Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

tablet won't charge

Old 21-07-2014, 19:02
ACL777
Forum Member

I have a few months old sony and it isn't charging. The charge indicator is on but the battery indicator is diminshing. I got a message pop up saying my charge source was insufficient and the drain was greater. Any ideas..? Thanks.
ACL777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2014, 19:37
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

I have a few months old sony and it isn't charging. The charge indicator is on but the battery indicator is diminshing. I got a message pop up saying my charge source was insufficient and the drain was greater. Any ideas..? Thanks.
Are you using the original charger or charging from your PC or a phone charger? If it is your original charger see it it will charge your phone or other device, the charger might be duff. USB points on a PC just don't have enough ooomph for some devices and the same with a phone charger.
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 22:49
ACL777
Forum Member

I'm using the original charger. It is now slowly charging. When I posted i was on 13 per cent battery. I am now on 65. It seems to be slowly working. I will try the charger on other devices to identify the route of the problem. Thanks.
ACL777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 19:33
nvingo
Forum Member

The original battery in my three year old smartphone was not fully charged after 8-10 hours (charging light remains orange) with the original charger and cable. I purchased a new higher-capacity battery and that recharges in the same conditions in just a couple of hours.
Battery age is likely the OP's issue.
nvingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 20:12
alan1302
Forum Member

The original battery in my three year old smartphone was not fully charged after 8-10 hours (charging light remains orange) with the original charger and cable. I purchased a new higher-capacity battery and that recharges in the same conditions in just a couple of hours.
Battery age is likely the OP's issue.
Battery age of the ops tablet is only a few months old though
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote