Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Iron Man 3

Old 06-05-2013, 18:18
CJClarke
Forum Member

I'm sure the other Marvel films the post credit scene happens after the acting credits have finished and not right at the end of the film
The post credits scene always happens at the very end of the credits for all of the other Marvel films, the only exception was The Avengers which featured two additional scenes, one after the main cast credits, and then another right at the very end.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-05-2013, 18:18
deano0501
Forum Member

Can someone describe what happened in the post credits clip?
Spoiler

EDIT: reply added a bit too late
deano0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 18:36
Tribute
Forum Member

I quite like the line where he says something along the lines of him not having the right temperament to be a shrink.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 18:59
Deserana 12
Forum Member

Just got back and whilst it was enjoyable it was (and this may sound stupid) very silly. I mean I know the last two had its moments of silliness, and that is obviously fine in a film like this, however this one really took an extra leap with it.

Spoiler

And the final issue I have was the friggin suits!!!! Jeezus it felt like no matter what a suit was there. And it could attach no matter what and now he doesn't even have to be in the goddamn things. It's now remote control. He can make them attach to anyone and blow up on command and just walk in to them. There was no danger as you just a new a bloody suit would be somewhere near to save the day.

I dunno there was just something not right, like they just plucked concepts from thin air at times.

Little better than 2 but miles behind 1 for me. I'll be surprised if Man of Steel isn't better.

It did feel though like they were trying to make something new and develop the story rather than just a cash in for a lead up to Avengers 2.
Deserana 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:19
koantemplation
Forum Member

Am I missing something?

Wasn't The Mandarin supposed to be the big baddie in this movie?

He was hardly used, so I suppose he is being set up for another film?
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:23
JaiJai
Forum Member

ERM.. Wasn't it revealed at the end who the Mandarin was?
JaiJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 13:24
GARETH197901
Forum Member

Am I missing something?

Wasn't The Mandarin supposed to be the big baddie in this movie?

He was hardly used, so I suppose he is being set up for another film?
You were missing something

Spoiler
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 15:26
koantemplation
Forum Member

You were missing something

Spoiler
I don't mean in the film, I mean in the promotion of the film.

Where were the rings that were mentioned?
Old 15-08-2013, 15:31
koantemplation
Forum Member

ERM.. Wasn't it revealed at the end who the Mandarin was?
Just because Guy Pierce's character said he was The Mandarin, doesn't mean he was him.

Isn't one of the Mandarin's powers that he can influence other people?
Old 16-08-2013, 17:20
i like wotsits
Forum Member

Just got back and whilst it was enjoyable it was (and this may sound stupid) very silly. I mean I know the last two had its moments of silliness, and that is obviously fine in a film like this, however this one really took an extra leap with it.

Spoiler

And the final issue I have was the friggin suits!!!! Jeezus it felt like no matter what a suit was there. And it could attach no matter what and now he doesn't even have to be in the goddamn things. It's now remote control. He can make them attach to anyone and blow up on command and just walk in to them. There was no danger as you just a new a bloody suit would be somewhere near to save the day.

I dunno there was just something not right, like they just plucked concepts from thin air at times.

Little better than 2 but miles behind 1 for me. I'll be surprised if Man of Steel isn't better.

It did feel though like they were trying to make something new and develop the story rather than just a cash in for a lead up to Avengers 2.
I agree with this view so much I actually signed up to comment on this thread.

I only saw the film on Wednesday but I wasn't overly impressed with it. After watching it I ventured onto imdb expecting people to have pointed out flaws and general annoyances about it but instead all I saw was people claiming others were idiots if they didn't think it was the best film ever made. Granted it had a few funny moments (and not laugh out louad moments, just chuckling 'huh' moments) but it was nothing special.

As Deserana says, the Mandarin had the makings of a great villain, and the suits annoyed the hell out of me. Why on earth when he and Pepper and the other one was getting shot at in his house did he not bother just bringing them up and destroying the helicopters? Given it was being shown on tv, any terrorists seeing that would have gone to toilet right then and there! Why did he feel the need to wait so long to have them show up.. as soon as it was clear Jarvis was on the way out I'd have sent for them. And anyone who says they were blocked in by the rubble of the house for the latter of these points: they're iron man suits, surely they could have blasted through it.

Also, once again as Deserana said, once the suits were there at the end, it was just a bit blah... no matter what he was being caught - seeing him outsmart Guy Pearce like he did the woman in the dinner would have been a better idea for the climax. Also, as for the suits flying everywhere, the one time he genuinely needed it one couldn't have just picked up Pepper whilst she was moving across the site on the crane?
i like wotsits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 15:41
Steve AWOL
Forum Member

Honest Trailers - Iron Man 3 - YouTube
Steve AWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 17:54
Larry1971
Forum Member

Compared to the previous two films I felt disappointed by this one mainly because Iron Man was hardly in it.
Larry1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 19:39
fhs man 2
Forum Member

Got it on Blu-Ray
fhs man 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 20:26
Pink Knight
Forum Member

Just finished watching, after buying it in Sainsbury's today.
I give it a solid 7/10 at least.
I won't go into spoilers, but there was nothing to be disappointed about. Trailer misleading, so what ?
Lack of Iron Man, no there wasn't really.
My only gripe if it can be one, it seemed a bit more smartarse camp and I had to suspend my rational thoughts more so.
Then again it is a Marvel comic book film.

All 3 films are fine, but the first is still the best.
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 17:08
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

The best part of this film is in the end credits, that speaks volumes about the film as a whole.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 17:50
fhs man 2
Forum Member

Hated Iron Man 1 & 2 but loved 3.
fhs man 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 17:58
Kal_El
Forum Member

Watched this over the weekend. Have to say I really bloody enjoyed it. Felt a lot tighter script-wise than the last one, and I enjoyed the wise-cracking a lot. First is probably still the best, but this was lots of fun. Both me and Missus_El thoroughly enjoyed it, and felt it a worthy blockbuster Marvel film.
Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 13:47
scatcatcathy
Forum Member

Didnt like 2 but loved the first one and this one.
scatcatcathy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 12:21
Paddy C
Forum Member

Watched this last night. I enjoyed it, but starting to get a little bored of the cocky and smarmy character of Tony Stark (or is it RDJ's acting?) and there were plenty of plot holes and stupid things happening to make it a solid action movie. It was still better than Iron Man 2 though but nowhere near as good as the original.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote