Options

EE Results

Comments

• Options
    japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and meant to add my prediction for the year for O2 is +700k and Three +750k because of Three's superior second half PAYG performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE also said that they think they can triple the 4G base to 6 million by the end of 2014.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    japaul wrote: »
    (of which around 300k were in Q3).

Ah, i forgot this. So in that case i'm going with

O2- 725k
    3UK- 650k

estimates are yearly. Blimey, that took a while to get here. So I'm going to say these are my final estimates.
    EE also said that they think they can triple the 4G base to 6 million by the end of 2014.

Wow. Although I think EE are banking on the existing T-Mo/Orange user base being moved over to EE4G though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Another bad quarter, I suppose at least the number for customers leaving is gradually falling.
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    So here is what we have so far

Total customer increase/decrease YOY (2012-2013)

EE: -1374k
    Voda: -176k

What are Vodafone's figures for Q4? I can't find them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kierankay wrote: »
    Another bad quarter, I suppose at least the number for customers leaving is gradually falling.

What are Vodafone's figures for Q4? I can't find them.

Can be found here-
    http://www.vodafone.com/content/dam/vodafone/investors/financial_results_feeds/ims_quarter_31december2013/dl_ims_31december2013.pdf
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was referring to yearly as well. Pretty obvious that a lot of the EE pay as you go are likely to have moved to Three Tesco Giffgaff or O2. I know revenue isn't as high on pay as you go but I think it still should be considered important. Looks like UK is going become like Germany one year Vodafone is highest next T-Mobile is if EE had sorted out they would not be in that position.

Bit of a big estimate thinking they can get a quarter of there entire customer basis on 4G by the end of year. If it happens good for them but I not sure it will not a lot of people are truly bothered about it at the moment.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    88% Smartphone penetration is impressive much in the same way O2s 48% isn't impressive. Smartphones are pretty useless on GPRS anyway!
  • Options
    AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    88% Smartphone penetration is impressive much in the same way O2s 48% isn't impressive. Smartphones are pretty useless on GPRS anyway!

Especially on O2's GPRS, where Google (yes, Google) will fail to load on GPRS.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlecR wrote: »
    Especially on O2's GPRS, where Google (yes, Google) will fail to load on GPRS.

Trying to load 40KB images from Kik Messenger on O2 GPRS would always fail for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest EE quarterly figures.

EE results for the quarter ending March 2014 (2014 Jan-Mar). Comparatives are with the previous quarter (2013 Oct-Dec) and the same quarter a year ago (2013 Jan-Mar).

Mobile service revenue: £1387m (2013 Oct-Dec: £1445m, 2013 Jan-Mar: £1422m)

Mobile Customers - Total: 24.576m (2013 Dec: 24.774m, 2013 Mar: 25.742m)
    Mobile Customers - Postpaid: 14.473m (2013 Dec: 14.350m, 2013 Mar: 13.759m)
    Mobile Customers - Prepaid: 10.103m (2013 Dec: 10.424m, 2013 Mar: 11.983m)

4G Customers - 2.885m (2013 Dec: 1.996m, 2013 Mar: 0.318m)

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/financials/ee-results-for-the-first-quarter-to-31-March-2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow.

EE is growing very fast. That 6 million isn't exactly unreachable to be honest. It actually could happen by the end of the year.

Same trends as last year though where pay as you go numbers and overall.customer numbers are decreasing.

Thanks again Japaul.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Japaul, any word on number of masts decommissioned/remaining?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, no numbers on that.

New numbers this time were total MVNO connections of ~3.7m (of which I guess Virgin is 3m). Also, might have to start including M2M numbers in the customer totals as EE seem to be going down this route. Need to stop O2 overtaking their totals :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see what you would expect slight increase in contract customers but another slump overall in terms of customers nearly 200K. How close is the gap between O2 and EE now ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2's figures for the same period will be out on May 9 but their total for Dec 2013 was 23.649m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch so less than a million unless O2 has lost customers as well. EE really do need to start fixing pay as you go. That is where they are continuing losing customers.

Can they honestly afford to keep losing so many customers? You can see there revenue is going down each quarter as well.

Haha did have to laugh when I saw EE claimed there site is best in class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends. If you include EE's M2M numbers you can add another 1.7m to their total. I think EE would like us to do that. I was a bit surprised by the service revenue figure. I guess lots off those 4G customers aren't paying any extra for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does O2 add it's M2M numbers to there total ?

Actually they would beat them then anyway wouldn't they think I remember reading O2 got the smart meter contract for the entire south.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are also saying 4G coverage is now 72% [outdoor].
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are also saying 4G coverage is now 72% [outdoor].

Gaining that extra 26% in 9 months is going be quite a challenge to do. Specially the last 8% wouldn't surprise me If they missed of by a couple of months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Depends. If you include EE's M2M numbers you can add another 1.7m to their total. I think EE would like us to do that. I was a bit surprised by the service revenue figure. I guess lots off those 4G customers aren't paying any extra for it.

Well EE want to migrate as many people as possible over from T-Mo and Orange. They state 50% of all upgrades are to EE from the other two brands. So its clear that EE are trying to upgrade their customers to 4G no matter what. Hence why people are actually getting some fairly good retention deals such as £10pm off line rental.

All part of the plan to get to 6m customers though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying they expect to exceed 6m by year end now.

In addition to the 72% 4G coverage figure they also said that double speed coverage was 25% which I thought a bit low given it's mostly the bigger cities which are double speed. I guess it could be the gaps in these double speed areas or the coverage isn't where the population is reckoned to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Does O2 add it's M2M numbers to there total ?

Not 100% sure actually - need to revisit the definitions although I recall them not being particularly clear. Vodafone definitely don't include them. TBH each of the networks have slightly different rules but they are good enough to compare as along as you don't take it to the nth degree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Gaining that extra 26% in 9 months is going be quite a challenge to do. Specially the last 8% wouldn't surprise me If they missed of by a couple of months.

Olaf is saying 90% by the end of the year now so I think a bit more than a couple of months to get to 98%.

Also, 40 double speed cities by the end of the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olaf is saying 90% by the end of the year now so I think a bit more than a couple of months to get to 98%.

Also, 40 double speed cities by the end of the year.

Oh thanks for that didn't realise goal had changed. not to surprising double speed city expansion most places have fixed spectrum problem now.