Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 01-01-2014, 02:53
dee123
Forum Member

Drew Fuller from Charmed & Army Wives.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:28
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Ask Duncan from Blue and Mika two recent examples of 'bisexual yesterday..gay today' (when they finally decide to be honest with us all)
I can understand why a boyband member like Duncan would first test the water with a bisexual announcement but I'm surprised at the prospect of Mika having been dishonest. It's not like Mika is the sort of to be adored by loads of teenage girls who would be devastated if they knew he'd never fancy them!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:08
Grabid Rannies
Forum Member

I can understand why a boyband member like Duncan would first test the water with a bisexual announcement but I'm surprised at the prospect of Mika having been dishonest. It's not like Mika is the sort of to be adored by loads of teenage girls who would be devastated if they knew he'd never fancy them!
Do you remember 'Kemal' from Big Brother? Funnily enough he even had the same build, hair and general 'look' and mannerisms of Mika, talked about his sexual experiences with men in the house, and was just so obviously gay. Yet when he left the house, he pretended to have a relationship with a female resident (that one that stuck the wine bottle up her noo-noo) for a while. I think both men are from Lebanon.
Grabid Rannies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:44
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I think you may be underestimating the power of $. I think it's rarely a case of just hiding being honest because you feel like it.

These stars are contracted from the beginning and have advisors and managers around them modelling their image who are FAR more worried about the gravy boat/ride potentially being dented, derailed or even coming to an end than the star just being worried about what the public 'thinks'.

Much of it is down to the people behind the people. And again, some people are not out to their own families as well.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 14:03
echad
Forum Member

If anything, it is a lot more difficult to come out as bisexual. Quite a lot of people simply believe it doesn't exist, so having to deal with people actually challenge you about your own sexuality can be quite damaging.
And when you settle down with a member of the opposite sex, people decide it was just a phase you were going through. Or when you settle down with a member of the same sex, they decide that you were gay all along and just said you were bisexual to soften the blow.
echad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 14:51
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

I know but you'd have to be blind no to realise mika was gay.
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 15:21
attackmusic
Forum Member

And when you settle down with a member of the opposite sex, people decide it was just a phase you were going through. Or when you settle down with a member of the same sex, they decide that you were gay all along and just said you were bisexual to soften the blow.
Exactly. People are woefully ignorant and it is especially ridiculous when they are gay themselves. How can you then go on to criticise someone else's sexuality or try and dictate who they are? Sometimes it sadly stems from gay people wanted to claim someone as their own, which makes no sense as it's not like you have a chance anyway

Many of us are happily bisexual thank you very much I have dated men and women and couldn't be happier about that. If people don't understand then that is their problem. It's just as insulting to suggest bisexuals are really straight people who are confused or are gay and trying to soften the blow as it is for people to say someone chose to be gay or just hasn't met the right person of the opposite sex yet. How can people not see their hypocrisy?

In fact there are a lot of bisexual people who pretend to be completely straight or completely gay to fit into a certain group of friends, which is really sad. I don't disagree that the "everyone has the potential to be bisexual" comments are irritating, they are. Most people are straight but plenty are completely bisexual, completely gay or some people's sexuality is quite fluid. I support them all and anyone who doesn't needs to stop being ignorant, especially if they themselves don't fit the norm.
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 19:50
dodrade
Forum Member

Do you remember 'Kemal' from Big Brother? Funnily enough he even had the same build, hair and general 'look' and mannerisms of Mika, talked about his sexual experiences with men in the house, and was just so obviously gay. Yet when he left the house, he pretended to have a relationship with a female resident (that one that stuck the wine bottle up her noo-noo) for a while. I think both men are from Lebanon.
Doesn't he live as a woman now?
dodrade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 19:54
ChipPaper
Forum Member

Doesn't he live as a woman now?
No, she does.
ChipPaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 22:12
Howardessex
Inactive Member

Luke Evans
Howardessex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 23:14
sparkle22
Forum Member

is the singer john newman gay or bi
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:27
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

^ John is or at least was in a relationship with fellow singer Ella Eyre. Of course, the fact that both have collaborated with Rudimental would lead some people on here to conclude the latter set John up with a 'beard'!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:42
dee123
Forum Member

Oh no. He's not gay. Anymore
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 13:15
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Oh no. He's not gay. Anymore
Yup, don't forget to see the DM archive for deets. PR worker girlfriend Holly Goodchild included in loved up, full-colour spread around when Luke headed for Hollyweird and those bright, bright lights!
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:37
UnlikelyHeroine
Forum Member

Is Luisa Bradshaw-White from Eastenders / This Life / Holby City a lesbian?

I read an interview with her recently where she was saying that her character in Eastenders was meant to be an overweight 50 something but after her audition, they decided to change her to a 30 something lesbian

It was worded something like 'after meeting me they decided to make her a lesbian' which made me wonder
Disclaimer: below based on gossip and I don't know her personally.

I see that this was posted a while ago. I have heard (on the London lesbian scene, for what it's worth) that yes, she is. A few years ago she was in Holby City and was seeing someone who she said in some interviews she wouldn't talk about as other half was a private person etc. I hear that person was a woman and she was not out at that point hence the discretion. The world has changed a lot in the last ten to fifteen years and I think it is easier to be quietly out now even if you don't actually say it, so LB-W can make that kind of comment in interviews now.
UnlikelyHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 13:31
Sandsss
Forum Member

What about 90's singer and Big Reunion star Kavana?
Sandsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 14:13
ChipPaper
Forum Member

I'm not sure why, but I've always thought Cameron Diaz is gay. I have no evidence for this, and nothing she's done really gives me reason, but I've always thought she's actually gay.

I just get that vibe from her.
ChipPaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 16:14
Harry Redknapp
Forum Member

Jasmine lennard made an interesting claim about an LA DJ last night.
Harry Redknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 16:36
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I'm not sure why, but I've always thought Cameron Diaz is gay. I have no evidence for this, and nothing she's done really gives me reason, but I've always thought she's actually gay.

I just get that vibe from her.
I think we all have people like that lol. I know I've said before that Zoe Ball always comes across as bi to me. The other one that comes to mind in the "only I think they're gay" category, if only because most people haven't heard of her (although I've mentioned this before on DS), is the Radio 2 travel presenter Bobbie Pryor. She pings like hell for some reason.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 20:28
Howardessex
Inactive Member

Yup, don't forget to see the DM archive for deets. PR worker girlfriend Holly Goodchild included in loved up, full-colour spread around when Luke headed for Hollyweird and those bright, bright lights!
Now that Luke Evans is getting Hollywood parts the studio system seems to have been reincarnated . Re writing history and even deleting quotes on Wikipedia . Quite ridiculous in 2014 .
Howardessex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 20:36
floog
Forum Member

Mika? I'm sorry is it 2007.
floog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 21:03
vauxhall1964
Forum Member

Mika? I'm sorry is it 2007.
there's a certain irony in that post, coming as it did just after one about Kavana.

that said, the French still love Mika: his last album went to no.1 there last year
vauxhall1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 21:23
Squatch
Forum Member

Been reading a lot about Cliff Richard on the internet...
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 21:55
lovelife7292
Forum Member

Jasmine lennard made an interesting claim about an LA DJ last night.
please reveal more
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 23:44
Harry Redknapp
Forum Member

Apparently, RS's pretty ex that entered CBB, disclosed to her that she used to drill him with a strap on.. and he was spread eagle and arched his back like a cat whenever he got pounded by her. He really enjoyed it.

I suppose it doesn't necessarily make him gay.. lots of couples enjoy sex toys.

It also depends on wherever you believe Jasmine Lennard is a trustworthy source. Those tweets have been deleted tho, as has the tweet detailing the DJs ex's betrayal.
Harry Redknapp is offline   Reply With Quote