Doc Martin (Part 16 — Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
cc.cookie wrote: »
So easy! Now you just have to get your settings right - I turn off notifications so I don't get a flood of emails telling me someone just posted on Facebook.

Continuation of: Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 16! :cool::cool::cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    I believe BP prefer local suppliers...there must be lots of home knitters in Cornwall waiting for their call to supply yellow sweaters...

Actually, in the last season of "Coast" they had a report about a knitting community in the Cornish village Polperro, a tradition tha goes back over a hundred years. Obviously, the fisherman's sweaters of Polperro were quite popular all around the UK.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member

Thank you cc.cookie for all your help--I joined this afternoon! It does seem a bit complicated though--and I didn't like having to give them any personal information. But now I'm on and looking forward to all the great photos--just love the one of the little family!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Conniej wrote: »

Fantastic shots!
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by Robspace54:
    "Maize and blue" can only mean one thing... You are a University of Michigan fan, alumnus, or both!!! Hail to the Victors!

Rob - whose wife and daughter are both U of M grads

And here I thought you were in the enemy camp since you are "camped" south of the border!

Mazzieblue is also a Wolverine, so there are at least four of us now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    And here I thought you were in the enemy camp since you are "camped" south of the border!

Mazzieblue is also a Wolverine, so there are at least four of us now.

Just because I live in Ohio does NOT mean I root for "those"
    guys. :) Nor did I go to "that place" in the state capital.

Rob

p.s. Sorry for the OT stuff, we now return you to your regular DM fan crazy stuff...
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another spoiler picture on my FB page.
    I've got a funny picture of MC and a lady playing an anesthesiologist. So, obviously DM is performing surgery again this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Conniej wrote: »
    Another spoiler picture on my FB page.
    I've got a funny picture of MC and a lady playing an anesthesiologist. So, obviously DM is performing surgery again this series.
    Good for him! Obviously they have dropped the haemophobia part a bit. In my opinion it's a good thing as it has been dealt with completely and now it's time to move on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Yes, it would be great and a twist if DM became a surgeon in Truro. They would have to have them still living in Port Wenn. But it might work. That would be an ending for the series if they cannot renew or a exciting way to start a new one. I am also wondering if there is a Christmas special as there seems to be a LOT of filming for the "final episode" .... enough for an episode shown at Christmas perhaps... Hence the the book coming out in November. They have one coming out in August - a month before DM airs, and one coming out in November... a month before Christmas.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you cc.cookie for all your help--I joined this afternoon! It does seem a bit complicated though--and I didn't like having to give them any personal information. But now I'm on and looking forward to all the great photos--just love the one of the little family!

You can tweak your privacy settings so that no one who isn't a "friend" sees anything. But I agree -- in general, I think it's spooky how much FB, Google, etc., "know" about us in this era of big data.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Just because I live in Ohio does NOT mean I root for "those"
    guys. :) Nor did I go to "that place" in the state capital.

Rob

p.s. Sorry for the OT stuff, we now return you to your regular DM fan crazy stuff...

Rob, not only alumnus, and fan, but long-time U of M employee, as is my husband still. Who also got degrees from U of M, as did our son. So we are pretty die-hard!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BodminDM wrote: »
    Actually, in the last season of "Coast" they had a report about a knitting community in the Cornish village Polperro, a tradition tha goes back over a hundred years. Obviously, the fisherman's sweaters of Polperro were quite popular all around the UK.

My late husband came from Blarney, Co. Cork, Ireland and the local women used to knit Aran sweaters for the gift shop - sometimes to special order, within the week ! They worked from memory - without patterns.

Maybe this might be what Sally Tishell is doing in Series Six...

:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can edit you information at any time. Just change all your personal info and make it up. There is no need to tell the truth. You can be as paranoid/careful as you like! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    As a data miner the genius of Facebook is that people voluntarily provide mostly-accurate information. It is enough data to have monetized the media network and created numerous jobs and many millionaires.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I completely agree. Edith was interested in Dr. Ellingham, Louisa is more interested in or at least intrigued by Martin. We all know that DM is more comfortable in his medical persona, so it would be easier to be with Edith than with Louisa, but the human being in DM cries out for be accepted for what it is, not what he does.
    That's why I also take Edith's efforts to help DM with his haemophobia with a bit of salt, as I can't help thinking she partly did it to make him interesting for her again."

This is from the closed section so I cannot formally quote it, but I just wanted to comment that picking on Edith this way isn't fair as LG has spent all her on/off years with DM doing the exact same thing--trying to make him acceptable to her on the emotional realm of things.

Both women are really going after DM in their own ways, but we root for LG as 1) we like her better and 2) her way is more emotional and healing both to her, DM, and them as a couple--they will both grow more in positive ways.
  • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe we saw the part of the scene after Penhale and Martin run up from the platt being filmed when we were there. Penhale was dressed in the same costume - he is dressed like a New York City cop. Martin is hollering at him to get in the police car and drive him somewhere. Penhale asks him where are we going and Martin says "To the airport". I think Martin runs down there because he has just crashed his car into a van. It's just a fender bender but his air bag goes off. He tries to get the driver of the van to give him the van, but the driver gives him a hard time. Martin says "I haven't got time for this" then runs down the hill - probably towards the platt.

I heard they were scheduled to film at the New Quay airport.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    I believe we saw the part of the scene after Penhale and Martin run up from the platt being filmed when we were there. Penhale was dressed in the same costume - he is dressed like a New York City cop. Martin is hollering at him to get in the police car and drive him somewhere. Penhale asks him where are we going and Martin says "To the airport". I think Martin runs down there because he has just crashed his car into a van. It's just a fender bender but his air bag goes off. He tries to get the driver of the van to give him the van, but the driver gives him a hard time. Martin says "I haven't got time for this" then runs down the hill - probably towards the platt.

I heard they were scheduled to film at the New Quay airport.
    I think "mommy dearest" was seen at the airport, too!
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    "I completely agree. Edith was interested in Dr. Ellingham, Louisa is more interested in or at least intrigued by Martin. We all know that DM is more comfortable in his medical persona, so it would be easier to be with Edith than with Louisa, but the human being in DM cries out for be accepted for what it is, not what he does.
    That's why I also take Edith's efforts to help DM with his haemophobia with a bit of salt, as I can't help thinking she partly did it to make him interesting for her again."

This is from the closed section so I cannot formally quote it, but I just wanted to comment that picking on Edith this way isn't fair as LG has spent all her on/off years with DM doing the exact same thing--trying to make him acceptable to her on the emotional realm of things.

Both women are really going after DM in their own ways, but we root for LG as 1) we like her better and 2) her way is more emotional and healing both to her, DM, and them as a couple--they will both grow more in positive ways.

Mona - I know from reading your past posts, you see the worth of Edith in this series. Hopefully, after viewing S6 and having more to work with, you can come up with a fan fiction story which we can enjoy sometime in the near future.
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Louisa is going to the airport? Why would he run like that for his Mum? Unless they REALLY improved their relationship. Perhaps Louisa was taking JH to visit her mum, or even HIS mum.

Btw thank you Dcdmfan for the information. It answered a few questions.

I found these..
    Found these!! Photos of filming at Newquay airport... Louisa is there with his mum! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607254152639113&set=a.607254119305783.1073741849.213554282009104&type=3&theater

Is Louisa going on the plane with Mummy?
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    Mona - I know from reading your past posts, you see the worth of Edith in this series. Hopefully, after viewing S6 and having more to work with, you can come up with a fan fiction story which we can enjoy sometime in the near future.

Maybe there's a story to be written from Edith's point of view filling in the gaps of her thinking ala S4. I don't think I've read a ff like that yet. But then I've only read 138 so far and I just discovered there's like 160 on fanfiction.net.

Go for it, Mona!
    Forum Member
    Found a blog by a couple who saw some filming, here is the link, but beware it contains spoilers...
    http://sethandvicki.wordpress.com/
    She saw DM knock on the chemist and asked MRS TISHELL to open up! So perhaps she IS back? What medicine does he need in such a hurry...hmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Maybe there's a story to be written from Edith's point of view filling in the gaps of her thinking ala S4. I don't think I've read a ff like that yet. But then I've only read 138 so far and I just discovered there's like 160 on fanfiction.net.

Go for it, Mona!

I read a Fan Fic about Edith that was good, but Mona could do the medical part better.
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I go away for week and there are spoilers galore!
    I found these..
    Found these!! Photos of filming at Newquay airport... Louisa is there with his mum! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607254152639113&set=a.607254119305783.1073741849.213554282009104&type=3&theater

Is Louisa going on the plane with Mummy?
    And LG has the sling on her arm at the airport. And appears to be wearing the outfit she has on in the pics with her, DM and JH in front of the surgery. Trying to add these up somehow.

Incidentally, the man LG pushes off the balcony is the same man that backs his truck into the police van after Penhale accuses him of being drunk. I wonder if they are just filling random scenes from every episode or people are posting things taken at various times during the summer. Hmm.

Oh...and to add to an earlier topic...GO BLUE!
This discussion has been closed.