Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cara Delevigne being promoted as the new Kate Moss

Old 18-07-2013, 01:03
Squatch
Forum Member

Is this irritating anyone else? They are really trying to make this girl "happen". I don't blame her for making the most of her opportunities and trying to make a name for herself, but she's being shoved in our faces constantly by her PR and marketing people and the media.

They are trying to portray her as the new Kate Moss.

Genuine similarities:

*Both traditionally too short for modelling
*Both English
*Both have a characterful appearance

Things about Kate Moss that they are trying to copy:

*The grungy style - Cara is trying to imitate this but she just ends up looking ill and grotty, rather than laid back and cool

*Hardcore partying - I don't think this is really the way Cara is, or she's just getting involved in the party life-style to gain attention and notoriety for her supposed hedonism (a trait celebrated in the fashion world)

*Drugs - a few weeks or months ago they tried to make a big thing out of Cara fumbling around in her bag and "accidentally" making a small packet of white powder fly out. I think this was contrived and they were trying to make her into Cocaine Cara. The funny thing was, no one gave a f*** and they didn't get the controversy they craved.

Other things that are annoying me:

*The fake showbiz friends - one minute she was making a big deal out of being friends with her "wifey", professional Rihanna imitator Rita Ora, then as soon as she became more famous she dumped Rita and started conspicuously hanging out with the real Rihanna.

*The gurning - yes love, you can cross your eyes, scowl and stretch your mouth like Wallace off Wallace and Gromit. How quirky!

*Always looking unhygienic - this ties in with the grungy thing. She just makes herself look dirty and not pretty. People will start to think she doesn't deserve to be a model if she keeps running around looking like that, thinking she's being cool.
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-07-2013, 01:09
whatever54
Forum Member

I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 01:32
SpaceToilets
Forum Member

I was surprised when I saw her in the 'Well Dunn With Jourdan Dunn' video - totally different to what I expected her to be. She seems like a top girl. With that said I'm still not getting the hype about her.
SpaceToilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 01:36
CitizenofPhobos
Inactive Member

..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.
CitizenofPhobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 01:50
MrMeatAndPotato
Forum Member

..Just another over-privileged 20 year old Girl in Britain doing what over-privileged Girls do, all bought and paid for by Daddy.
Correct.
MrMeatAndPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 02:34
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

I agree
PunksNotDead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 15:11
Viridiana
Forum Member

It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.
Viridiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 15:23
Like A Star
Forum Member

She's irritating the heck out of me, as is her sister Poppy. I find them very unattractive. I don't like the supermodel look anyway for the most part but I find Cara especially to be almost ugly. She just isn't my "type" at all. I do not get the media obsession with her or Poppy and it's already become incredibly tedious. It's like out of nowhere there was this huge push to make Cara Delevigne "happen" and they've been relentless ever since, with no sign of slowing down.

I'm finding her as annoying as I find Pippa Middleton, which is saying something.
Like A Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 16:06
paperplanes_
Forum Member

She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 16:53
haphash
Forum Member

It won't happen. Kate Moss's beauty when she was younger was one of a kind.She could be photographed from any angle doing anything and still look amazing.

Cara is very very pretty, but that's about it. To be the new Kate Moss she has to be memorable.
Totally agree - Kate was always memorable and stunning in her youth. She was effortlessly cool too.
haphash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 17:23
Hound of Love
Forum Member

Spot on!
Hound of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 17:38
twingle
Forum Member

How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money
twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 18:23
Microkorg
Forum Member

She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 18:35
Pink Knight
Forum Member

I find the constant press annoying and she's on holiday with Rhianna which tells me all I need to know.
She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 19:04
Kat_12
Forum Member

It annoys me how much they're pushing her though. Look! She's dating this quirky musician, Look! She's friends with celebrities! Look! She's eating a chip, she's like US guys, she's just like the ordinary peasants! Quirky! Fashionista! Loud! Kooky! Funny!
You have summed up my feelings about her exactly!

That whole 'wifey' thing with Rita Ora was awful, too. If they were an actual couple I wouldn't have batted an eyelid but that sort of "Ooh, look at us, we're calling each other wifey and sort of but not kissing each other, we might be lesbians, look at us, look at us!" vibe was just too much.
Kat_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 19:10
whatever54
Forum Member

She looks like the Grinch & has a teenage boys legs
I agree in the nicest possible way
Old 18-07-2013, 19:12
whatever54
Forum Member

She's upgraded from Rita Ora then. The 3 of them give the impression of being skanky and Lesbians.
Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something
Old 18-07-2013, 20:04
Squatch
Forum Member

She's just a girl with a slim body and a rich father. That's literally it. She's not ugly, she has nice eyes and she's a good height but I don't think she's a amazing as people make out, her hair looks lank and her eyebrows look ridiculous.

I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol)
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 20:08
Like A Star
Forum Member

How can you say that? She is working hard as a model not swanning around living off Daddy's money
Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.
Old 18-07-2013, 23:25
twingle
Forum Member

Daddy obviously has connections though. How else do you explain her overnight runaway success and the constant media hyping? You don't tend to get that friendly with the press so fast unless you have the right mates.
Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers
twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 23:31
PrincessTT
Forum Member

Yep Rita is peeved off about Cara making a fool of her on stage or something
Surely she's quite good at doing that herself without any help from her wifey...
PrincessTT is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 13:35
Like A Star
Forum Member

Not in the modelling world. The agency will be hyping her not the photographers
She dated Harry Styles right? Is there anything connected to 1D you won't defend to the death? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm just a bit bemused by it.
Old 21-07-2013, 01:57
whatever54
Forum Member

They are completely obsessed, 2 stories today and one was about a distant relative being a high class hooker or something. I can understand her getting press but they verge on the ridiculous.
Old 21-07-2013, 02:11
MrSuper
Forum Member

I'm sick of seeing this person in The Sun newspaper practically every day! She is just dull dull dull!
MrSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 11:35
paperplanes_
Forum Member

I liked her at first because I naturally have thick dark eyebrows and long blondish hair I even look like her a bit facially (but I'm not pretty lol)
I'm sure you are pretty!

I have dark eyebrows, although thinner than hers, and long hair also so it's nothing against the look (incase I sounded catty). I just think with long hair there's so many ways to style it and she always just leaves it hanging flaty.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote