[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    So a "top psychoanalyst" then. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    realscaperealscape Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dictamus wrote:
    Anybody got any links to this Kate Marlow? What are her qualifications?

She's a psychoanalysts based in Manchester, she does some life coaching progs on TV for celbrities who are having difficulties. But her main job is working as consultant to stars on their performance nerves and group dynamics. If you google her name, you would prob find plenty of info, I think I spelled it correctly. She did a few documentaries last year called Celebs in Therapy that was aired on Discovery H&H.

She does tell it straight, and people think she's harsh, but she's the top of her field in show business for psychoanalytic consultancy because she gets it spot on.
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    She's a failed actress who has gone into life coaching. Her show on C4 was pulled after a series because she came across so badly on screen (rubbing people up the wrong way, analysing situations badly etc). SHE was the one that needed a life coach, not the poor buggers who she was supposed to 'advise'.

Omg - I remember that. :eek:

She came across as someone who took great pleasure in humiliating people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a failed actress who has gone into life coaching. Her show on C4 was pulled after a series because she came across so badly on screen (rubbing people up the wrong way, analysing situations badly etc). SHE was the one that needed a life coach, not the poor buggers who she was supposed to 'advise'.

Her show didn't get pulled. There was one where she was consulting with a football team. She realised the manager was the real problem but he refused to work with her and the rest of the team so they came to an impasse. All the other programmes were very successful. She did do stage work which is why she concentrates on stage performers and celebrities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just found a link to her and I already know her. She's another psycho like Barrymore who anybody would be totally crazy to take advice from.

I remember the first time she was on TV, she was given a group of non-actors to train. She spent the first week ripping their characters to shreds and trying to break them down. What that had to do with acting wasn't clear as in the second week they were all just as crap at it as when they started. If she'd actually bothered to teach them acting skills and techniques they might have improved.

Seems like Jodie has very good judgement about whose advice she listens to.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edna wrote:
    Veri wrote:
    You shouldn't assume that those taking Jodie's side are "obsessing" or haven't actually thought about what she's done. We have thought; we're just reaching different conclusions.
    Yes, but I'm reading posts from people and they almost seem to be deliberately closing their minds to what really happened. There's no way in their minds that Jodie did anything wrong at all.
    My impression of the people supporting Jodie is quite different. I'd say they do accept that Jodie did things wrong; but they don't think the focus should be on that when what the others did was so much worse and when the other HMs' actions often influenced her behaviour.

We saw the same sort of thing during BB6. People said Science's supporters (for example) thought he could do no wrong, when that isn't what they (or at least most of the prominent ones) thought.
    On the other hand I think some of the housemates could have handled the situation a bit better - the whole intervention thing about Chantell shouldn't have happened.

I don't wish to see Jodie crucified but to claim she was bullied is way over the top.
    That's fair enough. Different people can legitimately have quite different ideas of what constitutes bullying for a start.

However, the arguments about the word can often be "unpacked". Often when people say she wasn't bullied, it's a way of saying that what was done to her wasn't very bad, that she and her supporters are blowing it up out of proportion, and so on -- for example. Saying she was bullied can be a way to say the opposite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dictamus wrote:
    So a "top psychoanalyst" then. :rolleyes:

Yes. She is.
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    realscape wrote:
    She's a psychoanalysts based in Manchester, she does some life coaching progs on TV for celbrities who are having difficulties. But her main job is working as consultant to stars on their performance nerves and group dynamics. If you google her name, you would prob find plenty of info, I think I spelled it correctly. She did a few documentaries last year called Celebs in Therapy that was aired on Discovery H&H.

She does tell it straight, and people think she's harsh, but she's the top of her field in show business for psychoanalytic consultancy because she gets it spot on.

