Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 24-11-2013, 22:49
Glenn A
Forum Member

I have heard that quite a lot. There is a difference from having an off day to constantly being rude.
Why should people who pay their wages have to be treated like dirt? I can remember in the seventies one of my idols, Sean Connery, being very aggressive to a fan at a pro celebrity golf match for simply mentioning James Bond. Yet he did seem to mellow a lot after that.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-11-2013, 00:30
Westy2
Forum Member

Met James Cracknell today. Nice bloke, quite good sense of humour but a bit rambling.
Isn't he the one who had a head injury years ago?

Might explain the 'rambling'.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 22:23
Conehead
Forum Member

Isn't he the one who had a head injury years ago?

Might explain the 'rambling'.
Keith Lemon sustained a hand injury at one point, but it has never prevented him from being unfailingly courteous on the numerous occasions when it has been my pleasure to bump into him.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 11:37
katmobile
Forum Member

Has anyone met Axl Rose? From a lot of accounts he is supposed to be obnoxious, but I'd love to hear otherwise.
On a more contemporary note, woman at work met David Tennant when he was filming an episode of Doctor Who and said he was lovely and willing to talk to the fans.
There were some lovely stories about DT interacting with fans on the DW Live Journal forum and actually most of the stars of DW and Torchwood seem to have been nice people who knew how to treat fans including John Barrowman who has a rather rude sense of humour but always willing to interact with fans. What is said on the site is backed up by a friend of mine who works in theatre as lighting designer who states that will doing "A Few Good Men" he was in the habit of appearing on stage without his trousers to moon the crew (he was behind a witness box so his backside wouldn't have been seen on onstage) but when the crew decided to 'return the favour' and moon him then he took it in good humour. My friend also said he was camper than a line of tents - and this was in the days before he declared himself out and proud.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 12:16
stargazer61
Forum Member

Keith Lemon sustained a hand injury at one point, but it has never prevented him from being unfailingly courteous on the numerous occasions when it has been my pleasure to bump into him.
There is a huge difference between a hand injury and a head injury. Head injuries can bring about changes in behaviour and personality which can be extremely distressing for all concerned.
stargazer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 17:01
rionia
Forum Member

There were some lovely stories about DT interacting with fans on the DW Live Journal forum and actually most of the stars of DW and Torchwood seem to have been nice people who knew how to treat fans including John Barrowman who has a rather rude sense of humour but always willing to interact with fans. What is said on the site is backed up by a friend of mine who works in theatre as lighting designer who states that will doing "A Few Good Men" he was in the habit of appearing on stage without his trousers to moon the crew (he was behind a witness box so his backside wouldn't have been seen on onstage) but when the crew decided to 'return the favour' and moon him then he took it in good humour. My friend also said he was camper than a line of tents - and this was in the days before he declared himself out and proud.
He did 'A few Good Men' in Aug-Dec 2005. , which was after DW had premiered. He was aleady 'out and proud' by then
rionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 18:31
Kat_12
Forum Member

There is a huge difference between a hand injury and a head injury. Head injuries can bring about changes in behaviour and personality which can be extremely distressing for all concerned.
There's also the fact that Keith Lemon is NOT A REAL PERSON.
Kat_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 21:11
sxcbaybee123
Forum Member

Met comedian Greg Davies the other day after a gig in my local theatre. You could tell he was absolutely shattered but was happy to sit and sign autographs and have photos taken with the many, many fans that had waited. He was a genuinely lovely, happy, smiley person.

Also saw Colin Morgan at Warwick Castle a few years ago and again, he was very polite and warm. And was completely happy to pose for pictures and sign Merlin merchandise, despite the fact that the PR people he was with were intent on rushing him away!

It's nice to know that there are still genuinely lovely celebrities around.
sxcbaybee123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 23:43
Conehead
Forum Member

There's also the fact that Keith Lemon is NOT A REAL PERSON.
Thank you Kat. There's no pulling the wool over your eyes.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 10:37
katmobile
Forum Member

He did 'A few Good Men' in Aug-Dec 2005. , which was after DW had premiered. He was aleady 'out and proud' by then
I stand corrected - I didn't hear about it until he started doing Torchwood but that could be because he became better known after that.
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 10:45
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Originally Posted by rionia;69985987[B
]He did 'A few Good Men' in Aug-Dec 2005[/b]. , which was after DW had premiered. He was aleady 'out and proud' by then
I'm sure he did
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 08:26
chels.p
Forum Member

Really nice:
Sheridan Smith - spends loads of time chatting with fans and called out to say goodbye and thank you for waiting to us as we were leaving

Daniel Radcliffe- poor guy was absolutely mobbed but he was so nice

Richard Fleeshman - lovely and looks great in the flesh

Jill Halfpenny

Marion Bartoli (This year's Wimbledon winner) - so nice, took the time to chat to us even though we were really shy and startruck (I'm a huge tennis fan)

Only negative experiences I've had are with Kerry Ellis and (only slightly) with Olly Murs. Olly wasn't uber friendly but he was in a rush so it was understandable, and other people on here seem to say he was lovely when they met him.
chels.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 13:57
Paddy C
Forum Member

I think Gregg wants to know more about this... From Twitter;

"where was this supposed to have occurred ?"

" I have no recollection of being served by anyone on Saturday. Also have no idea of whom I was supposed to be addressing."

" in fact my only interaction with the public was at a book signing. Sat eve I was at The Ivy."

Seems your "friend" might have some explaining to do at his bookstore / The Ivy....
I am only seeing this now. This happened at Earl's Court, not The Ivy.

I have sent the link to my friend so I'll wait and see what he says. He's not the type to lie and in his work has met lots of celebrities and usually has good things to say about them, even if his experience with them wasn't overly positive. Greg must have done something wrong to really rattle his cage, and the cages of the others working there as a lot of the other people were just as offended by his behaviour as my friend was.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 23:23
pothuthic
Forum Member

Few more to add;

Keith Duffy - Really genuine guy, really nice
The Vamps - Wow, really surprised at how lovely they were
James Blunt - Actually quite funny and chatty

Not a negative one, but James Arthur passed me in the corridor today, he nodded to me expecting one back so I gave him a dirty look and ignored him I wouldn't wanna say something nasty
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 23:28
whatever54
Forum Member

Few more to add;

Not a negative one, but James Arthur passed me in the corridor today, he nodded to me expecting one back so I gave him a dirty look and ignored him I wouldn't wanna say something nasty
You should have asked him why he wasn't on Paul O Grady yesterday as planned
Anyway good to hear he's up and about and over his bout of exhaustion.
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 14:21
Glenn A
Forum Member

One of my relatives used to do Sunshine Coaches trips to London for disabled children and remembers having the children introduced to Denis Waterman and Ian Ogilvy about 33 years ago. Waterman was unpleasant, refused to pose with the children( even though he knew they were visiting Leicester Square), muttered and stormed off, leaving a few of them upset. Ogilvy, then at the height of his career, was happy to pose for the children, signed autographs and was very polite.
Denis Waterman, for all he is a good actor and Minder was class, always has this nasty look to him and I can just imagine him behaving like that.
Old 07-12-2013, 16:28
Westy2
Forum Member

One of my relatives used to do Sunshine Coaches trips to London for disabled children and remembers having the children introduced to Denis Waterman and Ian Ogilvy about 33 years ago. Waterman was unpleasant, refused to pose with the children( even though he knew they were visiting Leicester Square), muttered and stormed off, leaving a few of them upset. Ogilvy, then at the height of his career, was happy to pose for the children, signed autographs and was very polite.
Denis Waterman, for all he is a good actor and Minder was class, always has this nasty look to him and I can just imagine him behaving like that.
Well Waterman does have a couple of marriages behind him, so I'm not surprised there.

What's Ian Ogilvy up to thesedays, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

The only things I remember him for are Upstairs Downstairs & Return Of The Saint.
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 17:25
Glenn A
Forum Member

Well Waterman does have a couple of marriages behind him, so I'm not surprised there.

What's Ian Ogilvy up to thesedays, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

The only things I remember him for are Upstairs Downstairs & Return Of The Saint.
I can't think of Ian Ogilvy doing much in recent years, but he was hot property in 1980. Waterman, of course, made his second fortune in Minder, then a variety of hits afer that. I did hear Rula Lenska had a terrible life with him and he is known to be what we would call a laddish type where football and drink are the main interests in his life.
Old 07-12-2013, 20:18
pothuthic
Forum Member

Few to add from today

Reggie Yates - Had a small conversation whilst he was getting reedy for his next link, very funny (and much more attractive in person )

Tom Odell - Really genuine guy, not in any way the average famous person, took pics and autographs for people, then went around on his own without security, managers

John Newman - Great guy, had a lovely conversation

London Grammar - Lovely people

Overall a fantastic two days in meeting celebs
pothuthic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 02:33
emj
Forum Member

I met Chris Martin back in the summer and he was absolutely lovely. Took the time to chat to us and asked us what we were doing with our day, then asked our names and signed our CDs. Really nice guy.
emj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 09:13
dirty dingus
Forum Member

Met Nigella yesterday, looked a bit tired and down but after handing me 200 and receiving her package, she fair cheered up.
dirty dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 09:44
zx50
Forum Member

Met Nigella yesterday, looked a bit tired and down but after handing me 200 and receiving her package, she fair cheered up.
Eh?! She gave you 200 for delivering her package through the post?
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 09:49
zx50
Forum Member

Few more to add;

Why be okay with them and nasty towards James Arthur?
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 23:42
Drood
Forum Member

What's Ian Ogilvy up to these days, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

Lately he's been writing children's books - http://www.measlebooks.com/
Drood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 00:22
Fadge1968
Forum Member

Phil Davis. Met him in Glasgow. Great guy. Also met Nigel Havers. He was pretty pleasant too.

Met Ally McCoist too, he was pretty nasty actually.
Fadge1968 is offline   Reply With Quote