Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 here soon?

Old 21-07-2014, 21:43
Stig
Forum Member

I notice Amazon have reduced the price of the Kindle Paperwhite 2 from 109 to 89. Does this mean a new one is imminent?

Typical, as I bought one in June!
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2014, 23:29
mred2000
Forum Member

Rumours where that it should've been out Q2 of this year but reports in June still think it's a long way off... Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it pops out later this year. I bought my G1 PW about this time last year knowing full well the G2 was coming out... so it goes...

Also, the 20 reduction isn't permanent - it ends tomorrow.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 19:39
heiker
Forum Member

The Amazon Paperwhite 2 is pretty much perfect. Except for some really minor adjustments to the top level menus I'd leave well alone.
heiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 21:48
DangerBrother
Forum Member

Dont they normally release one in Sept / October ?

I got the new one last year, and I do like it, just wish they would bring back the free 3g with full (kind of) internet browsing like on the old keyboard one.

I still have the old keyboard one for whenever I go abroad, great for reading the news headlines, and sometimes for maps, etc.

I use the new one mainly at home, I dont read many books, but again just read the news and articles found on The Book Of The Web, really great before nodding off (unlike ipads, etc which keep me awake)
DangerBrother is offline   Reply With Quote