Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 16-11-2013, 18:09
Glenn A
Forum Member

I haven't personally but I know a couple of people that have and from what I remember were not very complimentry about him i'm afraid. He's always appears to be ranting and raving about something or slagging someone off.
Cheers, much as I like his music, I could imagine he would be hard work and I imagine if you were eating a burger in front of him, he'd probably punch you and call you a murderer.
On a lighter note, my sister met Shaking Stevens at the Blackpool Winter Gardens in the eighties and he was really happy to pose with fans and sign autographs. Always struck me as a down to earth man.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-11-2013, 12:53
Paddy C
Forum Member

My friend was working on Saturday and had an experience with Greg Wallace from Masterchef. Staff were told beforehand not to speak directly to him, he was very rude and arrogant and pushed past people without saying "excuse me" etc. My friend had to personally serve him and instead of Greg talking to him he just kept pointing at him or things and shouting words instead of sentences to demand what he wanted. He called/referred to people by their attributes or what they were wearing instead of their names. He said he was a complete tosspot and he was very close to punching him for the way he was treating everyone. Complete knobhead!
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 13:56
dorydaryl
Forum Member

My friend was working on Saturday and had an experience with Greg Wallace from Masterchef. Staff were told beforehand not to speak directly to him, he was very rude and arrogant and pushed past people without saying "excuse me" etc. My friend had to personally serve him and instead of Greg talking to him he just kept pointing at him or things and shouting words instead of sentences to demand what he wanted. He called/referred to people by their attributes or what they were wearing instead of their names. He said he was a complete tosspot and he was very close to punching him for the way he was treating everyone. Complete knobhead!
Why on earth people working with these celebs are instructed by their employers to treat them with kid gloves and put up with any old diva-ish behaviour is beyond me. It just encourages the 'celeb' to behave even more abysmally as time goes by. So long as the person was decent to me I would be happy to work hard to make their involvement with me as pleasant as possible but if they treated me like dirt, they would get short shrift, no matter what my employers had told me to put up with. Would try to remain professional but cool and let them know, with eye contact alone, that their behaviour isn't welcomed. Your friend sounds like he did well not to land him one.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 14:27
wilehelmas
Forum Member

He sounds delightful.

Did nobody think to pee in his soup?
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 15:06
kymmierhydfan
Forum Member

I saw texas on Friday and the security before were saying how much of a bitch Sharleen is, NO! she is so bloody funny and so appreciative of the crowd. She interacted really well with the crowd aswell. And she did not mind having photos taken either.

I met Sue Perkins once, I was 15 now thinking of it she was a bit offish. Mel was lovely but I would love to meet Sue now and see how she is. She is always lovely on twitter.
kymmierhydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 15:15
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I saw texas on Friday and the security before were saying how much of a bitch Sharleen is, NO! she is so bloody funny and so appreciative of the crowd. She interacted really well with the crowd aswell. And she did not mind having photos taken either.

I met Sue Perkins once, I was 15 now thinking of it she was a bit offish. Mel was lovely but I would love to meet Sue now and see how she is. She is always lovely on twitter.
When she was on CBB years ago, Sue actually came across as quite shy and unsure of herself which is completely at odds with her TV persona. Maybe it was just that? She seems to have 'grown into herself' a bit, since. I could be wrong as I've never met her.
Old 20-11-2013, 16:02
kieranyeah123
Forum Member

I agree about the posters who've said not to base your opinion on a celebrity from one persons encounter.

I think some people see celebrities as robots and not actually human. They have feelings just like us (shock horror) and I will bet my last 1 that you and I have had days were we're miserable and have to go out to work or whatever, it doesn't make you a bad person. We all have off days.
kieranyeah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 16:11
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I agree about the posters who've said not to base your opinion on a celebrity from one persons encounter.

I think some people see celebrities as robots and not actually human. They have feelings just like us (shock horror) and I will bet my last 1 that you and I have had days were we're miserable and have to go out to work or whatever, it doesn't make you a bad person. We all have off days.
I do agree with what you say, especially in situations where a celeb has been going about their business privately, not willing to chat, pose for a pic etc. But in the example of Gregg Wallace above, that's not just him having a bad day is it. Barging past people without an excuse me? Pointing or shouting words instead of asking for something? Calling people names by what they were wearing?? If anyone tried that crap on with me they'd soon know what I thought.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 21:20
fefster
Forum Member

I am fascinated by this? What did he say? What attributes did he choose? I can only imagine it was something along the lines of:
Oi Beardy, Pasty!
Or
Alright Spotty, give us a Custard Danish

Could your friend elaborate on the attributes and orders please?
fefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 22:38
kymmierhydfan
Forum Member

I think sue is a bit like that. Bless her I still have a major crush on her. She is lovely.
kymmierhydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 13:37
LCDMAN
Forum Member

I think Gregg wants to know more about this... From Twitter;

"where was this supposed to have occurred ?"

" I have no recollection of being served by anyone on Saturday. Also have no idea of whom I was supposed to be addressing."

" in fact my only interaction with the public was at a book signing. Sat eve I was at The Ivy."

Seems your "friend" might have some explaining to do at his bookstore / The Ivy....
LCDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 17:34
5thinbetweener
Forum Member

Met James Cracknell today. Nice bloke, quite good sense of humour but a bit rambling.
5thinbetweener is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 18:03
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I think Gregg wants to know more about this... From Twitter;

"where was this supposed to have occurred ?"

" I have no recollection of being served by anyone on Saturday. Also have no idea of whom I was supposed to be addressing."

" in fact my only interaction with the public was at a book signing. Sat eve I was at The Ivy."

Seems your "friend" might have some explaining to do at his bookstore / The Ivy....
So he reads DS Showbiz forums then, or someone he knows does and has got wind of the above comments? Ah well.....be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Old 22-11-2013, 19:51
Peter Venkman
Forum Member

I met Gregg when he came to my place of work for a little preso. Friendly and very funny. But it was in a "corporate" surrounding.
Peter Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 02:53
Conehead
Forum Member

Charles Saatchi is a diamond geezer. No side to him.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 17:57
Lil_M
Inactive Member

I think I have read posts on here about Sean Tully- he really is a nasty nasty person and there is no nice side about him. Really horrible and treats people like shit.
Lil_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 23:12
MarcoPolo99
Forum Member

I met Simon Rimmer today at a cooking exhibition. He was very good with the crowd and stayed behind afterwards to talk to everyone and sign autographs. He was particularly good with the kids. Top bloke
MarcoPolo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 00:56
jules4stu
Forum Member

I met Simon Rimmer today at a cooking exhibition. He was very good with the crowd and stayed behind afterwards to talk to everyone and sign autographs. He was particularly good with the kids. Top bloke
good to hear' i admire him as a chef so to hear hes a top dude as well is nice!
jules4stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 15:58
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

Hi Greg!
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 17:26
Glenn A
Forum Member

Has anyone met Axl Rose? From a lot of accounts he is supposed to be obnoxious, but I'd love to hear otherwise.
On a more contemporary note, woman at work met David Tennant when he was filming an episode of Doctor Who and said he was lovely and willing to talk to the fans.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 17:28
4smiffy
Forum Member

Rick Wakeman was just an ordinary bloke, but charming and funny.
4smiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 18:10
intoxication
Forum Member

So he reads DS Showbiz forums then, or someone he knows does and has got wind of the above comments? Ah well.....be interesting to see how this one pans out.
A google search says that he was supposedly at the Good Food Show on Saturday as a celebrity chef. Maybe the other poster's friend was working there or at a nearby hotel, if it is true. Definitely will be interesting to see how this one pans out...
intoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 18:14
Westy2
Forum Member

good to hear' i admire him as a chef so to hear hes a top dude as well is nice!
I wasn't there, but the company I work for had an event at the NEC/LG Arena/whatevers its called recently & he was there.

The ladies liked him, I gather.

Admittedly I'd never heard of him.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 19:37
dorydaryl
Forum Member

A google search says that he was supposedly at the Good Food Show on Saturday as a celebrity chef. Maybe the other poster's friend was working there or at a nearby hotel, if it is true. Definitely will be interesting to see how this one pans out...
Hmmm, he might have come across as rude to certain people if he was under pressure at a public event and needed to get things done. It's difficult to keep lots of balls in the air (so to speak!) in a more spontaneous environment than pre-recorded TV where there is probably more leverage for error- even if you are supposed to be an expert at what you do.

*Shrugs*

No excuse for blatant rudeness, though. However, if it's just one other person's interpretation, it makes you wonder about a possible personality clash.
Old 24-11-2013, 20:50
attackmusic
Forum Member

I think I have read posts on here about Sean Tully- he really is a nasty nasty person and there is no nice side about him. Really horrible and treats people like shit.
I have heard that quite a lot. There is a difference from having an off day to constantly being rude.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote