Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Beyonce surprises the world releasing self titled album on iTunes without warning.

Old 21-12-2013, 06:39
Stacey_Hardy
Forum Member

I completely disagree. I thought that album was great, definitely her best one. The only songs I didn't like from that were Diva and Videophone.
I Am... Sasha Fierce is her worst album.
Stacey_Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-12-2013, 08:44
little-monster
Forum Member

yes i rung up yesterday to make sure HMV would have it
i was also surprised to see the shelves rammed full.

this is how i like my albums, on CD. not some ghastly itunes download
THIS
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 13:29
RingoJ739K
Forum Member

Like I said, I completely disagree. I think this current album is defintiely her weakest work yet. While the videos are creative, most of the tracks are below average or just downright awful. Even 4 was a better album, but I much pefer her work from I Am Sasha Fierce because that's when I thought she was at her best.
RingoJ739K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 14:54
Makson
Forum Member

blasphemy!
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 18:21
Sex
Forum Member

XO is very nice but as a single it just doesn't pack enough of a punch...it is just lacking that "oomph" IMO.
it's dull; i don't get why everyone is raving on about it

easily the worst on the album for me anyway.
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 12:28
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

I've bought tickets for the tour from Beyonce.com (turnupgroup). Does anyone know if I'll be sent tickets in the post or will they be e-tickets?
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 14:59
little-monster
Forum Member

I've bought tickets for the tour from Beyonce.com (turnupgroup). Does anyone know if I'll be sent tickets in the post or will they be e-tickets?
Normally when i buy tickets, your given the option to have either one.
Old 24-12-2013, 17:03
Ramo1234
Forum Member

I disagree, out of all of Beyonce's solo albums, IASF is the best.
Ramo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 17:10
big dan
Forum Member

Agreed, by far the worst.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 23:55
BrokenArrow
Forum Member

I guess this has already been posted but I can't be bothered to read the thread....

Just been reading that Amazon and a number of other retailers are refusing to stock the album.
BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 00:22
annushka
Forum Member

I guess this has already been posted but I can't be bothered to read the thread....

Just been reading that Amazon and a number of other retailers are refusing to stock the album.
I've only read about Target & Amazon
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ce-cd-20131221
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/22/amazon...lease-4240264/

I kind of get where they are coming from: it seems that usually, you don't give advantages to only 1 distributor, so this special deal with the Apple store & the ban on preorders for everyone else rubbed them the wrong way.
According to articles online, it's more about sending a signal to Sony (or any other label) that this sort of preferencial treatment won't be accepted without a fight, but I don't think it will dent Beyonce's sales that much... People will get the album somewhere else if they really want it.
annushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 01:49
Ramo1234
Forum Member

Just heard Partition and Flawless and they're really good songs
Old 25-12-2013, 09:01
abibble
Forum Member

I've only read about Target & Amazon
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ce-cd-20131221
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/22/amazon...lease-4240264/

I kind of get where they are coming from: it seems that usually, you don't give advantages to only 1 distributor, so this special deal with the Apple store & the ban on preorders for everyone else rubbed them the wrong way.
According to articles online, it's more about sending a signal to Sony (or any other label) that this sort of preferencial treatment won't be accepted without a fight, but I don't think it will dent Beyonce's sales that much... People will get the album somewhere else if they really want it.
I get that but Target are clearly throwing their toys out of the pram because they always gets the bonus tracks and special versions of an album which gives them the advantage. They're just sulking.
abibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 11:22
Master Ozzy
Forum Member

It says more about Amazon and Target than it says about Beyonce. They're refusing to stock an item that a hell of a lot of their customers would want to buy. What they've done is ridiculous and has made them look pathetic.
Master Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 11:31
Ice Breaker
Forum Member

Is this album out to buy physically now??
Ice Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 12:40
annushka
Forum Member

It says more about Amazon and Target than it says about Beyonce. They're refusing to stock an item that a hell of a lot of their customers would want to buy. What they've done is ridiculous and has made them look pathetic.
I actually think that this week long exclusive with Apple (and no special deal with any of the other retailers who sell physical copies) says a lot about the new strategies that Sony might be envisioning in the future, and I understand their reaction to this.

Considering how huge Amazon & Target are (and considering they are not the only ones to have felt slighed), I find it great that they have reacted. Anyone who prefers physical copies, aka the vast majorities of album buyers, also has a right to be annoyed at this exclusive deal with the Apple store for the 1st week IMO. If no one reacts, this could become a usual sort of thing.
annushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 13:53
Ramo1234
Forum Member

I have listened to most of the album fully and now I have to say I really like it. I like 8 tracks which are:
Mine
XO
Heaven
Jealous
Flawless
Partition
Haunted
Pretty Hurts

I have yet to hear the other songs like Blow, Superpower etc. But this album is much better than 4.
Old 27-12-2013, 14:03
Cassie..
Forum Member

XO is the best song of the year for me and i dont even really like Beyonce but that track is killer.
Cassie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 15:36
big dan
Forum Member

XO is the best song of the year for me and i dont even really like Beyonce but that track is killer.
Xo is the only song I've heard from the new album (oh and Drunk In Love, which is ok) and I love it. Is it officially being released as a single over here? I really want it to do well.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 09:16
little-monster
Forum Member

My album came today

You get the album in a nice slip case. Then you take the album out and the front cover is a very unflattering picture of Beyonce's backside. Would of liked a nice flattering picture to have seen first thing in the morning or for the album as a whole. The slip case will be permanently staying on and I will use that as my Itunes artwork.