Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Chris Martin

Old 08-11-2013, 14:45
MissPinotGrigio
Forum Member

That website is awful, she constantly preaches (like her ex-friend Madonna) at others on how to live their lives, how to live healthily so as to avoid cancer like her father died of.

And then goes and ruins it all by smoking. Eejit!

Don't mind him so much though, not a massive fan but not a hater either.
MissPinotGrigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-11-2013, 22:44
Pointy
Forum Member

Chris Martin is a nice guy. The world could do with more people like him.
Pointy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:16
evangeline007
Forum Member

I like Coldplay except that dreary song "Fix You".. Chris is amusing in interviews that I have heard. Overall the music is good. I recall the video for yellow and I thought he looked like a working class northern type, he was so fanciable and interesting. In reality he is very affluent, sort of ruined the effect for me.
evangeline007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 23:56
Zeb Atlas
Forum Member

Coldplay are great guys and I don't think their music is boring at all. By contrast, I think they're extremely uplifting. Although I did hear Paradise a few times too many!
Zeb Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:20
sammyvine
Inactive Member

bumpppp
sammyvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 01:12
mvloca
Forum Member

It's more to do with the fact that despite being all of the above, he's a very wealthy and successful performer while other more exciting, innovative musicians get overlooked.
That's unfair, Coldplay's first two albums were very good. The melodies and lyrics were brilliant but after that it was just same old same old so very boring.

Mind you Noel Gallagher's been pushing out the same stuff for decades (Definitely Maybe is a classic it's a shame the other stuff is durge!) and he doesn't incur nearly as much wrath!
mvloca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 01:18
WanderinWonder
Forum Member

He's fine by me. I love Coldplay
I wouldn't say they're my favourite band, but I remember their debut album had some pretty decent songs on it, songs that packed a punch with plenty of emotion. Hardly 'beige'.
WanderinWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 01:21
WanderinWonder
Forum Member

That's unfair, Coldplay's first two albums were very good. The melodies and lyrics were brilliant but after that it was just same old same old so very boring.

Mind you Noel Gallagher's been pushing out the same stuff for decades (Definitely Maybe is a classic it's a shame the other stuff is durge!) and he doesn't incur nearly as much wrath!
Exactly. Coldplay are for superior to Oasis IMO (oops guess the baying mob will be at my door now!).

ETA: Champagne Supernova is a great song though.
Old 13-03-2014, 01:27
WanderinWonder
Forum Member

Its not trendy to like Coldplay that is what it is about and the fact that the four Coldplay lads are from Middle class backgrounds and had privileges that made it easier for them to break into music.

I have seen them live and enjoyed both their concerts.
This country's obsession with class can get pretty tedious pretty quick.
Old 13-03-2014, 03:17
Sifter22
Forum Member

I think Liam Gallagher summed Chris up perfectly - "He looks like a ****ing Geography teacher"
Sifter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 13:57
Lildeakin
Forum Member

Why is music only deemed to be worthwhile if it's innovative and original and made by daring and creative artists??
Well said! Don't you know unless the music you like is 'edgy' 'innovative' and 'daring' you mustn't admit to liking it as otherwise you are ridiculed and middle of the road middle class 'milk sops'.
Lildeakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 13:48
Kiko H Fan
Inactive Member

He's a milksop.
Kiko H Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 22:37
Badcat
Forum Member

Nothing wrong with him at all. he's just a bloke who is in a group and writes songs that some people like and some don't.

I think the hate has been built up over the years mainly by the press because he likes to keep his private life private and doesn't play by their rules (i.e. interviews and smiley pics with the family).

There are a lot more singers and song writers out there who are much more annoying than Mr Martin and one of them has a surname that sounds like twunt
Badcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 22:43
Jane Elliot
Forum Member

I have no opinion on him but I despise Coldplay's music more than I could possibly express. How they are such a critically acclaimed band and manage to get what seems like the vast majority of the public having raging hard ons for them is a huge mystery to me. I'd rather slit my wrists than sit through a Coldplay song.
Jane Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 22:57
Pee
Forum Member

He's fine by me. I love Coldplay
this.
Pee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 00:12
dodrade
Forum Member

I remember an early interview in Q magazine where he said he didn't have much luck with girls!
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 02:32
Microkorg
Forum Member

^ still hasn't, judging by the wife
she seems to be universally hated
Microkorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 10:56
The Prumeister
Forum Member

^ still hasn't, judging by the wife
she seems to be universally hated

She brings a lot of the dislike upon herself IMHO. At a time when most families are struggling financially, she writes a lot of guff about having freshly cut flowers flown in by private jet to heighten the atmosphere at a dinner party etc.

I don't hate her but I do think she's very pretentious, misguided and silly.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 15:06
Kiko H Fan
Inactive Member

She brings a lot of the dislike upon herself IMHO. At a time when most families are struggling financially, she writes a lot of guff about having freshly cut flowers flown in by private jet to heighten the atmosphere at a dinner party etc.

I don't hate her but I do think she's very pretentious, misguided and silly.
I used to work in a building next to Elstree Film Studios.
She was there filming.
Each day, she'd sent a Black cab from the studio, to her London hotel, where the cabbie would pick up a macrobiotic lunch for her, specially prepared, then drive it back to the studio.
Quite why she couldn't nip to Tesco, next door to the studio, I don't know!
Kiko H Fan is offline   Reply With Quote