Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 17-02-2014, 09:15
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Richard fleeshman -arrogant and full of himself.
Blimey. It's not like he has anything to be full of himself about either.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-02-2014, 20:18
Gwylfa
Forum Member

When I was about nine years old I met Leslie Crowther coming out of our village shop. He held the door open for me and said "Good afternoon' very pleasantly. He had a Rolls Royce in the car park. He seemed a true gentleman.
I was introduced to Leslie, by Jean Moreton at ATV Centre.He was lovely...the life and soul of the party.He was hosting the Nurse of the Year show.Had everyone in stitches(no pun intended)...as he kept fluffing his lines(it was a recording!).
Gwylfa is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 14:46
daisydee
Forum Member

I come from a family of female opera buffs and in 1991 myself, mum and my aunt bought tickets to see Jose Carreras in concert in Sydney as we were riding high after the Three Tenors smash hit the previous year. We spent a small fortune between the three of us on an overnight at the Park Hyatt hotel booking a suite overlooking the opera house and the harbour. A real treat for us and we were so excited at seeing our hero in concert and staying at this wonderful hotel. Concert was great, hotel was everything we expected. We found out Jose was staying at the same hotel in the Govenor Suite the floor above us - wow .

Next morning after checking out we stood outside waiting for a taxi and saw a flash looking car parked at the door with 'Jose Carreras' printed on a card in the windscreen - his personal car - again...wow .

Just before our taxi arrived the man himself emerges from the VIP exit and someone holds his door open, my aunt was absolutely beside herself with excitement and said 'Im going to say hello before he gets in!'. She walks the few steps over, says 'Mr Carreras we were at the concert last night and we just want to say thank you for coming to Sydney'. Carreras stopped with raised eyebrows, looked at her like she was something he'd scraped off his shoe and then got into the car and was whisked away. He was with his then German girlfriend.

To say my aunt was devastated and embarrassed to the point of being upset is an understatement. At the end of the concert the night before when taking his bows four old dears stood at the foot of the stage with flowers for him, directly under his nose, and he completely ignored them. Mum said because he'd been very ill for a few years he was probably still not himself. Not likely - rude little bugger
AWWWWWW Been a long time fan of JC's, and always comes across in interviews as being sweet and a bit humble. Will continue to enjoy his voice though as I have loads of his CDs and videos.

Otherwise, it sounds as though you had a fantastic evening.
daisydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 18:48
Joey1985
Forum Member

Peter Capaldi, can't say enough nice things about him.

Took my young nephew who lives in Wales to Cardiff when I knew they were filming DW, and even though it was pissing it down this fella was signing for everyone and chatting and photos with whoever asked, and didn't once looked annoyed as more people were turning up, even though he looked frozen to death.
Joey1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 19:59
Lil_M
Inactive Member

Blimey. It's not like he has anything to be full of himself about either.
No homo but he is clearly goodlooking. Some people are blessed and he is. It is more about his attitude and I. Find him rude, very me me me.
Lil_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 20:58
r1ver
Forum Member

No homo but he is clearly goodlooking. Some people are blessed and he is. It is more about his attitude and I. Find him rude, very me me me.
No homo?! What are you - 12?!
r1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 15:11
Rei
Forum Member

Pixie Lott- Extremely sweet but mind-numbingly stupid. (Didn't meet her in any professional capacity either, friend of a friend of a friend type social event).
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 16:08
Glenn A
Forum Member

I dont get the appeal of Morrissey. He may have been a great counter-culture character of the 80's, but he just comes accross as a TOSSER to me. I dont get the hero worship??
Maybe fans are dining on past glories??
Can't deny the music was good in the eighties, but the weirdness of his opinions, like saying animal rights groups should be like the IRA, got me down.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 23:44
Barrymorefan
Forum Member

I've also met Lee Sharpe, nice guy took the time to sign everything even though he was late. Also met former Rangers and Everton player Davie Weir, seemed quite pleased that I asked him to sign his book. Have also met Neil Warnock and he was nice, had my picture in local paper with him. Met Jasper Carrott in February, top guy, met him when it was pissing down with rain outside Wakefield Theatre, he took me in through the stage door and we had a chat, a pic and he signed a couple of things for me. Off to see Terry Christian on Saturday in Manchester, Suggs in April at Wakey and Frank Skinner in June at Manchester Apollo, so I hope to meet all three and will post in the future. Never met a celeb or famous footballer who has been rude...YET!
Barrymorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 00:14
dodrade
Forum Member

Pixie Lott- Extremely sweet but mind-numbingly stupid. (Didn't meet her in any professional capacity either, friend of a friend of a friend type social event).
I'm not surprised, she doesn't come across as terribly bright in interviews.
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 18:25
bookaddict
Forum Member

Can't deny the music was good in the eighties, but the weirdness of his opinions, like saying animal rights groups should be like the IRA, got me down.
He's a grade one idiot, who compares meat eaters to paedophiles. To be honest, it all smacks of desperate publicity seeking. Can't deny that some of The Smiths music was brilliant, but I've never heard a good word said about him as a person.
bookaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 18:26
bookaddict
Forum Member

Took my young nephew who lives in Wales to Cardiff when I knew they were filming DW, and even though it was pissing it down this fella was signing for everyone and chatting and photos with whoever asked, and didn't once looked annoyed as more people were turning up, even though he looked frozen to death.
That's lovely to hear. I have always enjoyed watching him acting, so it's nice to hear that he's a good guy in real life
Old 11-03-2014, 18:29
bookaddict
Forum Member

Robert Plant is friends with my Mum's friend, and she says he is absolutely lovely. He used to go to gigs at Wolverhampton Civic, but instead of wanting any VIP treatment, he always just used to stand at the bar and chat with other people at the gig. My brother sat a couple of seats away from him at a football match, and said how nice he seemed as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 21:12
soundcheck
Forum Member

Friends of mine also live in Cardiff and met him recently (they took the sproglings with them, but I think they were just a pretext ). They also report that Capaldi was charming and seemed genuinely delighted to be chatting to fans, even though it was cold and drizzly and he only had a light jacket on. Poor man must have been shivering inside.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:04
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Loving the comments on Peter Capaldi. He seems like a top bloke. Really looking forward to him becoming Dr. Who.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 21:39
soundcheck
Forum Member

Loving the comments on Peter Capaldi. He seems like a top bloke. Really looking forward to him becoming Dr. Who.
I spoke to one of the aforementioned friends again this evening and Capaldi came up in conversation. My friend said that there were quite a few people there waiting for autographs, and Capaldi's attitude was basically "I can't believe that all these people want to talk to me". I don't want to put him on a pedestal (that never ends well) but everything I've heard about him suggests that he is an exceptionally decent human being.
soundcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 22:38
leemuir
Forum Member

I met Harry Styles not too long ago and he was very quiet and unassuming also very down to earth didnt have much time to chat understandably but he was very nice to my younger sister and me.
leemuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 11:23
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I spoke to one of the aforementioned friends again this evening and Capaldi came up in conversation. My friend said that there were quite a few people there waiting for autographs, and Capaldi's attitude was basically "I can't believe that all these people want to talk to me". I don't want to put him on a pedestal (that never ends well) but everything I've heard about him suggests that he is an exceptionally decent human being.
...and a very humble one at that, so it seems!

Unbelievable that he can 'morph' into the foul mouthed Malcolm Tucker! Perhaps he's his naughty alter ego who gets to 'escape' when he's acting!
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 16:43
JumpTheShark
Forum Member

I'm not surprised, she doesn't come across as terribly bright in interviews.
Or even in her music videos. She always has a vacant grin on her face. Bless her
JumpTheShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 22:24
groovesection
Inactive Member

Jim Davidson - total **** and alcoholic. I worked at the club he refurbished in GT Yarmouth in the mid 1990's - He was pissed as a fart and stank of booze at 8am in the morning and would even take the foreman for a pint in the Pavilion Pier at the stroke of 11am.
I was only there for 4 days doing firproofing and on my last day I asked or his autograph for my Nan who was a fan, **** told me to **** off.
So before I left I took a piss in the toilet pan (It was not even plumbed in yet
groovesection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 23:14
Mrstim
Forum Member

Geoff Capes tickled me under the chin and said I was cute when I was in my pram outside a shop at 2 years old
Mrstim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 10:34
Fayecorgasm
Forum Member

my friend was in Liverpool last weekend and saw someone she thought she knew and dragged him to have a conversation with her ,eventually he escaped from her and after soemone came up and said you know that was Jamie Rednap don't you?, apparently he'd sat there chatting to 67 year old Glenys as if they'd known each other for years he must be a really nice bloke, although where i work they areall saying that he's probably going around saying you will never believe it I finally met Glenys !
Fayecorgasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 10:59
DarthFader
Forum Member

Jim Davidson - total **** and alcoholic. I worked at the club he refurbished in GT Yarmouth in the mid 1990's - He was pissed as a fart and stank of booze at 8am in the morning and would even take the foreman for a pint in the Pavilion Pier at the stroke of 11am.
I was only there for 4 days doing firproofing and on my last day I asked or his autograph for my Nan who was a fan, **** told me to **** off.
So before I left I took a piss in the toilet pan (It was not even plumbed in yet
At my local theatre I used to know some of the tech crew, Jim walked in and saw they had Bose speakers thoughout and said some rude stuff and walked out and refused to go on ....
DarthFader is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 18:39
xflare
Forum Member

Rugby player James Haskell - total w*****
xflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 13:27
JCJ94
Forum Member

I served Timmy Mallett in work on Saturday, he seemed rather nice and full of life at 10am!
JCJ94 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote