Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jessie J gangland style all wrong.

Old 25-10-2013, 18:29
i4u
Forum Member

Jessie J caught out trying to keep it real?

The “Price Tag” singer told Time Out magazine earlier this week: “I feel a duty to try to combat gun and knife crime and racial attacks because they happened at my school.

But Andy Rehling, headteacher of Mayfield School, Jessie J’s former secondary school, said there had been no knife crime, shootings or gang violence in all the time he had been at the school.
i4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-10-2013, 20:16
zx50
Forum Member

Who's telling the truth though? I wouldn't put it past a headteacher to lie about something if he/she felt that the school's image was under threat.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 20:23
paperplanes_
Forum Member

Her hearts in the right place but if she's making it up then it's unfair.
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 21:56
mrcynical
Forum Member

I'm sure he'd have noticed shootings. It's probably her just trying to distance herself from her middle class roots.
mrcynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 22:15
Squatch
Forum Member

I agree, she's probably bullchitting.

Why would you feel obliged to get involved in anything just because it happened at your school anyway? (Unless you were personally involved in it). Plus she must have left school like 9 years ago. Grow up, stop trying to appeal to the yoofs.
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 23:25
i4u
Forum Member

I'm sure he'd have noticed shootings. It's probably her just trying to distance herself from her middle class roots.
It's reported her two sisters were head girls at the school.
i4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 11:04
camel's toe
Forum Member

Trying to give herself an edge but she is mediocre and in a few years time it will all be over...
camel's toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 04:48
UKNikey
Forum Member

she is street innit
UKNikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 10:58
NunyaBinness
Forum Member

I read that interview and the interviewer asked her about it and she said she never saw anyone get stabbed and that she'd rather not talk about it. She also never said any of the things mentioned happened at her school specifically. Just that she went to that school and around the same time she saw some racial attacks and gang crime. I don't see how that couldn't be plausible.
NunyaBinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:05
Blondie X
Forum Member

Completely exaggerated nonsense. It's not an area known for gang culture and/or shootings/stabbings. Probably happened once or twice around the area and she's exaggerating to make herself sound more street than she really is
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 09:12
fairypenny
Forum Member

It hasn't always been the best school, but none of the things she mentions happened.
fairypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 09:27
*Sparkle*
Forum Member

Jessie seems to be someone well intentioned, but she's in severe need of a reality check. She's one of those artists considered "hot", so the media and everyone around her have been camped permanently up her arse, with no-one daring to point out she's talking bollocks.

Not long ago she was talking about how she was "humbled" by fans copying her shaved head look. She's not the first celeb to mis-use the term "humble", but it's one of those situations where it appears they are trying to be humble, or bigging up their fans, but actually, they are just bragging.
*Sparkle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 13:50
NunyaBinness
Forum Member

It hasn't always been the best school, but none of the things she mentions happened.
She didn't say anything happened at the school, just that while she attended the school she saw some things. I'm guessing she used the school as a way to show time frame as she moved from the house she was born in and switched schools so that stuck out in her mind.(I read her autobiography recently. Interesting read.)
NunyaBinness is offline   Reply With Quote