Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 21-10-2013, 14:37
shelleyj89
Forum Member

Very jealous of this, I love Alfie! Met him briefly after one of his concerts in Gateshead so it's lovely to hear he's as nice as he seems
He really is so lovely. Our friend took us round into the wings and then on to the stage, and Alife was sitting at the keyboard and turned round and said "Hello!!!!" really loudly and enthusiastically We'd seen him in Les Mis just before his run finished, and we spoke about that and how much he enjoyed it.
shelleyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-10-2013, 02:04
KidPoker
Forum Member

Dear God I have read some things on forums over the years but that takes some beating. Do you really think that someone who lost a child of his own would do this? It is just someone's perverted way of trying to get the sympathy back to the Tory party after the Ralph Miliband episode. The Tory press really have no morals, and neither do you for posting such a vile slur.
I agree.

Brown is a self-interested, coniving in it for himself character. Using such an image would have buried him immediately.

Absolutely absurd to say he planned to use that.
KidPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 09:43
soundcheck
Forum Member

Went out with friends for dinner this week, to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Both are civil serpents, and Mr Friend worked in the Palace of Westminster for years, and had daily dealings with the politicians. Unfortunately he wasn't drunk enough to forget that he had signed the Official Secrets Act, but I did managed to learn from him that David Cameron is genuinely very pleasant and approachable (and my friend started from the perspective of wanting to dislike him), and that Gordon Brown was a MUCH nicer man before he became PM. Betty (now Lady) Boothroyd is also very nice, but he described her as a a steel fist in a velvet glove - not a lady to get on the wrong side of.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:02
LooCY91
Forum Member

I was at a wake in July of this year when I had the misfortune to bump into Christopher Malloney (X Factor contestant).

The father of the baby (who's funeral it was by the way) made a silly joke to Chris, something along the lines of ''alrite lad, hows Simon?'' only to get a look of disgust in return.

5 minutes later whilst outside a car drives out of the car park with Chris in the passenger seat and his sister hanging out of the window screaming ''we'll be back'' amongst other obscenities. As promised 5-6 men turned up at the pub not long after (one managing to trap my friends arm in a door, repeatedly slamming it.

Police where called and I can conclude he and the family of his I have came across are vile human beings.
LooCY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:25
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

Dear God I have read some things on forums over the years but that takes some beating. Do you really think that someone who lost a child of his own would do this? It is just someone's perverted way of trying to get the sympathy back to the Tory party after the Ralph Miliband episode. The Tory press really have no morals, and neither do you for posting such a vile slur.
How is it a vile slur? Are you unable to comprehend that is the way politicians act outwith the public eye, they see an opportunity to score political points then they will do it.

Politicians are vile and Brown is no exception to the rule, he is a nasty vindictive bully who would have done anything to remain as PM. A very dishonest excuse for a man who forced Blair to step aside, Brown is the reason why I am no longer a Labour Party member.
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 11:06
paperplanes_
Forum Member

I was at a wake in July of this year when I had the misfortune to bump into Christopher Malloney (X Factor contestant).

The father of the baby (who's funeral it was by the way) made a silly joke to Chris, something along the lines of ''alrite lad, hows Simon?'' only to get a look of disgust in return.

5 minutes later whilst outside a car drives out of the car park with Chris in the passenger seat and his sister hanging out of the window screaming ''we'll be back'' amongst other obscenities. As promised 5-6 men turned up at the pub not long after (one managing to trap my friends arm in a door, repeatedly slamming it.

Police where called and I can conclude he and the family of his I have came across are vile human beings.
Wow that sounds awful! After a wake as well...He seemed very put on and fake on X Factor. This isn't the first nasty story I've heard about him. He sounds vile! I hope your friend is okay.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 11:52
seansnotmyname@
Forum Member

How is it a vile slur? Are you unable to comprehend that is the way politicians act outwith the public eye, they see an opportunity to score political points then they will do it.

Politicians are vile and Brown is no exception to the rule, he is a nasty vindictive bully who would have done anything to remain as PM. A very dishonest excuse for a man who forced Blair to step aside, Brown is the reason why I am no longer a Labour Party member.
I really have no idea if your allegation is right or wrong, but you admit it was hearsay, so probably best not to spread it on a public forum.

It also hardly fits in with the subject in hand, unless you met him saying these things.
seansnotmyname@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 02:20
Rowan Hedge
Inactive Member

I really have no idea if your allegation is right or wrong, but you admit it was hearsay, so probably best not to spread it on a public forum.

It also hardly fits in with the subject in hand, unless you met him saying these things.
I will accept on reflection that you and others are right, hearsay normally gets folk into the mire. On this occasion it did exactly that.

I have met Billy Connolly and Emun Elliot, billy was very nice but very sweary and hearing the crucifixion story was the highlight of my day.

Emun Elliot grew up not far from us and I bumped into him frequently, last time was in London and the oh was gobsmacked that I kind of knew him.
Rowan Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 15:10
Bulletguy1
Forum Member

I have met Billy Connolly......
My neighbour used to work for him and his wife. She said both Billy and Pam treated her like family.
Bulletguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 15:22
Kankurette
Forum Member

I've mentioned Space before in this thread, but just dropping in to say that I had a massive panic attack after their gig last week in Birmingham, due to an arsehole bouncer. Tommy Scott was posing for pictures with fans, and when he saw me freaking out, he came over and calmed me down. I went and sat in the backstage area with him and a couple of mates, and Franny (the keyboard player) came backstage as well and we hung out for a bit. It was one of the nicest things they've ever done and I'm so grateful to Tommy for it. I haven't got a bad word to say about the guy.
Kankurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 19:20
Joey Boswell
Forum Member

My neighbour used to work for him and his wife. She said both Billy and Pam treated her like family.
My Uncle knows him, and says Billy is a great guy.
Joey Boswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 19:52
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

Met chris fountain in a night club. Thought he was really nice. Met emmet scanlon who was brendan Brady in Holly Oaks in Dublin last Christmas and is absolutely lovely so humble and friendly
sorcha_healy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 15:16
damianswife
Forum Member

Son number 2 has had Mike Tindall in his shop a few times ( usually picking up slabs of beer), says he is delightful. Also Charles Dance who was extremely nice and posed for a photo which now graces the office.
He also served Sean Bean in the Guinness tent at the races, he had a bevy of pretty girls with him and tipped said son very handsomely.
damianswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 19:46
Whataday
Forum Member

I have heard of two stories about Edward Heath being awful, and not just his long running feud with Maggie. On one occasion he sat next to a woman and completely ignored her for two hours ( his misogyny was well known) and also ignored the president of the Oxford Union as he didn't share his views on Europe. For all he wasn't that bad a PM, as an individual he struck me as he got older as a bitter, vindictive old man who seemed to dislike anyone that disagreed with him.
There are some pretty nasty rumours about Heath if you Google him.
Whataday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 20:13
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

There are some pretty nasty rumours about Heath if you Google him.
Featuring yachts & young people, Satanism and Savile, I believe.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 02:04
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

Bit old school here but met cricket legends Devon Malcolm, Phil De Freitas and John Emburey at a charity cricket event this year. Total gentlemen one and all. Spent ages signing autographs for fans. As a member of the hospitality team I also saw them when they were 'off duty' and they were all really lovely guys without any hint of diva about them.
Danny_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 12:21
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Interesting.

This was a headline that appeared in August this year.

Christopher Maloney 'attacked by thugs' during a night out with his ...

26 Aug 2013 - The 35-year-old X Factor finalist says he was attending birthday party when a gang targeted him as he made his way back to his car.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 18:34
ilovewallander
Forum Member

I saw Paul Nicholas on the TV today and he seems like a lovely man. I used to like him in Just Good Friends and Bust (showing my age there ) I wondered if anyone has met him and if he was nice or not so nice? Also as I mentioned Just Good Friends, has anyone met Jan Francis? I liked her too.
ilovewallander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 19:28
sheila blige
Forum Member

Bit old school here but met cricket legends Devon Malcolm, Phil De Freitas and John Emburey at a charity cricket event this year. Total gentlemen one and all. Spent ages signing autographs for fans. As a member of the hospitality team I also saw them when they were 'off duty' and they were all really lovely guys without any hint of diva about them.
I had a huge crush on Phil De Freitas - glad to know he's a gent!

I remember going to one of those celebrity cricket matches years ago (it was arranged by Bill Wyman) - as we were watching - Michael Holding ran towards me to pick up the ball and as he raised his head - I'm sure he was smiling at me and me alone - he's another of my crushes - I think it was these two who made cricket bearable for me. They both played for Lancashire at one time or another too so I believe!
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 21:43
lilsaz
Forum Member

Ive met literally hundreds of celebs over the years and all of them listed below were fantastic with their fans, very generous with their time, warm and friendly including:

Orlando Bloom (met Orlando many times when he did a London play in 2007)
Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley)
Neil Dudgeon (Midsomer Murders I run his website)
Colin Morgan (Merlin)
Bradley James (Merlin)
Anthony Head (Merlin)
Katie McGrath (Merlin)
Alex Vlahos (Merlin)
Eoin Macken (Merlin)
Santiago Cabrera (Merlin)
Tom Hopper (Merlin)
Steve Tompkinson
Neil Pearson
Ben Whishaw
Daniel Radcliffe
Helen Mirren
Judi Dench
Darren Hayes
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean
Matt Evers (Dancing on Ice)
Dan Whiston (Dancing on Ice)
Matthew Wolfenden
David Tennant
Matt Smith
John Nettles
New Kids on the Block
Evansecence
Elijah Wood
Viggo Mortensen
Billy Boyd
Sean Austin
Michael Barrymore
Nick Reding (ex Silent Witness)
Iain Fletcher (ex The Bill)
Kevin Whately
John McGlynn (Silent Witness, All Creatures great and small)
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connolly
Simon Shepherd
Nigel Le Vaillant (ex Casualty)
Adam Rickitt
Dan Corsi (male model)
John Simm

and loads more

I'm a civil servant and have worked for Tony Blair, John Prescott, Gordon Brown, Tessa Jowell and David Miliband and my then local MP Tony McWalter and was very fond of them of esp Tony Blair. He was amazing to work with, I learnt so much from him and got on really well with him.

The only celeb I met that was really off was Michael French when he did Art alongside Steve Tompkinson at the Wyndhams theatre but there was a really annoying women there so it might have been because she kept trying to catch him whenever he arrived or left.
lilsaz is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 21:48
kymmierhydfan
Forum Member

Nicest
Sunetra Sarker and Heather Peace (Also so lovely on twitter aswell)
Tristian Gemmill
Jane Hazelgrove (she gave us a lift back to our hotel coz it was snowing and freezing v funny lady)
Matt Cardle, Oh he is adorable
Matt Lucas
Nicola Roberts (very shy)

Horrible
David Walliams PRICK!
kymmierhydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:48
HarrisonMarks
Forum Member

Horrible
David Walliams PRICK!
What was the rest of him like?
HarrisonMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 18:11
Stuart1000
Forum Member

Horrible
David Walliams PRICK!
That's strange, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.
Stuart1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 22:41
goonernatalie
Forum Member

I saw Paul Nicholas on the TV today and he seems like a lovely man. I used to like him in Just Good Friends and Bust (showing my age there ) I wondered if anyone has met him and if he was nice or not so nice? Also as I mentioned Just Good Friends, has anyone met Jan Francis? I liked her too.
Yes he was director of ''A Tale of Two Cities'' which I saw
It had Jonathan Ansell in it.
Paul is very nice and friendly
goonernatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 12:59
Glenn A
Forum Member

Has anyone met Morrissey before as I'm interested?
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote