Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Results Show on Saturday or New Host?

Old 01-08-2013, 22:50
BRITLAND
Forum Member

I think the results show should be on Saturday since Brucie never goes them on Sundays & they go the final results on Saturday so why not just go for it? Either that or replace Bruce as a whole if hes not up for it maybe Graham Norton?
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-08-2013, 23:02
footygirl
Forum Member

I think the results show should be on Saturday since Brucie never goes them on Sundays & they go the final results on Saturday so why not just go for it? Either that or replace Bruce as a whole if hes not up for it maybe Graham Norton?
I think Claudia does the results show
footygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 00:55
BRITLAND
Forum Member

I think Claudia does the results show
..... I know that (facepalm), please answer the question
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11
cwickham
Forum Member

The results show is on Saturdays because otherwise it'll be on too late, it'll take up too much of Saturday night (when they've also got Pointless Celebrities, Merlin - or Atlantis now that that's replacing Merlin - and Casualty), it'll run into the X Factor and it'll get better ratings by moving the results show to Sunday. There's really no case at all for having the results show live outside of the final - the Beeb honestly aren't bothered about a few hundred people getting the result from the pre-recorded show live.
cwickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54
BRITLAND
Forum Member

The results show is on Saturdays because otherwise it'll be on too late, it'll take up too much of Saturday night (when they've also got Pointless Celebrities, Merlin - or Atlantis now that that's replacing Merlin - and Casualty), it'll run into the X Factor and it'll get better ratings by moving the results show to Sunday. There's really no case at all for having the results show live outside of the final - the Beeb honestly aren't bothered about a few hundred people getting the result from the pre-recorded show live.
Do they film it on a Saturday night? If o then why isn't Brucie there?
Old 02-08-2013, 13:27
olivej
Forum Member

Do they film it on a Saturday night? If o then why isn't Brucie there?
yes, the sunday results show is filmed on a saturday night after the live show airs

Bruce isnt there because he says the filming goes on too late for him and he goes home - Claudia steps in to assist Tess with the results show
olivej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:43
dondfan998

..... I know that (facepalm), please answer the question
dondfan998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:05
BRITLAND
Forum Member

yes, the sunday results show is filmed on a saturday night after the live show airs

Bruce isnt there because he says the filming goes on too late for him and he goes home - Claudia steps in to assist Tess with the results show
what a wuss, like one hour ahead of the main show can't be that hard, they really should get a guy to replace him, two woman just looks to odd, not being sexiest
Old 02-08-2013, 20:35
Pink Knight
Forum Member

Results on a Saturday. There's nothing else on freeview at that time. Anyone too old or too young to stop up can put their tap shoes down and let someone else announce it or be told the results in the morning.
Pink Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22
cwickham
Forum Member

Results on a Saturday. There's nothing else on freeview at that time. Anyone too old or too young to stop up can put their tap shoes down and let someone else announce it or be told the results in the morning.
Allow me to reiterate.
cwickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 17:09
jake lyle
Forum Member

Fantastic post. Pretty much sums up why it isn't coming back.
jake lyle is offline   Reply With Quote