Oh come off it, realscape - she's got a programme on Discovery for goodnesssake. Who says she's a top psychoanalyst - her press officer? Kate Marlow came across incredibly badly on her C4 show and has never been back again - she was controlling, emotionless and seemingly incapable of reading situations as presented to her. I'm sorry, but I also doubt if she is a trained Psychoanalyst - if she is, then that doesn't say a lot for the state of psychoanalysis in the UK! Gillian McKeith's got more qualifications than her!
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member

I cand't find any qualifications other than she was an actress and theatre director at this link:

http://www.talkbackthames.tv/site_includes/Text.asp?partID=104
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dictamus wrote:
    Seems like Jodie has very good judgement about whose advice she listens to.

If you see the show, you will clearly see that Jodie ASKED Kate to work with her because she was having problems. If anything, it looked like KM didn't want to work with Jodie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    realscape wrote:
    Yes. She is.

No she's not. Even the channel 4 website lists her as a life coach.

If you can find any link to her qualifications I'd love to see them.
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    realscape wrote:
    Her show didn't get pulled. There was one where she was consulting with a football team. She realised the manager was the real problem but he refused to work with her and the rest of the team so they came to an impasse. All the other programmes were very successful. She did do stage work which is why she concentrates on stage performers and celebrities.

No they weren't - she got on everyone's tits and alienated people. I remember the series well, because it was an atrocity exhibition - she was the most fascinating thing about it, because for a 'life coach' she seemed extremely bizarre. If it had been a success it would have been recommisioned and SHE would have been in the CBB house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realscape wrote:
    I have posted this already but last year Jodie did Celebrities in Therapy with Kate Marlow who is a top psychoanalyst and performance coach to the stars. You could tell KM was really frustrated working with Jodie, that she wasn't listening. KM was clearly trying to illustrate to Jodie the conflict in her own thinking and that she was actually making a victim of herself. She spent several days working with her on this.

Also, during the documentary, Jodie proudly announced that she terrorises her brothers girlfriends and makes them scared of her - a real bully. She came across as totally mental and really schizophrenic in her thinking and as a professional victim. If that docu gets showed mainstream I think people would change their opinion of how they veiw Jodie, because it really illustrated to me what she was doing in the house. KM is head of her field, she takes no prisoners and it was clear what she was trying to point out to Jodie (who, obviously wasn't listening). If its good enough for KM then its good enough for me. Jodie IS a prof victim, the reasons for this did not come through in the one hour shows.She's a psychoanalysts based in Manchester, she does some life coaching progs on TV for celbrities who are having difficulties. But her main job is working as consultant to stars on their performance nerves and group dynamics. If you google her name, you would prob find plenty of info, I think I spelled it correctly. She did a few documentaries last year called Celebs in Therapy that was aired on Discovery H&H.

Psychoanalysis is not indicated for people who suffer from schizophrenia.

Jodi March does not exhibit signs or symptoms of this serious illness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come off it, realscape - she's got a programme on Discovery for goodnesssake. Who says she's a top psychoanalyst - her press officer? Kate Marlow came across incredibly badly on her C4 show and has never been back again - she was controlling, emotionless and seemingly incapable of reading situations as presented to her. I'm sorry, but I also doubt if she is a trained Psychoanalyst - if she is, then that doesn't say a lot for the state of psychoanalysis in the UK! Gillian McKeith's got more qualifications than her!

Well, unfortunately, I've been in psychoanalysis and they're ALL like that. So unfortunately, that would seem to be an argument FOR her credibility rather than against. However, all I know is they say she's a psychoanalysts and she's attached to all the big stage shows and lots of TV series etc. I couldn't validate that personally.

Anyway the point is that she did this show where Jodie banged on and on about how people called her a slag in the street and KM gave her lots of tools to deal with it, which Jodie promptly ignored IMO.
  • Options
    T--JT--J Posts: 19,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bullying is being called names for no reason and being beaten up. That happened when I was at school.

Trust me, this wasn't bullying.
    Bullying can take many forms and Jodie was bullied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elle wrote:
    Psychoanalysis is not indicated for people who suffer from schizophrenia.

Jodi March did not exhibit signs or symptoms of this serious illness.

Your comment doesn't make sense? Does it?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dictamus wrote:
    I've had a few unpleasant confrontations in my time but I've never had one person calling me wicked another saying he hates me and thinks I'm evil and manipulative whilst the surrounding group of people join in the attacks (granted at not quite such a vindictive level). How is a person supposed to deal with that with grace?

I remember walking out of a job once and my soon to be former employer told me to my face that I was 'the most evil person he'd ever met'.

I just smiled back and said that from the likes of him I'd consider that statement a reference. That's how you handle it with grace and still get a dig in at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schizophrenia is a classified mental illness usually diagnosed by qualified psychiatrists.

There are treatments for this illness. Psychoanalysis is not one.
  • Options
    T--JT--J Posts: 19,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I truly dislike the way she acts and what she represents about british celebrity culture.
    Me too but I wouldn't be justified in bullying her or confronting her about it. If I offered her advice for her own good and she chose not to take it, I would make it clear that it was her right but not to ask me for advice again. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to browbeat her into taking it or making her feel like an outcast for chosing not to take my advice.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did I mention how many times George confronted her?

Barrymore and Pete confronted her on many many many occasions.

They are bullies and should be evicted immediately.

Unless of course you support bullying????!!!!

Some people,(not necessarily yourself) say that Jodie was bullied constantly by Barrymore, Pete, and George.

George only confronted her the once, and has also on another occasion been very nice to her.

The perception of some tends to directly associate George in the apparent 'constant' bullying.

Like I say, this is not necessarily your own perception.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote:
    Jenni I dont know if you realise this, but Chantelle is a topless model who has previously done fake lesbian photos shoots....she's a lovely girl..but nothing like a child :eek:

I've been thinking about all this and I think think a lot of the issues are becoming confused..so I have asked myself a series of questions..and have realised the bottom line for me is this

Do I think Jodie behaved badly? Yes

Do I think Barrymore & Co behaved badly? yes

Do I think Jodies behaviour in any way justified the behavior of Barrymore & co? no...not in a million years

{PS. I hope you feel better soon :) )

A child isn't always defined by its age
    ;) Trust me I knew Chantelle was no innocent..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well regardless of who or what KM is. Jodie spent copious amounts of time complaining about the very same things that the has complained about in BB - so it seems it must be something to do with HER rather than spontaneous bullying everywhere she goes. I think it would be helpful to see the documentary because it was very different than Marlowes confrontational group stuff. In these ones she doesn individual celebrities and spends a week with them - she also did Sophie Anderton and others. It was interesting.
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has led people to believe that Jodie would have turned her media image around had she not been "bullied" in the house and had stayed in longer :confused:

As far as I'm concerned, she had more than enough time to do so in the 8 days she was in there. Nobody "bullied" her to press her breasts against Maggot's face OR say to Dennis "I would sleep with you but I wouldn't go out with you" OR spread her legs while lying on the breakfast table and allowed Dennis to stand between them, amongst other things :(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheila_p wrote:
    I base my opinion on her not listening on the fact that whenever I've seen her in discussion with Michael Barrymore or George Gallaway she's quite often been speaking before they have finished.
    Do you not notice how often they do that to her? It happens in many of the same discussions.
    She was *hearing* words but not all of them and she was answering before she had time to analyse them.
    Much of the time, at least, she correctly pedicted where they were going and simply didn't wait for them to finish. That may be rude, but it does not show she didn't understand what they were saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Edna wrote:
    I remember walking out of job once and my soon to be former employer told me to my face that I was 'the most evil person he'd ever met'.

I just smiled back and said that from the likes of him I'd consider that statement a reference. That's how you handle it with grace and still get a dig in at the same time.

Well you lost your job so that isn't so great. A lot of people put up with bullying at work because they can't afford to lose their livelihood. What then?

Jodie said she didn't walk out because she would be breaking her contract. Why should she or you have to have been the ones to leave? Neither of you had done anything wrong.