Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Pregnant at 17 and again at 50 and hoping for another!

Old 09-03-2014, 16:34
Frankie_Little
Forum Member

Personally, I wouldn't have a baby at her age.

But live and let live...

She's happy, her daughter is happy, so leave them be.
Frankie_Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-03-2014, 16:37
Sloopy
Forum Member

Your opinions mean nothing.
In which case neither do yours.

Thus, a discussion forum is probably not the best place for one to be in.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 20:55
Blue Eyed lady
Forum Member

I would imagine there are some younger Mothers out there who obviously love their children but don't make great Mums.

However there will be older ladies who make fantastic Mums, therefore if I was a child, I'd opt for older, better Mum. This is why I don't buy into the "it's not fair on the child arguement" why isn't it? People live a lot longer due to a healthier life style etc

As I previously said, if I found out I was pregnant when I reached 50, I would be devastated, not because I would be concerned about the child but because I've done my bit of being permanently exhausted, not even remembering what a decent nights sleep was, also I'm starting to get a bit of "Me time" which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Tina Malone, on the other hand appears to be relishing parenthood at 50 & I predict a very happy childhood for her baby daughter.
Blue Eyed lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 22:42
vierte
Forum Member

I would imagine there are some younger Mothers out there who obviously love their children but don't make great Mums.

However there will be older ladies who make fantastic Mums, therefore if I was a child, I'd opt for older, better Mum. This is why I don't buy into the "it's not fair on the child arguement" why isn't it? People live a lot longer due to a healthier life style etc

As I previously said, if I found out I was pregnant when I reached 50, I would be devastated, not because I would be concerned about the child but because I've done my bit of being permanently exhausted, not even remembering what a decent nights sleep was, also I'm starting to get a bit of "Me time" which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Tina Malone, on the other hand appears to be relishing parenthood at 50 & I predict a very happy childhood for her baby daughter.
I don't understand are you saying there aren't any rubbish older mums? You get crap mums of all ages, having someone suddenly reach 50 doesn't automatically make them a good parent.
vierte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 00:41
wonkeydonkey
Forum Member

Its not really fair on the child though
Successful 51 year old actor and their much younger partner having a baby is an incredibly common story though, isn't it? Tina Malone is two years younger than Simon Cowell, and I don't remember people saying that he was far too old to have a baby.
wonkeydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 00:48
IntoTheBlue
Forum Member

Your opinions mean nothing.
Who made you God?
IntoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 00:51
IntoTheBlue
Forum Member

When someone is as attention seeking as Tina Malone and they sell every aspect of their private lives to the media, people are going to comment. If she didn't put herself out there she WOULD be left alone.
IntoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:12
Blue Eyed lady
Forum Member

I don't understand are you saying there aren't any rubbish older mums? You get crap mums of all ages, having someone suddenly reach 50 doesn't automatically make them a good parent.
I was simply pointing out that there are some rubbish younger Mums, meaning, it's not all about age.
Of course there are older rubbish Mums, I don't think I said "reaching 50 automatically makes you a great parent".
Blue Eyed lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 13:51
Sloopy
Forum Member

When someone is as attention seeking as Tina Malone and they sell every aspect of their private lives to the media, people are going to comment. If she didn't put herself out there she WOULD be left alone.
Indeed. She gladly accepts the pay cheques. There is nothing remotely 'private' about selling your story to television programmes and newspapers.

If these subjects had never been allowed to be talked about then the technology would not exist at all for women of Tina's age to even contemplate having another child.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote