Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Just how delusional are Richard and Adam?

Old 10-06-2013, 16:19
Sun Tzu.
Forum Member

Sometimes the acts who come off BGT or X Factor end up letting themselves down not because of what they do on stage but what they say off stage like this. They actually had the sympathy of many people and probably picked up many votes because of the egg throwing incident.

By saying this (although I can see the point about the performance being disrupted visually which they won't get back) they will just get the tag of being deluded and believing their own hype.
Sun Tzu. is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-06-2013, 16:30
ChrissieAO
Forum Member

Who's knows for certain whether they did actually said those exact words. Attraction were also supposed to have said that all the
fuss over the egg woman had taken the glory of the win away from them (or words to that effect).

As I said who knows whether either parties even said those things, papers do have a habit of twisting things ever so slightly...
ChrissieAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:01
Alrightmate
Forum Member

"She has destroyed our dream. She might regret it now and say sorry, but it's too late for us - we will never get that moment back. It's gone forever."

Reporting like this is showing them in a negative light. Someone is destroying their dream and it is not Miss Egg Thrower.
Well to be honest if these are genuine quotes I think that they may be slightly at fault for believing that going on BGT is the only chance one has of making a successful career for themselves.
It's a misguided way of thinking that BGT is what you have to do.
If somebody is good enough then they certainly shouldn't feel that they have to depend on BGT to give them their ONLY chance.

If you are naive enough to believe that going on BGT is the answer to all your dreams then maybe you have to take a reality check.

I'd really like to believe that this is a made up story because I'd much prefer to remember them has having great dignity and carrying on like troopers in the face of what happened on the night.
Alrightmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:08
Alrightmate
Forum Member

Still do not get how Egg woman ruined their act. I thought she enhanced it and gave it credit.
In a way she gave them an opportunity for them to display a high level of professionalism which they would never have got otherwise.
To whinge about it now takes the shine of that a little bit. If indeed those are actual quotes.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30
grimtales1
Forum Member

Coming third out of thousands of people is still very good - how is that "a dream destroyed"
Also they were good but BGT will now give them more exposure than they might otherwise have had.
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 14:05
Grumpy_Alan
Forum Member

In a way she gave them an opportunity for them to display a high level of professionalism which they would never have got otherwise.

True. Despite the unexpected interruption they carried on almost seamlessly, showing their professionalism. If anything she did them a favour.

Their real handicap was the grinning gurning grimacing grotesque grannie - she did them no favours at all.
Grumpy_Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 15:09
kleinzach
Forum Member

True. Despite the unexpected interruption they carried on almost seamlessly, showing their professionalism. If anything she did them a favour.

Their real handicap was the grinning gurning grimacing grotesque grannie - she did them no favours at all.
and the fact that before egg woman came on, their performance was considerably weaker than their original audition. They weren't together at all.
kleinzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 18:20
Alrightmate
Forum Member

3rd is also a very good placing.
Simon has supported acts who have placed lower on his shows before, and has even given less support to winners.
So I think it's a bit churlish to complain about coming in 3rd place.
Coming 1st is certainly no guarantee of future success any more than coming 3rd is.
Old 27-06-2013, 17:47
ChrissieAO
Forum Member

Not so delusional. They have just signed a record deal with Sony and are releasing their first album 'The Impossible Dream' at the end of July.

Good luck to them both...
Old 27-06-2013, 23:11
goonernatalie
Forum Member

I will be buying it
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 17:07
rattie
Forum Member

I thought their Impossible Dream was out of tune and sounded dreadful. Murdered the song.
rattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 18:24
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

It took you a month to get that off your chest?
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:32
goonernatalie
Forum Member

I got their album and it is super album
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:53
ChrissieAO
Forum Member

I got their album and it is super album
Me too...I do skip over Amazing Grace because I have a great dislike of that song, but the rest are great....Bring Him Home has had a hammering already!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31
Absolutely
Forum Member

They got to no 1 in the official album charts, well done to them.
Absolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 16:20
LemonadeMouth
Forum Member

They are also rumored to be releasing a Christmas album.
LemonadeMouth is offline   Reply With Quote