Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sherlock - New BBC Drama (Part 2)

Closed Thread
Old 30-11-2013, 18:48
sergio2006
Forum Member

Given how long between the series it has been, and how long it takes to make, I would have thought the episodes would be more spread out. Don't get me wrong i can't wait to watch them all, but all this time to wait and its all over in 2 and a half weeks.

Its that big they could almost release them in the cinemas over a year

Episode 1 - January. Episode 2 - June. Episode 3 - December.

Or something like that.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-11-2013, 23:17
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

For one of the first times ever I'm excited about the new year. I think 1/1/14 is a great air date for series three.

I'm so used to some shows being short I don't mind that they aren't spread out. To have to wait weeks for the next installment would frustrate me far more than getting through them quickly. And with Sherlock, I have accepted it will always take a couple of years to make each series and that we're lucky to get anything new at all.
Old 03-12-2013, 20:22
Dogmatix
Forum Member

The Season 3 DVD/BD are already listed on Amazon, but no release date is given.

And this new forum look is ghastly. Quite ghastly.
Old 03-12-2013, 20:29
degsyhufc
Forum Member

So, last night's tweets came true! The empty hearse in London early today with flowers in the shape of the start date for Series 3 :

New Year's Day 2014 - The Empty Hearse
Sunday 5th January 2014 - The Sign of Three
Sunday 12th January - His Last Vow

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/...y-bbc-one.html

I love that pic of Sherlock looking through the window at a pensive looking John.

I'm getting ready to sit and watch 'The Woman' again starting shortly.
The Season 3 DVD/BD are already listed on Amazon, but no release date is given.

And this new forum look is ghastly. Quite ghastly.
I'd take a guess at Jan 13th
Old 03-12-2013, 22:32
maggie thecat
Forum Member

I'm in the US but ordered off amazon.co.UK and I got an email today saying it should arrive between Feb 3 and 7th.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

Getting very excited for series three! I need to rewatch series one and two as it's been ages since I've seen the episodes and need a refresher.
Old 04-12-2013, 17:15
Dr2Pat
Forum Member

Sherlock Series 3 DVD/Bluray out on Jan 27.
I saw this when looking for the release date, so I thought this might be of interest to the die hard sherlock fans:
DVD
Bluray

BBC Shop exclusive, it does look nice, though it's very, very expensive at £63/£65. I wish I could afford it.
"Limited to a run of only 3,000 numbered copies, this is a must-have product for those who love the show and will be available on DVD and Blu Ray. The beautifully crafted box takes inspiration from the show and includes Sherlock Series 1, 2 and 3; a concealed compartment with a copy of an episode script from the first series written by Co-creator Steven Moffat; a special letter to fans from a popular returning character; a stylish black soft touch A6 size notebook to keep notes and observations on the new series, with rounded corners and elastic enclosure and additional material including behind the scenes footage from the upcoming third series."
Old 04-12-2013, 23:07
Molly Bloom
Forum Member

I can't justify spending £65 on DVDs/Blu Rays no matter how "special" they are, and no matter whether I have the money or not. The ever rising prices of these special editions are a joke, I think, especially when it's a BBC product and you have the license fee to consider.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:14
nethwen
Forum Member

Eeee there will be a SHERLOCK MINI EPISODE ON CHRISTMAS DAY CALLED "MANY HAPPY RETURNS" - ON THE BBC RED BUTTON.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/...stmas-day.html

Sorry for shouting.

There's a good DS interview with the cast/writers also:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/...will-last.html

talking non spoilerish on the first episode and how we are all in for a right good treat [my emphasis].
Old 08-12-2013, 21:09
Lowri
Forum Member

An official, slightly spoilery (in terms of dialogue, not really plot) interactive trailer has been released and there's loads of new stuff Love the snippets of conversation between Sherlock and Mycroft

Web address looks funny but promoted on the official BBC Sherlock facebook page: http://wirewax.com/sherlock

ETA: Link from bbc.co.uk/sherlock also goes to this page. Looks like it's an interactive version of youtube, I'm obviously behind the times!
Old 08-12-2013, 21:20
degsyhufc
Forum Member

ETA: Link from bbc.co.uk/sherlock also goes to this page. Looks like it's an interactive version of youtube, I'm obviously behind the times!
Me too as it's just a blank screen in IE.
I'll give it a look in Chrome later on.
Old 08-12-2013, 21:21
Lowri
Forum Member

Me too as it's just a blank screen in IE.
I'll give it a look in Chrome later on.
I'm using IE and it's fine

More info: Works fine on IE v9.0 (32 and 64 bit editions) and Chrome v31. Adobe flashplayer v11.
Old 08-12-2013, 21:33
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Ah must have just been one of those things. It's working now.
Old 08-12-2013, 22:36
nethwen
Forum Member

An official, slightly spoilery (in terms of dialogue, not really plot) interactive trailer has been released and there's loads of new stuff Love the snippets of conversation between Sherlock and Mycroft

Web address looks funny but promoted on the official BBC Sherlock facebook page: http://wirewax.com/sherlock

Thanks for that.

Mrs Hudson haha
Old 08-12-2013, 22:54
nethwen
Forum Member

Did something happen on BBC1 tonight then?

sue vertue ‏@suevertue 9m
Peel those eyes again guys, there may be something of interest on BBC One later this evening #sherlocklives

I've been watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on Channel 5 so missed it.
Old 08-12-2013, 23:01
nethwen
Forum Member

I thought this was quite funny. Chinese fans asking the prime minister for speedier Sherlock series in the future.

Cameron's reply: "Well I know that Benedict is hugely popular in China, he’s a big star. Sadly I can’t tell them what to do as it’s an independent company, but I know how popular Sherlock Holmes is and the modern adaptation is a brilliant adaptation. Of course people can always go back and read the original Conan Doyle stories which are wonderful , but I will do everything I can to say that people in China want more of Sherlock Holmes and more of the modern version."

http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post...uk-pm-response
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04
fiveinabed
Forum Member

There are some very entertaining and inventive reviews of the Series 3 DVD Box Set at...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...e_epc__1p_2_lm
Old 16-12-2013, 00:17
nethwen
Forum Member

Yesterday afternoon, at a special screening of The Empty Hearse at the British Film Institute in London, Caitlin Moran, hosting the Q&A session afterwards with the cast and crew, made Benedict and Martin read aloud some slash fanfiction - which was quite explicit, apparently.

Oh dear!

You can read all about it at the following link:

http://www.london-reviews.co.uk/2013...-empty-hearse/

WHICH IS SPOILER FREE (of the actual episode, I mean. )
Old 16-12-2013, 09:01
Lowri
Forum Member

Yesterday afternoon, at a special screening of The Empty Hearse at the British Film Institute in London, Caitlin Moran, hosting the Q&A session afterwards with the cast and crew, made Benedict and Martin read aloud some slash fanfiction - which was quite explicit, apparently.

Oh dear!

You can read all about it at the following link:

http://www.london-reviews.co.uk/2013...-empty-hearse/

WHICH IS SPOILER FREE (of the actual episode, I mean. )
Sounds dreadful! If I'd have been there I think I would have caused myself an injury from cringing so badly! Benedict and Martin deserve better than that.
I'm quite surprised there was a pre-screening, I know there wasn't for the Doctor Who 50th and I would have thought that this episode of Sherlock was almost as secretive, especially knowing Moffat's opinion of spoilers. Can a room full of press really not reveal the biggest secret in TV?
Old 16-12-2013, 10:05
DanielF
Forum Member

Sounds dreadful! If I'd have been there I think I would have caused myself an injury from cringing so badly! Benedict and Martin deserve better than that.
I'm quite surprised there was a pre-screening, I know there wasn't for the Doctor Who 50th and I would have thought that this episode of Sherlock was almost as secretive, especially knowing Moffat's opinion of spoilers. Can a room full of press really not reveal the biggest secret in TV?
I would guess that by showing it to them they can get Non-Disclosure Agreements with them so they won't print it. If they didn't, then it could be reported if the reporters found out via production staff etc.

Of course, screeners go out all the time for shows - the press don't spoil these, it'd be a case of biting the hand that feeds them.
DanielF is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 24-12-2013, 16:48
sergio2006
Forum Member

The Sherlock mini episode ' Many Happy Returns' is now online. Enjoy.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JwntNANJCOE
Old 24-12-2013, 22:11
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

The Sherlock mini episode ' Many Happy Returns' is now online. Enjoy.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JwntNANJCOE
That was great - thanks for posting. He's coming back!

(Only a week and a day and we'll know how he did it! Yay! )
Old 24-12-2013, 23:01
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

So excited to see that minisode! It has already had 375 000 hits and it only went on Youtube today.
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 25-12-2013, 00:11
AndreaJx
Forum Member

Brilliant mini episode. I can't wait until Sherlock returns. Until then I'm going to smile and wink!
Old 25-12-2013, 00:22
Michael_Eve
Forum Member

Taste whetted. Thanks for link.

Slightly distracted because I was in the pub used with some friends on Friday sitting about a foot away from where they were sitting (obviously not whilst they were filming!) and Lestrade then popped into the newsagent I'd gone to on the way!

This should be a very nice start to 2014.

Closed Thread