Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Susan Boyle RIver Deep Mountain High

Old 28-03-2014, 11:45
WalkTheRope
Forum Member

Susan Boyle sings River Deep, Mountain High on her 1st British tour, there's a possibility this could be recorded and released as a single in the UK. This is according to her manager. But wont be released in the US, their charts Radio air time and streaming goes before sales and she isn't big in any of those areas. + physical CD singles are almost dead there.
He did say the albums that are on sale at venues during the tour won't be reported to soundscan, so wont enter the UK charts with these sales.
WalkTheRope is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:29
sunrisegirl
Forum Member

She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.
sunrisegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 00:27
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

She's one of so-many US radio will not support, so there's nothing new there. Releasing a single will indeed flop if was released.
She's no Tina Turner.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 00:55
ohglobbits
Forum Member

Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.
ohglobbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 08:21
mushymanrob
Forum Member

Unless she's morphed into a rock singer this will sound disastrous. Some songs can't be turned into opera-lite.
agreed.

phil spectres arguably finest moment is when he produced ike and tina turners version. that was the definitive version, i cannot see how it can be matched let alone bettered.
mushymanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 09:35
sunrisegirl
Forum Member

There is a bootleg out there and it's karaoke, and some of her fans thinks this would be #1 on the charts

NOT, NO, wont happen.
Old 29-03-2014, 11:14
Alrightmate
Forum Member

I can imagine her slowly swaying from side to side and clicking her fingers to it after having been told to go and 'rock it out'.
Alrightmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 11:24
RikScot
Forum Member

She murdered Wild Horses as far as I'm concerned...so this is no surprise
RikScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 14:34
NScot
Forum Member

She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.
NScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 23:06
dd68
Forum Member

Why does she only do covers?
dd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 23:51
twells
Forum Member

She wont get airplay with that song or any other song in America, a deal would work but only for the day and the days after would be all negative updates. Would be a total waste of money.

Her video's don't get many streams and Billboard only count US streams, and that's out of the window for her.

In all, would be a waste of time releasing a single or it would go flopney.
Why does this thread even exist? Her manager said it won't be released in the US and only possibly in the UK. It's used as a change of tempo in the show.

Nobody knows better than Susan Boyle and her people that, for all the reasons mentioned, she's an album seller not a single seller. And 5 years since her debut, according to the IFPI, she was still in the top 5 UK album sellers WW in 2013. I don't think the Boyle team spends much time agonizing about releasing singles.
twells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 10:05
sunrisegirl
Forum Member

LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
Robbie
David Bowie
Emeli Sande
1D
Garry Barlow
Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.
Old 15-04-2014, 11:26
Heston Veston
Forum Member

I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".
Heston Veston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 11:35
MrMarple
Forum Member

I can't get my head round the concept. It would be as if, say, someone like Mariah Carey were to do a version of "Without You".
MrMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 12:38
bornfree
Forum Member

Why does she only do covers?
Because she cant write her own songs and I suppose her voice is not very poppy so Simon Cowell's song writers probably find it hard to write for her but can easily write songs for One Direction and such like.

I don't think I have ever sat down and listened to a complete Susan Boyle song. She has an OK voice but so do many other female artists who actually write their own material and don't do covers.
bornfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 15:51
NScot
Forum Member

LOL

She's not in the top 5 By UK artists in 2013.

Adele
Robbie
David Bowie
Emeli Sande
1D
Garry Barlow
Arctic Monkeys

All of these sold more than her last year world wide.
Didn't make the top10 never mind top5. Add Elie Goulding and Mumford & Sons and Rod Stewart.
Those are the top10 with your list.
SuBo was the 4th biggest selling UK female of 2013.for world sales.
NScot is offline   Reply With Quote