffpup
Forum Member

Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 20:41
Adelie Manchot
Forum Member

Good article, cc.
I noticed the words "repeat fee". I am guessing that means that every time the episode is shown again, each actor gets a bit of change in his/her pocket. For Doc Martin, shown in so many countries and repeated as it is on PBS stations, that seems like it could add up to a chunk of change!

But maybe I got it wrong. Adelie or someone in the biz, can you shed some professional light on the subject? By the way, how are you dear Adelie? Busy as ever?
Starting with yesterday I'm working 20 out of the next 21 days, then two days off then another 14 straight. Only god knows after that, the schedule isn't posted. I sleep, eat, work and occasionally poke in here to see what's up when I have a moment. The one good thing about it is that the catering has been lovely-excellent food. I occasionally clean the cat box. My cats are very unhappy. I wake up with cat toys in the bed. Trixie is trying to tell me that she wants me to play with them by dragging all the toys from around the house and putting them on the bed while I sleep. Some morning my bed jingles from all the bells. One morning I woke up with a bizzy ball stuck to my cheek.

You are correct...it's called by a variety of names-back end compensation, 'points', etc. The actor get a small percentage of the profit (either gross profit or net profit depending on the contract) that the production company makes off of all VOD, DVD/Download sales, broadcast fees, merchandise sales, etc. in lieu of a larger initial fee.

A case in point in how much money can be made...Remember Star Wars? Remember how rich it made all the actors in it, except one?

Mark Hamill did not want points, he wanted a larger fee upfront. He lost out on millions.
Old 17-07-2013, 20:41
Biffpup
Forum Member

Egad! Major spoilers on Facebook! Avert your eyes at all cost! Your choice...
It's true and I love it! But if you don't want spoilers, stay away from FB, especially today.
Old 17-07-2013, 21:06
SusieSagitarius
Forum Member

Starting with yesterday I'm working 20 out of the next 21 days, then two days off then another 14 straight. Only god knows after that, the schedule isn't posted. I sleep, eat, work and occasionally poke in here to see what's up when I have a moment. The one good thing about it is that the catering has been lovely-excellent food. I occasionally clean the cat box. My cats are very unhappy. I wake up with cat toys in the bed. Trixie is trying to tell me that she wants me to play with them by dragging all the toys from around the house and putting them on the bed while I sleep. Some morning my bed jingles from all the bells. One morning I woke up with a bizzy ball stuck to my cheek.

You are correct...it's called by a variety of names-back end compensation, 'points', etc. The actor get a small percentage of the profit (either gross profit or net profit depending on the contract) that the production company makes off of all VOD, DVD/Download sales, broadcast fees, merchandise sales, etc. in lieu of a larger initial fee.

A case in point in how much money can be made...Remember Star Wars? Remember how rich it made all the actors in it, except one?

Mark Hamill did not want points, he wanted a larger fee upfront. He lost out on millions.
OMG! That is an absolutely crazy schedule!! Take good care of yourself when you get the chance. I'd offer to come over and play with your cats, but just too far away!!! Give them a cuddle for me. Right now, shipped my own to my son while I have a person recuperating from knee replacement surgery in the house. Didn't want anyone tangling under feet.

So, I knew you'd know about the comp. Sounds like it depends then on what each actor has in their contract. Hope they all made the best decision when they signed!
Old 17-07-2013, 21:31
leannethemouse
Forum Member

WOW. I ALOT of spoilers about. My take on them below...

Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 21:31
ReneeBird
Forum Member

I just watched Series 3 Ep 5, The Holly Bears A Prickle, and I noticed Mick sitting on that low wall facing the ocean at Bert's restaurant. It makes me nervous. I'm always afraid someone is going to fall!
The docmartinonline store ought to sell Louisa's perfume, Kenso Flower.
Louisa's bed is kinda squeaky.

Here's a link to a website for Kenso Flower. Would you be surprised to find out it has a musky odor? Read some of the customer comments at the bottom: they're really funny!
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/K...-Kenzo-72.html

Last edited by ReneeBird : 17-07-2013 at 21:44. Reason: Add link
Old 17-07-2013, 22:24
cc.cookie
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 22:54
SusieSagitarius
Forum Member

Spoiler
If you read the comments, folks don't think it is CC. Had me fooled though, as I looked at Garry Owens' photos on FB.
Old 17-07-2013, 23:11
Mofromco
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 23:13
Biffpup
Forum Member

If you read the comments, folks don't think it is CC. Had me fooled though, as I looked at Garry Owens' photos on FB.
Spoiler

Last edited by Biffpup : 17-07-2013 at 23:14. Reason: Forgot to use the spoiler thing
Old 17-07-2013, 23:15
Biffpup
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 23:16
Biffpup
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 23:27
Biffpup
Forum Member

WOW. I ALOT of spoilers about. My take on them below...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 17-07-2013, 23:29
Biffpup
Forum Member

Here's a link to a website for Kenso Flower. Would you be surprised to find out it has a musky odor? Read some of the customer comments at the bottom: they're really funny!
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/K...-Kenzo-72.html
The comments about the perfume ARE funny! But I looked for a physician who might have described it as "urine-like, if you prefer" and didn't see that!
Old 18-07-2013, 00:20
Biffpup
Forum Member

Wow, now there are even more photos, and a little video.

Hey, Renee, the Doc has his potato!
Old 18-07-2013, 00:20
Mofromco
Forum Member

Spoiler
The comments about the perfume ARE funny! But I looked for a physician who might have described it as "urine-like, if you prefer" and didn't see that!
I read the comments too. I don't think I'll be trying it too soon. Any scent with all this controversy would not be for me...like Giorgio or Est้e Lauder pee yuu.
Old 18-07-2013, 01:06
SusieSagitarius
Forum Member

Spoiler
Yes, Biffpup, I was talking about the one the CC (not?) photos. Sorry, for the mix-up.
Old 18-07-2013, 01:45
ReneeBird
Forum Member

Wow, now there are even more photos, and a little video.

Hey, Renee, the Doc has his potato!
Haha! I can't quite remember, did I think he looked like he was holding a potato in one of his photos? (I can't see these pics on FB, because I don't have FB. But that's okay because I really don't want to know anymore about series 6 than I already know.

Closed Thread