Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Educating Joey Essex

Old 08-03-2014, 18:29
Jason100
Forum Member

I saw a trailer just now on ITV showing this prat in some third world country teaching them to do some hand trick.

Is this what TV has come to?
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-03-2014, 22:26
big brother 9
Forum Member

Did you not watch the jump?
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:10
BellaRosa
Forum Member

I saw a trailer just now on ITV showing this prat in some third world country teaching them to do some hand trick.

Is this what TV has come to?
In a word .. Yes ... I heard once we went digital there will be loads of 'shows' like this. I have noticed the increase of crap shows over the last year
BellaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 13:09
giggityfish80
Forum Member

And here was me thinking it was gonna be about Joey going to school to get educated
giggityfish80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 13:34
liamc01
Forum Member

So will he learn to tell the time during the show or has he mastered that now? haha.
Check my cover of Say something by A great Big World
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wTeI9t4KE
liamc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 21:29
sw2963
Forum Member

It's unintentionally hilarious!
sw2963 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 21:57
Glenn A
Forum Member

In a word .. Yes ... I heard once we went digital there will be loads of 'shows' like this. I have noticed the increase of crap shows over the last year
Well it's ITV 2, that well known bastion of quality television that has produced such BAFTA award winning shows as Katie and Peter and WAGs Boutique. It really is a dustbin of television that only seems to appeal to women under 30 who buy HEAT magazine.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 09:11
BlueEyedMrsP
Forum Member

I think they settled on the title 'Educating Joey Essex' because 'An Idiot Abroad' was already taken.
BlueEyedMrsP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 09:14
wallster
Forum Member

Educating Joey Essex is trying to do the impossible
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 17:16
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

It could've done without Phillip Schofield's sarcastic commentary. He was talking in a "look at this dopey star from that trashy Reality TV show" way when he himself presents some trashy shows on ITV!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 19:21
BellaRosa
Forum Member

Well it's ITV 2, that well known bastion of quality television that has produced such BAFTA award winning shows as Katie and Peter and WAGs Boutique. It really is a dustbin of television that only seems to appeal to women under 30 who buy HEAT magazine.
You are right there but it now seems to be spilling over to ITV 1 now. Trash tv seems to be on all channels.
Old 22-03-2014, 08:30
BlueEyedMrsP
Forum Member

It could've done without Phillip Schofield's sarcastic commentary. He was talking in a "look at this dopey star from that trashy Reality TV show" way when he himself presents some trashy shows on ITV!
I agree, I don't think his commentary added anything to the program.

Yes, I watched it.

We all know Joey's not the brightest crayon in the box, we don't really need someone like Schofield highlighting Joey's intellectual misgivings.
BlueEyedMrsP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 16:32
JeffG1
Forum Member

It's unintentionally hilarious!
Unintentionally? I thought that was the whole idea. I've never watched TOWIE, so this came as something new to me, and I only picked up on it because it was billed as a Radio Times choice.

It cracked me up when he was trying to get his head round the concept of north and south hemispheres. He came across as ingenuous and child-like which I think is where the entertainment came from. Another funny bit was where he asked if he could take a selfie with the dung beetle.

Hilarious? Yes. Unintentional? Surely not.

Edit: I've just noticed this is grouped under Reality TV. Why? It's a documentary.
JeffG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 18:53
BellaRosa
Forum Member

Unintentionally? I thought that was the whole idea. I've never watched TOWIE, so this came as something new to me, and I only picked up on it because it was billed as a Radio Times choice.

It cracked me up when he was trying to get his head round the concept of north and south hemispheres. He came across as ingenuous and child-like which I think is where the entertainment came from. Another funny bit was where he asked if he could take a selfie with the dung beetle.

Hilarious? Yes. Unintentional? Surely not.

Edit: I've just noticed this is grouped under Reality TV. Why? It's a documentary.

In the very loose sense of the word surely.
Old 03-04-2014, 23:48
coachtrip_fan99
Forum Member

was it just a one off then?

it hasn't been on since
coachtrip_fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote