Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 16-09-2013, 13:08
wilehelmas
Forum Member

^ I previously suggested Danny but he's recently got engaged to his long-term girlfriend.
Well the comment was Danny commenting on his bandmate.

They're all super touchy-feely with each other, seem like the nicest guys too and who couldn't love Danny. His laugh, my god, if only it could be bottled and sold. I'd have a house full of Danny laughing jars.

But anyways I digress...
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-09-2013, 14:44
Taccado
Forum Member

I keep thinking Cheryl Cole. I read a theory that when she was with Derek, they were covering for each other.
I truly hope you're right.
Taccado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 21:26
mintbro
Forum Member

If David Beckham has never played in the showers then I'm the queen
mintbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 12:47
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I don't think it's much of a stretch to be honest. Have no idea of her orientation but I'd be more amazed if any of her public relationships turned out not to be simply cold, hard A-B business arrangements.
Old 17-09-2013, 15:07
daisiesfan
Forum Member

Why? It's not like you're gonna get a look in.
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 17:49
Miriam_R
Forum Member

Now, I know most of the comments on this thread are just made in speculative fun. And as long as no one is saying their own opinion is fact, just because they believe it to be, then that's fine. There is no harm in abit of banter. However, sometimes I read a comment and can find it almost tragic that there is such a desperation of belief that someone is gay just because that poster wants the said celeb to be gay for their own personal affirmation of something. Sometimes I wonder if it's becasue we're still under-represented in the media and still facing politicall obstacles in everday life...(and I say we, because I am not straight) that some gay people feel this need to assign a label to someone just because there is this desperation to call someone 'our own' in order to say they're on 'our side' and add to this crap about 'teams' and who 'bats for who' in bid to lessen the majority and minority percentage regarding gay versus straights (while always completely forgetting those that fall somewhere in between as neither on continuing spectrum and won't commit itself to one side).

What is so silly is that just because peopel are snapped with each other all the time, or hugging each other all the time, or being playfuly touchy feely on a regulalr basis, or playfully kissing (which not just girls do but guys as well) that those moments of being tactile are then taken from what they might be (just a tactile affection for a dearly loved friend) to something that it might not be, at all. There can sometimes be this desperate notion that if someone straight has a gay friend that they hang out with alot, then that straight person must automatically be gay or be 'turning gay'. There stupidly still exisits this regimented idea (from sometimes uptight straights too and not just desperate gays) that it's impossible for a straight person, esp a guy, to spend time with a gay person without 'gayness' rubbing off on them, as of course straight people are the only ones that can't also be as secure in their sexuality when around gay people as gay people in reverse are when with lots of staright people and immoveable with their feelings.

I have straight male friends with lots of female friends and they are secure in their sexuality to laugh off this notion by insecue straights or desperate gays that just becasue they have more female friends and can connect better with them, that they're somehow gay and using a close female friend as a beard (which is an insult to them and the other person). I have gay female friends that have (what is deemed by some straight people and even gay men) a rare combination of being stunning, femmine and not feminist (plus with plenty of male friends) and they are constantly challenged on how gay they really are just becasue they have stereotypical traits and characteristics that are usually only percieved to be that of a straight woman. I have straight male friends that are abit camp, and some straight female friends that are abit masculine or tomboyish, but they're still straight, even if they're not the complete representation of what it is to be a man or woman and straight.

Playfully thinking a celeb is gay is one thing. But being adamant to the point of desperation that a person is going to eventually come out, either because you fancy them or just want ro recruit more numbers to these 'sexuality sides' is just silly. And it's more a reflection of self that desperation on oneself, rather than trying to be nice to a celeb by encouraging and coaxing them to come out (regardless of whether they are gay and don't need help, or straight and just accepted for who they are despite their so called debatable characteristics that sniff of 'gayness').
Miriam_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 19:18
attackmusic
Forum Member

Wonderful post. Couldn't agree more with every word you said
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 23:16
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

Not once have i ever suspected a guy is gay because he is touchy feely with his male friends
Nobby Burton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 02:14
dee123
Forum Member

Now, I know most of the comments on this thread are just made in speculative fun. And as long as no one is saying their own opinion is fact, just because they believe it to be, then that's fine. There is no harm in abit of banter. However, sometimes I read a comment and can find it almost tragic that there is such a desperation of belief that someone is gay just because that poster wants the said celeb to be gay for their own personal affirmation of something. Sometimes I wonder if it's becasue we're still under-represented in the media and still facing politicall obstacles in everday life...(and I say we, because I am not straight) that some gay people feel this need to assign a label to someone just because there is this desperation to call someone 'our own' in order to say they're on 'our side' and add to this crap about 'teams' and who 'bats for who' in bid to lessen the majority and minority percentage regarding gay versus straights (while always completely forgetting those that fall somewhere in between as neither on continuing spectrum and won't commit itself to one side).

What is so silly is that just because peopel are snapped with each other all the time, or hugging each other all the time, or being playfuly touchy feely on a regulalr basis, or playfully kissing (which not just girls do but guys as well) that those moments of being tactile are then taken from what they might be (just a tactile affection for a dearly loved friend) to something that it might not be, at all. There can sometimes be this desperate notion that if someone straight has a gay friend that they hang out with alot, then that straight person must automatically be gay or be 'turning gay'. There stupidly still exisits this regimented idea (from sometimes uptight straights too and not just desperate gays) that it's impossible for a straight person, esp a guy, to spend time with a gay person without 'gayness' rubbing off on them, as of course straight people are the only ones that can't also be as secure in their sexuality when around gay people as gay people in reverse are when with lots of staright people and immoveable with their feelings.

I have straight male friends with lots of female friends and they are secure in their sexuality to laugh off this notion by insecue straights or desperate gays that just becasue they have more female friends and can connect better with them, that they're somehow gay and using a close female friend as a beard (which is an insult to them and the other person). I have gay female friends that have (what is deemed by some straight people and even gay men) a rare combination of being stunning, femmine and not feminist (plus with plenty of male friends) and they are constantly challenged on how gay they really are just becasue they have stereotypical traits and characteristics that are usually only percieved to be that of a straight woman. I have straight male friends that are abit camp, and some straight female friends that are abit masculine or tomboyish, but they're still straight, even if they're not the complete representation of what it is to be a man or woman and straight.

Playfully thinking a celeb is gay is one thing. But being adamant to the point of desperation that a person is going to eventually come out, either because you fancy them or just want ro recruit more numbers to these 'sexuality sides' is just silly. And it's more a reflection of self that desperation on oneself, rather than trying to be nice to a celeb by encouraging and coaxing them to come out (regardless of whether they are gay and don't need help, or straight and just accepted for who they are despite their so called debatable characteristics that sniff of 'gayness').
Didn't read
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 11:29
attackmusic
Forum Member

Of course you didn't Why quote it then
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 11:48
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Each to their own but if it's so offensive for some, don't come here? The fact people end up here detracting proves they're curious, like everyone else. Unless someone is being nasty and homophobic, the thread is perfectly democratic. Just like a thread where people can comment on whether they find Kerry Katona popping out kids a talking point or not.

Yes, a lot of it is speculative, yes, some of us know a little more solid fact than others, and the salient point really is that if more people felt freer and the closet was not such BIG business (I can't say "trust me, it's big business" enough, because someone will always say, why should I trust you? But it is) then more people would be out, less time would be spent speculating and we'd see MUCH less of the world's biggest dogsbody of a publicist's ass-kissing press (the UK, where else?) forcing to keep people 'inned' (some may want to be 'in' - doesn't mean people won't see thru it! - hence, talking point) with daily does of blatant lies, much of which end up here getting (rightly) scoffed at.

So yes, the knock-on effect (I believe) would certainly be less speculation if more people in the public domain were allowed to be more honest and the media didn't act like an ar$ehole. I think it would reign in some actual baseless speculation to some/more degree.

Sometimes, speculation has turned out to be true. I don't always agree with gay gossip on those I know or feel to be baseless. And I'll say so. But quite often in this game where there's smoke, there's fire, and it's simply interesting to know peoples views.

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head to partake here if you find it annoying or insulting. Really.
Old 18-09-2013, 12:20
dee123
Forum Member

Each to their own but if it's so offensive for some, don't come here? The fact people end up here detracting proves they're curious, like everyone else. Unless someone is being nasty and homophobic, the thread is perfectly democratic. Just like a thread where people can comment on whether they find Kerry Katona popping out kids a talking point or not.

Yes, a lot of it is speculative, yes, some of us know a little more solid fact than others, and the salient point really is that if more people felt freer and the closet was not such BIG business (I can't say "trust me, it's big business" enough, because someone will always say, why should I trust you? But it is) then more people would be out, less time would be spent speculating and we'd see MUCH less of the world's biggest dogsbody of a publicist's ass-kissing press (the UK, where else?) forcing to keep people 'inned' (some may want to be 'in' - doesn't mean people won't see thru it! - hence, talking point) with daily does of blatant lies, much of which end up here getting (rightly) scoffed at.

So yes, the knock-on effect (I believe) would certainly be less speculation if more people in the public domain were allowed to be more honest and the media didn't act like an ar$ehole. I think it would reign in some actual baseless speculation to some/more degree.

Sometimes, speculation has turned out to be true. I don't always agree with gay gossip on those I know or feel to be baseless. And I'll say so. But quite often in this game where there's smoke, there's fire, and it's simply interesting to know peoples views.

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head to partake here if you find it annoying or insulting. Really.
Now this i did read. Thank you for taking the time to write quite eloquently how i feel. I really am quite sick of people hijacking the thread with their moaning.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 12:38
wilehelmas
Forum Member

No worries. Just one view among many, of course.
Old 18-09-2013, 16:08
biomorph04
Forum Member

Luke Evans is a despicable self loathing person and I hope his careers nose dives for what he's done - he deserves no less. If he wants a career in Hollywood then stay in the closet and don't comment on a personal life - its not ideal but at least it would not be hypocritical .

Indeed everyone knows he's gay..he's given interviews in which he said he's proud to be gay and said it was sad that gay actors can't come out

He's the one who shoved himself back in the closet - lets not start trying to blame natsy Hollywood agents etc ...
He can just say no.
Personal life

In a 2002 interview, Evans said, "Everybody knew me as a gay man, and in my life in London I never tried to hide it" and that by being open he would not have "that skeleton in the closet they can rattle out".[15] In 2004, he said his acting career had not suffered by being out.[16] In September 2010, a female PR executive said she was dating Evans: "Luke's lovely we're really old friends and it just sort of happened... We are nowhere near engaged but things are really good."[17]
biomorph04 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 23:23
dodrade
Forum Member

Shrien Dewani.
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 12:24
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Word.
Old 20-09-2013, 14:50
lovelife7292
Forum Member

Idris Elba???? Or is that just really wishful thinking?
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 15:47
Bathsheba
Forum Member

I doubt it. But I think another Wire actor, Michael K Williams might be (Omar).
Bathsheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 16:25
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

He was snapped by paparazzi leaving a gay club
Nobby Burton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 17:34
Alli-F
Forum Member

He was snapped by paparazzi leaving a gay club

He's a DJ though, so maybe he had a gig there?
Alli-F is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 17:41
JayPee86
Inactive Member

My friend keeps on insisting that her male cousin sucked off tom Daley last year but I don't believe a word of it, she's not a liar but her cousin is, and he's in the public eye as a young `straight`, so he would never go public.
Boo.
JayPee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 21:17
sparkle22
Forum Member

I know it's been mentioned before but Jessie J before she was outed by author chloe McGovern she was out and proud.
about being bi-sexual ever since she has gone quiet and in a recent marie Claire interview was told that she would not be talking about it also there's all these quotes I like men to flirt with me etc yes she could be bi but I don't believe it.
she seemed pretty carefree on alan carr when promoting who's laughing now and all of a sudden she's gone defensive.
which makes me think that the author is telling the truth.
whitney Houston was also gay/bi I believe have heard rumours bobby was also bisexual.
I definitely believe their marriage was an arrangement prior to that eddie murphy was apparently just arm candy.
My point is I still feel it's sad the way singers/actors are forced to stay in the closet of course for some it's their choice.
But you wouldn't believe we're in 2013 I also think dec/
Stephen mulhern are what you'd call ambigious in their sexuality bit like cliff & barry manalow.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 04:11
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

whitney Houston was also gay/bi
I've read something about that, probably on here though! There was a story in the tabloids last year which claimed she'd once had a fling with Michael Jackson. How very convenient for both of them!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 11:47
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

If David Beckham has never played in the showers then I'm the queen
Nah, ive never got that vibe off david.

My friend keeps on insisting that her male cousin sucked off tom Daley last year but I don't believe a word of it, she's not a liar but her cousin is, and he's in the public eye as a young `straight`, so he would never go public.
Boo.
Who?? Tell us in code or something.
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 13:31
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Boo.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Daley was gay or bi, but as you say, he'd never come out anyway.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote