Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Anyone else really dislike katy perrys unconditionally

Old 01-12-2013, 04:23
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

The song title makes me think of Peter Andre's cringe-tastic single about his stepson.
Ewww. Let's not go down that road
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-12-2013, 13:51
glyn9799
Forum Member

I don't hate it, but it certainly ain't no 'Firework' or 'ET'.

The album on the whole is pretty disappointing to be honest. A couple of decent tracks, but I can't see Prism having 8+ singles released from it.
glyn9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 14:16
Joel Bonner
Forum Member

Not as bad as a majority of her output, but still pales in comparison to 'Thinking Of You'; of which is the only song of hers that I like.
Joel Bonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:10
tim18
Forum Member

Not as bad as a majority of her output, but still pales in comparison to 'Thinking Of You'; of which is the only song of hers that I like.
This is her worst single (bar part of me but that went to number 1 so..).
tim18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 16:22
boysforpele
Forum Member

theres a rumour that only 3 songs will be released from the album???
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 18:29
JakeM641
Forum Member

Where did you hear this? Hope it's not true!

I think Unconditionally is the best on the album personally, I love it
JakeM641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 00:01
unclekevo
Forum Member

It's my favourite Katy Perry song but I think the winner of the Voice USA did it better
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 00:34
tim18
Forum Member

This song isnt doing as good as her past singles. Flop? Or still to early?
tim18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 02:16
So 3008
Forum Member

This song isnt doing as good as her past singles. Flop? Or still to early?
If heavy airplay and a performance on the X-Factor series final couldn't make Unconditionally a hit, nothing will (it's not even in the Top 25 according to the midweeks). It's not just the UK, it's majorly flopped pretty much the world over; going Top 10 in only three countries (Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy) despite being released eight weeks ago. Even in the States, heavy radio rotation isn't enough to keep it from failing down the Billboard Top 100. Luckily for Katy though, she has Dark Horse just waiting to smash.
So 3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 04:11
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

That probably means from the original ablum, before she releases a deluxe edition or whatever, with a load of new tracks, ha. Weren't there three editions of Teenage Dream?
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 04:21
antero
Forum Member

If heavy airplay and a performance on the X-Factor series final couldn't make Unconditionally a hit, nothing will (it's not even in the Top 25 according to the midweeks). It's not just the UK, it's majorly flopped pretty much the world over; going Top 10 in only three countries (Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy) despite being released eight weeks ago. Even in the States, heavy radio rotation isn't enough to keep it from failing down the Billboard Top 100. Luckily for Katy though, she has Dark Horse just waiting to smash.
Should have been single two! However, I'm worried that it won't be a proper single as it was used as a promo one! It's been available and selling well (outselling Unconditionally on iTunes in the US when I last looked) for a while meaning the selling power may be reduced and they may not risk it
antero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 05:57
gpk
Forum Member

Should have been single two! However, I'm worried that it won't be a proper single as it was used as a promo one! It's been available and selling well (outselling Unconditionally on iTunes in the US when I last looked) for a while meaning the selling power may be reduced and they may not risk it
its a mess. "dark horse" is #7 on itunes in the us, while "unconditionally" is currently languishing at #23. if they don't move quickly "dark horse" could be over before it gets enough traction, but according to billboard, capitol have now issued the track as the third single "following radio's early interest in the track". i still love "unconditionally" though and especially its video.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 09:43
MissMusique
Forum Member

I don't mind the song but she cannot sing it live at all. The arpeggio start to the chorus proves too difficult for her and the performances have been quite cringey. She'd be better off releasing Dark Horse, that's an awesome song.
MissMusique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 21:21
Harper_Milne
Forum Member

It's nauseatingly cheesy.
Harper_Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 21:26
CeeO
Forum Member

Beyond terrible. Even worse than her usual stuff (yes, that is possible).
CeeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 21:39
SparklySwede
Forum Member

I don't like it. I want to like it, but there's just something about it which I dislike. It's just too bland and never builds into anything more interesting. I get the feeling she just wanted to release an emotional song and thought it would automatically be a success because of her relationship with Brand? I don't know, maybe I'm being too cynical. Maybe she just genuinely thinks it's a good song. I don't think it helps that she can't actually sing it, her voice isn't quite good enough and she should avoid songs like this (and Firework, although at least that was catchy even if she couldn't sing it live...).

It's not that I don't like her ballads. My favourite song of hers is The One That Got Away, and I'm also fond of Thinking Of You and Double Rainbow off the new album. This one is just...well it definitely doesn't reach its full potential anyway.
SparklySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 14:26
dale0693
Forum Member

I like katy perry's unconditionally and hope it's released on Now 87 when that comes out at Easter
dale0693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 15:45
fkinhell
Forum Member

Unconditionally is meh. Didn't really listen as her previous single was utter rubbish!
fkinhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 12:18
mr muggles
Forum Member

I really dislike Katy Perry unconditionally. Does that count?
Thats what I thought this thread was about!

Shame...

Exits thread laughing like a demented hyena...)
mr muggles is offline   Reply With Quote